mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 04-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

not sure if this was brought up or not. but finding sweet spot on sniper is why some people went to phantom. since not many people like having to find sweet spot so guns shoots great.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
For you guys who've made the switch to phantom from snipers, how did you relearn your aim? I don't know how many rounds I've shot from a pgp or other three stacked brass but it's a ton. I just point and shoot now and the ball goes mostly where I need it. With the phantom, I shot high all the time and never could hit consistently with it. I spent about a case and a half trying to learn it and wound up wrecking my Sheridan accuracy in the process. I want to join the club, but I felt like Tiger Woods trying to relearn his swing with my last phantom.

I've got a Revolution coming my way so I'll see how I shoot with that.

Try a sight. I run sights on all my stock class, even my PGP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
For you guys who've made the switch to phantom from snipers, how did you relearn your aim? I don't know how many rounds I've shot from a pgp or other three stacked brass but it's a ton. I just point and shoot now and the ball goes mostly where I need it. With the phantom, I shot high all the time and never could hit consistently with it. I spent about a case and a half trying to learn it and wound up wrecking my Sheridan accuracy in the process. I want to join the club, but I felt like Tiger Woods trying to relearn his swing with my last phantom.

I've got a Revolution coming my way so I'll see how I shoot with that.
Hahahaha I got a phantom after talking to you and watching your videos. 4000 shots later, 200 12 grams and 4 days of play and I really like it. Huge learning curve tho. It was painful lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:16 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I prefer my sniper based gun (ANS GX4) for open class pump play and my phantom for stock class play.
My phantom has a ghost ring sight on it.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
I don't use sights. I just prefer to point and shoot. During heated battles there isn't time to aim so it's all muscle memory. Since mine is trained for how a Sheridan shoots, it requires a complete re-learning of the ballistic solution in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappadapink View Post
Hahahaha I got a phantom after talking to you and watching your videos. 4000 shots later, 200 12 grams and 4 days of play and I really like it. Huge learning curve tho. It was painful lol
I had a VSC one with a t-stock as my first stock class gun and shot great with that. Over the years I went to pistol based sheridans and cemented my shot picture. It's hard to retrain!

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:21 PM   #36 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I agree, in heated battles you don't have time to aim. I shoot mostly my pgp with a stock and my phantom with a stock. The biggest thing for me to remember is rocking forward or backwards depending on what I am playing with.

You ever try a pink golf ball, Wally? Why, the wind shear alone on a pink golf ball can take the head off a 90-pound midget at over 300 yards.-Six String Samurai.
Psicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
MCB Member

Prefer Phantom Over Sniper?

That's great if you can hit without aiming. If you practice with a sight it won't slow you down. Sometimes it's better to slow down. When we speak of speed in combat we are really referring to timing. But I agree when things are up close it often turns into point and shoot. One technique that speeds up my snap shooting is I'm already aiming at where I think my target is before I'm coming out of cover. If I know my target is there I'm pulling my trigger before I break cover. As soon as my sight is on target the trigger breaks and I'm back in cover and don't see my hit/miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:53 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
I don't use sights.
+1

I've seen videos. It's true.
Manning, bring back the golden gun. I want to see more of the skills and super sexy marker I will never possess. You and that pistol are deadly.

Fanboy moment compete. Now back to your regularly scheduled debate.
Bang*Bang** is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM   #39 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Hahaha! Thanks for that. Sad to report the golden gun is kaput at the moment. First the hammer needed replacing since I wore the spot where the bolt lug hits it down to the point where she wouldn't cock. Now she sprung a leak in the airline and when I went to tighten the bolt that holds it on it stripped out the hole in the body. I've paged Dr. Walz to see if he can retap it and save her.

Thanks for watching though and I'll have more vids up in the coming days but that illustrates my point. Snap shooting and quick point/shoot is my game and if I can't do that it makes for a frustrating day. I'm fine taking my lumps to learn, but it took me a long time to still suck with the phantom before I sold it.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #40 (permalink)
MCB Member

Saw the video you just posted. Mmm mmm, that's some sassy brass. 3 min 56 seconds of awesome.

Yes, my fanboy-ism has no shame.

I get that it's muscle memory and years of experience, but can you speak a bit about what it is your sight picturing to hit those shots? Especially long range? Is there a frame of reference you use or distance you recognize to get those hits?

Please explain the intricacies of breathing air to this fish.
Bang*Bang** is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI