mcarterbrown.com  

Carter Machine Carter Buzzards, Comps, Mini Comps, Ducks and more!

Old 05-18-2019, 09:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Send a message via AIM to Ghost334

MiniComp failed me today

I stepped onto the field for the first time in 3 years today.

When I arrived I surreptitiously withdrew the MiniComp from the gear bag reaching over the Phantom. I had tested both markers the evening prior. I did not chrono, but both seemed "right."

After a few gun fights of battling fog on my mask more than the opposing team, the dew began to lift and I could clearly see my terrain and enemies once more.

I snuck behind enemy lines. I was unnoticed. In my element once again. I was hidden at the re-entry point for team blue. USMC had it coming and they didn't have a clue. Tanks drove by. Refs walked by. At one point I even drew friendly fire.

I waited. Unbeknownst to me, I soon had an enemy anti-tank gunner in my sights. I fired several ineffective rounds. Then, another enemy combatant came into sight. I fired and 2 hits landed. Both were bounces.

A fire fight ensued. "It" fired dozens of rounds. I lifted from my position and fired once. Reloaded. Lifted and fired again. All shots ineffective. I soon took a shot to the left shoulder.

My day was over.

I had previously dumped a 12ie after about 20 shots and I believe this is where the problem began. At the chrono I clocked 160 fps. I have stripped the marker completely and found a piece of o-ring in one of the two port holes in the BBA. There was also a piece of o-ring in one of the holes of the venturi bolt.

Lesson learned. Take after the paint-wasters and fire a shot or two before the match to ensure proper function of your gun.

Old 05-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Nice looking Mini Comp!

www.okcompanypaintball.com

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
scphantom9195 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

I got a few compliments on it. I actually had more comments about my plain Jane Phantom.

One day I’ll post photos of the whole MiniComp package.

Last edited by Ghost334; 05-19-2019 at 05:08 AM.
Ghost334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

In case I may have misread this, did you play with a marker that you didn’t chrono before shooting it at people?

Beautiful comp btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Ah I apologize. I initially chrono’d in the morning at 260 then the 160 after the failure. I still can’t pin down what happened. I went through both guns and oiled and inspected everything since they haven’t been aired up in several years.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

That’s such a bummer. I can imagine the frustration you would’ve felt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
SC Ambassador

Guns eventually go down. Machines fail. I should’ve replaced O-rings when I took em out of storage.

2 frustrating parts though. 1) rocket man said, “I’m not supposed to do this but I will F you up.” I should’ve been able to tag him then. And the shots bouncing off his buddy. 2) I had put the VSC kit on (incorrectly, I bent the hardline) the Phantom the night before and foolishly left the BBA at home. Had I just brought the BBA with me I would’ve continued the day and hunted down rocket man.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » Carter Machine