mcarterbrown.com  

Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

I picked up a nice little set of 10 ball headed at canadian tire, also picked up 8oz of "air tool oil" for 3 loonies! score.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

if you want true quality hex wrenches you need to look into the R/C industry. i'm talking about small sizes only though... like 3/32" and smaller. screws that use those sizes are easily stripped when you use a wrench from a set from Lowes, Bondhus, or whoever...

the ones used in the R/C industry are precision ground from tool steel and fit the screw heads much better and if your looking for wrenches in sizes 3/32" and less you need to look into them. they work wonderful and i won't work on something without them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Tesko Send a message via MSN to Tesko

Quote:
Originally Posted by c6quad View Post
if you want true quality hex wrenches you need to look into the R/C industry. i'm talking about small sizes only though... like 3/32" and smaller. screws that use those sizes are easily stripped when you use a wrench from a set from Lowes, Bondhus, or whoever...

the ones used in the R/C industry are precision ground from tool steel and fit the screw heads much better and if your looking for wrenches in sizes 3/32" and less you need to look into them. they work wonderful and i won't work on something without them.
Naw, that's just overkill. Eklind and Bondhus are both good quality brands I use, you'll only strip a screw head if you have monkey arms and ostrich brains.

For everything Cocker & Sniper Related and then some - Custom Cockers
Tesko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesko View Post
Naw, that's just overkill. Eklind and Bondhus are both good quality brands I use, you'll only strip a screw head if you have monkey arms and ostrich brains.
those brands aren't bad when it comes to using the larger sizes but they suck when it comes to smaller sizes. i've used them all. there is no comparison between those brands and the brands used in the R/C industry. the brands in the R/C industry are far, far, far superior when working with smaller sizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSA View Post
Ok choochie, the duck is not troubled, it's dated. The technology is old, it's like 8mm stop motion film reels, nothing will ever replace them, they are nostalgic one of a kind but for today's youth the expectations are CGI.
my feedback
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Canada