mcarterbrown.com  

Brass Eagle Brass Eagle owners can hang out here

Old 10-08-2019, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Raptor Vavle identification/help, Plus other parts.

Hi, all.

To save time if you do not want to read all below I wanted to see if anyone know what this valve does over the stock, and if it installs the same as stock with the small hole at top?

I have a Raptor 1440 (Green). I bought it back in 1998 when I was 16. Loved this gun. I used it a lot for about 2 years then joined the USAF and never got back into paintball again. I have had it stored away ever since. recently I have gotten back into paintball casually with my coworkers and getting my family into it. I want to use my Raptor for nostalgia sake rather than get a new one if I can get it going again. I ordered an O-ring kit, also grabbed two more Raptors off Ebay for a few bucks for parts as well. Looks like the only thing I am missing is the spring that connects to the trigger. I have it torn down and am cleaning and inspecting it. I had a few questions about parts.

I forgot I got a few upgrades back in the day. I remember I could not afford a Terminator barrel, so I got this one. I don't remember the brand. I also got a venturi bolt, and this Valve. I can't remember what advantage this valve is supposed to have over the stock.? It is odd, the bottom has a large cutout instead of just a hole for the set screw. If I remember right the little hole is suppose to be at top to allow the gun to recock. It is odd because the way this valve is setup, that means it has the ability to slide left and right a bit even with the set screw in place. Does anyone know the for certain the orientation of this specific Vavle?

Also, if I remember right, last time I used it 15 or so years ago it was having an issue with not being able to recock, it would just make a fart noise. The hammer would not cock back and would just keep going until the tank was removed. I am guessing from what I have read, either valve, hammer, or sear.
Here are some pics of everything.

Below are hi res pics of everything.

Thank for any help.

CompTrekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 03:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Pictures aren't working for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Pics

Dang for some reason the pictures show sometimes but not others. I shared the album on google pics. here is the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/r7fMYsEmGNZsJfLY6
Old 10-09-2019, 06:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Class Clown

In the photos the valve almost looks painted. I can't recall the maker.

The bolt has the same look as a Pro Line Star fire bolt.

My feedback
scottieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

The valve needs to be installed with the cutout facing UP, not down. The recock hole does not need to be oriented in a particular spot to work.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
The valve needs to be installed with the cutout facing UP, not down. The recock hole does not need to be oriented in a particular spot to work.
I wondered about that. That made more sense. I just thought back in the day I remember the recock hole needed to be on top for some reason. Do you know what the larger cut on top achieves?
Old 10-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompTrekkie View Post
I wondered about that. That made more sense. I just thought back in the day I remember the recock hole needed to be on top for some reason. Do you know what the larger cut on top achieves?
Usually it's to help air flow better... it also corrects any potential port mismatch between the valve and body.

I think in practice, it doesn't do much unless the body passageway and bolt allow for better flow, but it's possible it can help without any other supporting mods.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Brass Eagle