mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 01-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
Lol, force feed on a Phantom.
I borrowed a phantom to use at a pump pistol event once (before I owned any pumps and my TiPX wasn't working). He had it set up open class with a 68/45 and a pico hopper
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

My 2 cents,

Detent rings can work well but only with good paint. They eat the cheap stuff and all you will shoot is soup.

CBore is awesome

ASP mod is awesome

You can prevent double feeds with a full and fast pump stroke.

For carrying 10 round tubes I love the WTF Gauntlet and the PB Mafia Joyride. Joyride is good for an all day load out and Gauntlet is perfect for a few short games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
My 2 cents...
I think we have a winner. Your 2 cents are well spent. I competently agree.

Everyone seems to like the gauntlet and joyride. I guess that answers that.

What is C-bore exactly?

68/45 on a Phantom? What? It's like putting a roof rack and a trailer on a Mazda Miata... kinda counter intuitive.

Boring out pump handle - 3/4 hole drill with sand paper? Genius! This is the exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Law
Where's Tug Contest Winner

C-bore is just the stock phantom barrel freak bored by Mike. I switched from the detent rings to C-bore a while back, and its been amazing, all of my breaking problems stopped. Accuracy was great with both.

I had played a few games with an iFit kit on my cocker a while back, and loved it too, I imagine the phantom one is just as good, although it seems like it would be easier to deal with changing the inserts using an undercooking kit.
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Funny, I assumed c- bore had something to do with the shape of the inside of the bore.

On a different note, I finally got to give it the once over. Does anyone recognize this spring? I haven't chrono'd yet and want to get a sense of what I should do if I'm shooting way low.
Attached Images

Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Stock valve spring. Main springs are cheap from CCI. They come in blue (week), silver (medium) and red (strong). It's a good idea to have one of each but 99% of the time you will most likely use the stock silver springs. I do have one Phantom that seems to need the blue and one that usually needs red, can't explain it, my other four almost always run stock springs. If your velocity is low turn in your TPC, if it hits the point it won't cock and your velocity is still low go up a spring. Also if your paint barrel match is off (paint can roll out the barrel) you will have low and often inconsistent velocity.

Old 01-26-2017, 12:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot View Post
For carrying 10 round tubes I love the WTF Gauntlet and the PB Mafia Joyride. Joyride is good for an all day load out and Gauntlet is perfect for a few short games.
The one time I tried on the WTF Gauntlet I found the finger loops to be uncomfortable, so I bought the PBMafia High Five instead (in digi camo green, capless). Thinking of picking up the leg harness as well.
High 5
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 07:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Good call on going capless! One of the best things I've done was getting rid of the caps. Sure sometimes I spill a couple but it's totally worth it.

Old 01-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #29 (permalink)

Longer control bore won't help accuracy/precision much. But I want to believe it helps efficiency, so I can justify buying 10" LAPCO BSA's in various bores and threads and slap on HH barrels as a tip.

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
To answer your question the C-bore is a Stock CCI barrel that is manufactured without a Oring groove on the threads and bored for freak incerts straight from CCI. Before Mike started producing them people would bore his barrel for freak incerts as a mod. This would weeken the integerty of the barrel due to the o ring groove being very thin after boring. When Mike reproduced the barrels he did not cut this groove to keep the phantom barrel stronger at the same time accept freak incerts. AKA the C-bore.

Some compineys like Paintball Gateway did the same with the Dye barrels (cut the groove off rethread and bore for incerts). I use a Dye barrel that is "C-bored" it's an awesome barrel. Some people just bore for incerts and as long as you don't go tap dancing on it it's fine. ( I have one it works fine ) this option is good if you have a fancy Ano you want to match.

If your ordering a barrel or new marker from CCI I can't think of a good reason not to get a C-bore barrel they are cheap and work great!

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 01-27-2017 at 11:27 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI