mcarterbrown.com  

Old 07-09-2018, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Temporary shop closure until February 2019

TL;DR version...

- My health sucks and I am burning out.

- I need to make changes to my lifestyle.

- I am closing the shop to new business until February 2019.

- I will be completing all promised work, ASAP.

- Stuffy's portion of the business will continue operating, unless he says otherwise.

Now for the long version...

For anyone who has met me, in person, they know I am not a skinny guy. My weight and the associated health problems which go with increased weight and age are beginning to impact my ability to do everyday things. No, this is NOT a heart attack situation... Just a knees/hips/ankle/back/shoulders/hands hurt kinda thing. I have also realized that I wish to place a larger emphasis on family. In order to be of any use to my future wife, and step daughter, I need to be in better shape (Yes, I know spherical is a shape, but not a good shape for living a long and healthy life, as I am not a ball ) In order to continue to be in the lives of my loved ones I have decided to place a new, and much stronger emphasis on getting healthy (well maybe healthier) The lack of "get up and go" has become upsetting. Part of this is mental and part is physical. When I walk past the door to the shop, on the way into or out of the house, I seem to have no draw towards wanting to work in there... The shop used to be my personal retreat from the universe. I could while away hours just working on a project and come out at 2 am, exhausted but happy... Catch a few hours sleep and go to work. These days it seems that not even my personal projects instill the desire to open the doors and turn on the lights. I wonder if I have started to burn out :/

Now that the reasoning has been spelled out... The plan!
  • The shop is closed to new business from now until February 1, 2019. The reopening date might change, and I will announce that information when I figure it out..

• Stuffy will continue the handle and produce the scratch built markers.

• I will be finishing all outstanding work.

• I will not be accepting new work, unless I have already discussed the details, made an agreement and we are simply waiting on something.

• Over the next week or so, I will be making a list of projects owed to people, and getting a schedule together so I can start moving through the backlog in an efficient manner.

The above statements do not affect my warranty. If it breaks because I didn't engineer/make the part right, I will still replace the broken items.

Sorry for any inconvenience. I will still play, hang around the forums, answer questions and give people stupid looks

Thank you to all my patient customers who, over the years, have trusted me with their projects. They brought challenges and victories into my life. These projects have produced some of my finest "art". I have been proud to see some of them on the field.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

I am not longer accepting work. Sorry.

I do not have any tubing for sale, nor will I be restocking. Once more, sorry.

My feedback: MCB - eBay - AO

Last edited by tymcneer; 07-09-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: The and That are not interchangeable words... DOH!
tymcneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
One Foot Less

I wish you the best in your endeavors to find some healthier living. The wife and I are going through that right now. I think counting calories and staying on track has honestly been harder than it was to taper from morphine, no ****.
I have found, that at least for that part, you can darned near eat as many calories as you want a day, so long as you are willing to "work it off"....it's that darned salt, fat, and sugar that is the beast to lose.

IDK what your exercise situation is like, but get into a routine and you will see much of the mental blah part fade away.....after you bust lots of mental *** to get over your mind telling you that you don't want to while you suffer at first.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
President Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Good on ya. Gotta do for you. Get it!
Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
I wish you the best in your endeavors to find some healthier living. The wife and I are going through that right now. I think counting calories and staying on track has honestly been harder than it was to taper from morphine, no ****.
I have found, that at least for that part, you can darned near eat as many calories as you want a day, so long as you are willing to "work it off"....it's that darned salt, fat, and sugar that is the beast to lose.

IDK what your exercise situation is like, but get into a routine and you will see much of the mental blah part fade away.....after you bust lots of mental *** to get over your mind telling you that you don't want to while you suffer at first.
I found that for the last month, getting on the bike and riding 4 miles wasn't too bad, but my energy level when I was done was terrible... Just wanted to sleep. This kinda made me realize I was so far out of shape it was embarrassing.

The current plan involves calorie reduction. I already don't do much salt, and I try to watch the carb intake. Fats are a serious downfall for me, because I like butter, meat, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchicArctic View Post
Good on ya. Gotta do for you. Get it!
Thank you. I am hoping to be out of this level of self inflicted bad situation so I can reopen the shop with new vigor.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Ty, my friend, I am glad to hear you are going to focus on your health! Here's to your triumphant return in 2019--we will announce it with brass trumpets!
spent several years in the industry - don't do it
shoveling horse [$&*!] is a better job
Feedback

CAX

I am "SPARE EDDIE"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I still have a few chrome airhorn trumpets laying around

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

Old 07-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Focusing on yourself is awesome! If you don’t take care yourself first, then you’re not able to take care of your family. I realized that recently and am on a path to better mental and physical heath myself. It can be done. I wish you much success my friend!
nuppydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Closer to home.....

CCM Fan
Take care of yourself, Ty... do you need my contact info? I havenít been around much lately...

My Feedback: Here on MCB BigEvilOnline Automags.org PaintBallNation
Zondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Brass Monkey Customs

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Zondo... yes I will need your contact info, some time in the future.

Ty

Brass Monkey Customs

mcarterbrown.com » Custom » Airsmiths on MCB » Brass Monkey Customs