mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 06-15-2016, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislognshot View Post
when people started to come out with undercocking kits for phantom. what did mike do go and make best undercocking you need.
I liked Wevo's metal pump handled undercocking kit better than the new (delrin?) ones. It was slightly larger and the weighting made the Phantom balance better for me.
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rathbaster View Post
I liked Wevo's metal pump handled undercocking kit better than the new (delrin?) ones. It was slightly larger and the weighting made the Phantom balance better for me.
And that first generation cci undercocking kit left a lot to be desired.
But Mike does deserve the highest paise. He is a gentleman, a philosopher, and a paintball sensei.
Old 06-16-2016, 07:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
Villiage Idiot

Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathbaster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
And that first generation cci undercocking kit left a lot to be desired.
But Mike does deserve the highest paise. He is a gentleman, a philosopher, and a paintball sensei.
Mike actually made the undercocking kits for Wevo. He started selling them after years of no contact from Wevo just to get rid of the stock. When the stock was gone he made more.
Since this thread started with boobs what are we supposed to derail it with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Someone ban that painthappy dude
Stock class = 12grams and a stick feed. End discussion.
Greenmtnphantom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmtnphantom View Post
Mike actually made the undercocking kits for Wevo. He started selling them after years of no contact from Wevo just to get rid of the stock. When the stock was gone he made more.
Hmmmm....I wonder if he has any of the old metal pump handles in a box somewhere? I suspect it's doubtful since Wevo had gone over to delrin by the end of his store.
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:12 PM   #15 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Originally, Mike used a standard 'open face' velocity adjuster and full length powertube. As paint became more brittle, though, he switched to the TPC design, which necessitated a shorter powertube.

You can use a longer powertube on the Phantom, but you'll need to drill a hole through the front of the TPC for it. Which is exactly what I did for the 'ported' TPCs - lopped off the front, drilled, hex broached, then re-plated. But since Mike stopped making the 'old style' long powertubes, demand for the ported TPCs pretty much evaporated.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Space Monkey 615 !!!

Kilt Club
A Lapco #6P Powertube can be used in a CCI Phantom but you will have to do some work. First you will have to order a Lapco #6P Powertube, Lapco Delrin Cupseal and CCI Spring Kit from Have Blue at ASP (Air Soldier Products). Once you get all the parts in you will have to set the CCI Powertube and the Lapco Powertube side by side and mark the Lapco one to the correct length and cut using a small pipe cutter (you can get at Lowes or Home Depot). Now using a Jewlers rat tail file you will need to chamfer the inside of the cut power tube. Next will will need to take the CCI Valve Spring and Lay it next to the CCI Silver Main spring and mark and cut the Silver Main Spring to the same length as the Valve Spring ( you will now use the cut Main spring as your new Valve Spring to fit over the end nub of the Lapco Delrin Cupseal). Make sure you use a file on the cut spring to get rid of any sharp edges. Put it all back together using your original CCI Bolt and Hammer and you are ready to rock 'n roll. I have done this with every CCI / Line SI Bushmaster / Nelson based marker I have ever owned. I like using the Lapco #6P because it has a stronger shoulder and back screw with the largest rear openings than any other powertube out there. Plus I like using the Lapco Delrin Cupseal because it will not dry rot and have the seal fall out at the wrong time. All my Valve Springs are cut down CCI Silver Main Spring in all my Nelson Based Markers while using a CCI Red Main Springs in between the Bolts and Hammers.

Links for Parts :
Lapco #6P Powertube : ASP Online Store: Lapco Powertubes

Lapco Delrin Cupseal : ASP Online Store: Lapco Cupseals

CCI Spring Kit : ASP Online Store: CCI Phantom Spring and Seal Kit

Pictures from when I did this mode for my project DuckSlide :
Lapco #6P in the Valve and CCI Powertube in the background

Showing the Lapco #6P in the Valve and the CCI POwertube and Cupseal sitting on the Bench

Project DuckSlide (Old CCI Hammer sitting on the Bench with a ASP Slotted Hammer inside the Marker) :

Picture showing a CCI Silver Mainspring cut down to use with a Lapco Delrin Cupseal :

I hope this helps.
WickedKlown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm assuming you need to use the Grey Ghost cupseals with the Lapco 6P?
BubbleHead87 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI