mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 02-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I actually considered doing this to my Phantom but this thread gave me the kick in the pants I needed to actually do it. I had just recently rebuilt a spare Stabilizer I had lying around and figured "what the hell". So, here we are all Palmered up and ready to go. Now I just need to wait for the weather to improve before I can hit the field again to conduct some real world testing.

One question though, for those of you who have done this so far, what PSI do you set your Stabilizer to? I understand that the sweet spot shifts around based on temperature, air source, etc. But does anyone have a good average starting point yet?

Old 05-21-2014, 05:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Alright guys, got mine in the post today and found when attaching to my phantom that as the part for the valve elbow is closer to the powertube, the stock hardline appears too long. Am I missing something? As there is no difference between my stab and the one in the pics.

Cheers!
Phrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
You have to cut down your hardline .
tedaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Whats the best way without putting a kink/burr on the edge? Simple hacksaw and file job?

Cheers mate
Old 05-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I used a mini pipe cutter from the hardware store.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #26 (permalink)

Ok brilliant pal, will pick one up tomorrow.

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

I can't speak to whether a PPS Phantom stab will fit perfectly with a hardline because I don't normally run hardlines on my Phantoms. I favor SS braided line and a quick disconnect over a hardline as it makes for easier disassembly, as well as a greater flexibility when it comes to reconfiguring air lines.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #28 (permalink)
Nerd

I've been thinking about one of these. Any chance someone could snap a picture with either the CCI 10 round feed, the CCI 15 round feed, or Duckslide feed, so I can gauge the length? Or just measure from the end of the body to the end of the valve/reg, either way.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Selling a PPS Pug? I might be buying. PM me.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
I can't speak to whether a PPS Phantom stab will fit perfectly with a hardline because I don't normally run hardlines on my Phantoms. I favor SS braided line and a quick disconnect over a hardline as it makes for easier disassembly, as well as a greater flexibility when it comes to reconfiguring air lines.
But hard line looks bad *** !
Old 05-22-2014, 12:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
I've been thinking about one of these. Any chance someone could snap a picture with either the CCI 10 round feed, the CCI 15 round feed, or Duckslide feed, so I can gauge the length? Or just measure from the end of the body to the end of the valve/reg, either way.
The PPS Phantom stabilizer measures 5.125" (5 1/8") from the end of the Phantom body to the end of the stab.

Here are a couple of quick pics of a spare stab and micro Phantom that I had laying around so you can see what it looks like with a 10-round feed tube...

Name:  PPS_Stab_01.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  172.9 KB
Name:  PPS_Stab_02.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  180.6 KB

Basically, it's just a tad longer than a drop out changer, which measure 4 3/4" long (from Phantom body to end of the changer).

BTW, just to clear up any confusion, this is not a PPS Phantom stabilizer...

Name:  stab.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  72.5 KB

It a PPS male stab screwed into a CCI back bottle adapter (BBA), which I think is a decent alternative to the PPS Phantom stab. Financially, it's not that much of a savings when you're talking about new parts. The PPS Phantom stab is $145 new, while the PPS male stab is $105 new. Add the cost of a new CCI BBA - $19, and you're only saving $20 bucks. However, it does get the stab pointed downward, away from the feed tube cap, which would be good for any clearance issues. It also looks a lot cleaner as opposed to the sideline stab, which looks awkward and cumbersome, not to mention more of a PITA when it comes to tearing down the gun.

I know I promised to do some testing this spring, and I still plan on that. Just need to find the time. I did do some undocumented tuning, and was quite pleased at the consistency I was seeing (around 38 shots all within 10 to 15 FPS). Of course, the biggest factor is good paint - an issue I've been struggling with for the past two years. Stay tuned...

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI