mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 09-09-2017, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Rainmaker backblock

Anyone have a spare/no longer needed back block they want to sell me?

I guess I could have one machined but figured I start here. Thanks guys.
scarney1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

They were hard to find 10 or 15 years ago when Rainmakers were on the market, they're nearly impossible now - anybody who made them either disappeared or don't make them anymore.

I have a gutted HPR that's been capped which will still let you use the stock LPR assembly if you're interested, but it's not as short as a backblock would be. The upside is you don't lose as much volume behind the valve - important if you're trying to reduce operating pressure or just trying to get the marker up to the right velocity.

But, you'll need an external reg, so likely a Mag vertical adapter on the front to run a reg, and more hoses/fittings to get air to the backblock.

Once you start modding Rainmakers, it snowballs. Quick.

It's on the back of this:
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply.

I figured this wouldn't yield much, but I had to try lol.

One of my top 5 life regrets is selling my heavily modded RM in 06. Front block, back block, delrin bolt, angel frame, rechipped board, and more that I cannot even remember.

I am struggling with what I want to do the RM I have now. Its pretty much stock except it has no feed neck and a CP barrel (that is ugly as sin for this marker). One part of me wants to go ham on the thing and the other wants to just get it going and enjoy it stock (I never owned a stock RM I do not think haha).

I would really like to get a back block, front block, and 45 degree front asa with HP reg, on/off asa on an angel frame, .... and if I'm dreaming LP mods etc....

We shall see
Old 10-02-2017, 04:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well for $40 I got a mostly there rainmaker complete with a backblock. So this quest is solved. Took a bit but I'm more than happy.

Also, Jordan - thank you for the feed neck. Its in great shape. I'll be in touch about the shipping cost though. I think you may have been short changed a little.
Old 10-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarney1988 View Post
Well for $40 I got a mostly there rainmaker complete with a backblock. So this quest is solved. Took a bit but I'm more than happy.

Also, Jordan - thank you for the feed neck. Its in great shape. I'll be in touch about the shipping cost though. I think you may have been short changed a little.
Glad to hear you got the feedneck safe and sound. And you found a backblock! You need to post some pictures of your project.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle