mcarterbrown.com  

Bob Long BLAST - Bob Long Action Sports Technologies

Old 06-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

I got a new MVP from Field1 a few months ago (the TMNT "Splinter").
It was LOUD.
I've played with another used MVP for over 2 years as my primary, and my new one was probably twice as loud. So I ordered the Vintage V2 Sledgehammer and Hollowpoint bolt combo.

It made a WORLD of difference. Made it quieter than my old worn-in MVP...so much so that I've had strangers walk up on the field and comment that it's the quietest MVP they've ever seen/heard. I never tried the 2 upgrade pieces separately so maybe the combo together really does make a big difference. I'm so happy with my purchase, that if I decide not to sell my older gun I'm going to buy the Vintage parts for it.

I will note that I never bothered to try the washer/o-ring mods discussed here and elsewhere so I can't make any comparison other than my brand new Splinter to my old broken-in workhorse.
accatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My MVP has never been loud, and it doesn't fart if I don't hold the pump handle.

I have never bothered with the washer mod either but mostly due to the fact that I am not willing to sacrifice pump stroke.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
B.A.M.F.

CCM Fan
If I don't hold the pump handle my gun hiccups like crazy and the hammer smashes into the sled pins. It sounds like it's going to break if I keep doing it.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Get in touch with pvn on here or pbnation. The guy is legit. You probably already know though. He does a complete overhaul/service upgrade to the MVP. I got mine back recently and pretty quick turnaround too. I have yet to send paint through it but the action on it is awesome. First day playing this year will be march 11. So I'll find out then. Good luck and have fun out there!

Last edited by SpiralSix; 03-04-2018 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Missed a comment
SpiralSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Vagabond

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralSix View Post
Get in touch with pvn on here or pbnation. The guy is legit. You probably already know though. He does a complete overhaul/service upgrade to the MVP. I got mine back recently and pretty quick turnaround too. I have yet to send paint through it but the action on it is awesome. First day playing this year will be march 11. So I'll find out then. Good luck and have fun out there!
I can vouch for pvn. He does great work. My T2 is on the chopping block after replacing the stock hammer with his. Love my MVP.
Old 05-31-2018, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
B.A.M.F.

CCM Fan
Yeah I did contact PVN and got him to handle things. MVP shoots like a dream now.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Bob Long