mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 01-01-2019, 06:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
VoodistMonk

Interesting Marauder/ Eradicator findings...

Well, I have an Eradicator. And I have a Spyder spring kit. So I figured I would see if they are compatible.

They are.

The Spyder striker springs are noticeably longer, so I started with a lower tension spring from the Spyder kit to account for the additional preload.

My Spyder spring kit includes both the short and long valve spring styles. The short Spyder valve springs will work with the stock front plug and the stock valve stem/ cup seal with the little star stabilization piece. The conical spring no longer will recess into the front plug. And even the short Spyder valve springs are a little longer than the stock valve spring when the front plug is closed, so they will also provide a little additional preload in the valve. I will start with a lower tension spring when I get my vertical adapter... more to follow;

NOTE ALSO, the stock bottomline nut protrudes too far into the valve chamber to allow the conical Spyder valve spring to fit. Either grind a few threads off the factory bottomline, or modify a Raptor/Avenger vertical ASA adapter to accommodate the conical Spyder valve springs.

The molded in bottomline in the grip frame takes metric Spyder bottomline fittings, in case that isn't common knowledge.
DavidBoren is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle