mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rockin Stock

Fan of EMR
Paintball Fields per capita?

I'm wondering how many fields should/could Ottawa support.
I don't care what fields you play or don't.
I'm more interested in we have X amount of Players/New players per year, this equates to.....how many fields should actually be in business.
I've played a few fields around, I don't agree that all should be in business.
More "quality" then quantity kind of thing.
I've seen unfixed drainage problems. Not a one time thing but every year.
And I don't mean hey there's some puddles. But vast 50plus foot pools that disable movement and control the flow of the game.
Inadequate bunker(s) structurally unsound, nails sticking out. That sort of thing.

I'm not dissing owners/staff. I have/did have 2 Fields that I frequented.
But think that since its a service style industry I expect a certain amount of care. You'd never go to a ball diamond and expect debris on the field or water traps. Am I asking to much? Or is this an unspoken feeling that is lurking in the mids of others?
Gorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Iam not sure how many fields we have in Ottawa

Marked,
Tactik
Commando
JTs Frontline
Paintstorm
OXP

any more?
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mar
Chicken of the cave

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar View Post
Iam not sure how many fields we have in Ottawa

Marked,
Tactik
Commando
JTs Frontline
Paintstorm
OXP

any more?

Hoppers (Almonte)
Carnage (embrun)

EDIT: I feel the same way Gorr, even about our field. We have busted our butts, however the task is huge and we have so little volunteer force it is brutal... just when we made all this progress (Two new fields, giant army base) it is all undone. We still have bunkers on our other fields that need fixing up, holes patched, need to be made taller, need more bunkers added, downfall that came down this winter, holes in the ground to fill with mulch to prevent pooling of water etc....

I want OXP to be like a golf course: well manicured and enjoyable. We even spent 6 SIX weekends RAKING the fields before we originally opened...

I am hoping that between MCB and OXP we can get enough people out, to really clean her up, construct a new village and have a good time.

Ottawa has too many fields, and too much animosity between them... it is almost enough to drive a guy to quit playing.

Last edited by Mar; 04-04-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
... it is almost enough to drive a guy to quit playing.
Easy big fella, just remember the late, great John Lennon's famous line "I get by with a little help from my friends"... We can all pull together and make something great out of the current situation.

I admit that I have been splitting my time between two different fields - one, because I really appreciate the people and how things are managed and the other, because of, among other things, its proximity to home. I have yet to try out any of the fields on the Gatineau side of the river but would be willing to do so.

Honestly, I can't see the NCR supporting more than three or four fields provided that they are well managed and maintained to a reasonable level - this must include things like staging areas, store/shop facilities and, above all, on-field control (referees).

If I had to pick a standard for Canadian paintball fields to measure up to it would be TNT Paintball in Victoria, BC. If there were three fields like that in this area (Gatineau, West of Ottawa and East of Ottawa) everybody would be satisfied.

That's enough of a rant for now - I don't want to hijack this thread too much...

Canuck

Featuring Death: Bringing Honour to the Paintball Field

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
old but still playing

Send a message via MSN to Ranger 53

We have 2 indoor field and 5 out door field that are with in driveing distance of Calgary. 2 of these field I have never played on so can't say anything about them but the other 3 are Farly well played. Olds has another one up there but From Okotoks it is a bit of a drive to go play it.
Ranger 53 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Canada