mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

So...is Dirtyworks.com the new home of CCI parts?

Second Edit: NO. Doesn’t look like Dirtyworks plays any role with future parts.
I thought I saw some interesting coincidences, given the their recent postings highlighting that they were greatly expanding their parts inventory of additional manufacturers.
I called DW today to buy their last Phantom frame and SC body, and when I asked if they planned to restock Phantom parts, it almost seemed that they weren’t even aware of Mike’s retirement and very low inventory still available in general from CCI.

Edit: I think Slim’s sentiments sum it up nicely, and I kind of feel bad for asking the question, so I’m closing the thread for now.

Let’s let Mike have the last word...he has earned it.

Original post:
It looks like Dirtyworks/Oregon Paintball finally relaunched there website today and now list some CCI Phantom parts.

With the timing of Dirtyworks’ long delayed relaunch of their website set for the first day of SuperGame and the expected announcement by Mike as to who was taking over the parts business this weekend also, I have had my money on Dirtyworks for a few days now.

Any official word yet from SuperGame?

Last edited by Mechstar; 05-07-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blegh

Dang I certainly hope not. Their reputation is worse than ansgear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
Old 05-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

I was secretly hoping for ASP, Paintballgateway, or Slim.....but I think the chances are low.

I guess the name doesn’t matter. What is important is knowing what new parts will actually be made/restocked. I don’t expect EVERYTHING to be carried, but the frenzy during the “Part Apocalypse” has been partly driven by not knowing what exact parts will be available in the future.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Addicted to MCB

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
The man's name that is being passed the torch is Brian....that is all I know.
Old 05-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechstar View Post
I was secretly hoping for ASP, Paintballgateway, or Slim.....but I think the chances are low.

I guess the name doesn’t matter. What is important is knowing what new parts will actually be made/restocked. I don’t expect EVERYTHING to be carried, but the frenzy during the “Part Apocalypse” has been partly driven by not knowing what exact parts will be available in the future.
Unfortunately, as much as I may have wanted to, I will not be taking the reigns from Mike. I have purchased as much of his inventory as I could, and at this point know there is very little left for him to sell off.

Ultimately the investment it would require to keep CCI going the same way it operates now for anyone other than Mike is going to be completely cost prohibitive. This is why some of the parts from his existing catalog will no longer be produced, and why the parts that will continue to be produced may cost more than they do now. It’s important to note that Mike has not increased the pricing on any of his parts or guns in many years - a fact that he is often quick to point out. While he has taken a loss on something’s due to this, he has also compensated for it from efficient advances made in the production process and by making huge production runs.

At this point it’s pointless to speculate on who the new vendor will be. I’m respecting Mike’s prerogative to make the announcement himself when he’s ready.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

Get awesome Paintball Veteran 10-Year Patches HERE

Check out the Stock-Class HQ on Facebook HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

My Feedback
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI