mcarterbrown.com  

Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Ontairo pump tournaments ?

Hey All, just curious if anyone knows of any pump tournaments being held this summer in Ontario. Have Pyre, will travel. Thanks Guy's.

Team Endeavour
O.P.S. Ottawa Paintball Supplies
2130 ROBERTSON ROAD.
Bells Corners, ON.
613-244-1645
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hmm..

I think EB in Toronto is holding one soonish. Check out the pump section in the tdotballers forum.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

this is true, my team is working with the owners to get one going, an estimated date is june 27th (canada day long weekend) starting around 5 pm

also, was talking to the roughnecks (team out of barrie) and they were saying how they wanted to get there local field to run a tourny....i cant speak for them though, so hopefully dadgamar see's this thread and gives some insight into that

and lastly, there was rumour of wasaga hosting an event near the end of summer at there outdoor field, once again, cant speak for them but its what i have heard
speedy kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Nigel and Speedy kthy, I sure hope there's something in the near future. If any of you fine gentlemen are going to Spring Castle please stop by at our campsite for a visit, cause we'll also be setting up our booth for our pb wear " Deadbox before Dishonor " and it'll give us a change to talk about...you guess it "Pump's". Not to worry, I'll have Mar on a short leash...oh crap, I forgot. He likes to wear collars.

Team Endeavour
O.P.S. Ottawa Paintball Supplies
2130 ROBERTSON ROAD.
Bells Corners, ON.
613-244-1645
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eh?

Talked to Rob who is running the outdoor turf field at Barrie and he is in for hosting a pump tourny, date unknown, probably late August. I also heard of Wasaga doing one later this year, this was back at the last pump tourny though, been a couple months since then.

Edit: Speedy let me know about that EB Tourny, I can't stand tdotballers. :P
Might have enough guys for 2 teams, 3 if I can find some more pumps for people.
RoughNecks 'Dagman' #4
MCB Feedback
Dagdamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Where is EB? I assume it's in or near Toronto. I wish some field in the Hamilton area would host a pump tourney.
Reality Compromised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
Where is EB? I assume it's in or near Toronto. I wish some field in the Hamilton area would host a pump tourney.
oddly enough its on the west side of toronto, basically in mississauga (on dundas about 2 minutes after exiting the 427) im assuming its about 45 minutes to an hour away from hamilton
speedy kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Compromised View Post
Really all you need to do is talk to the field you go too. It shouldnt be any harder than saying you want a field for a private group. Snowzone and I were talking about this down in Illinois, and we think we really need to just simplify our ideas for the pump tourneys around here. Rent the field, pay regular admission, if you can get a deal from the field great, if not, oh well. Then just play. Have like a 5$ buy in per person, winning team takes all.

Something like that. I'm sure if you really wanted too you could talk Cameron Speedway or Soldier of Fortune into it (i think they are in Hamilton?)

Oh, and as for getting to EB from hamilton for you, its real easy. Just head up QEW, and get off at West Mall/ Evans Ave. Go down West Mall until you get to Dundas st, turn right. When you get to the Jaguar dealership on your right, turn right. The field is a few streets down from there, the street sign is a lil hard to see, but its not a long road.
gunman_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Smurfs, Gotta Love Them

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
There is also Flag raiders field too. I remember hearing a few years back they were talking about doing pump divisions. I'm not sure if there was the interest though. I'll see what I can find out though

Proud member of The Peacekeepers & UMSG JTF7
KoolKat's Feedback
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hmm..

^ That would be cool. I'm sure there will be plenty more interest now with the rise in pump play.
Nigel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Canada