mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 05-16-2019, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Final CCI Phantom serial numbers Sold when Mike retired

So I want to record the last serial numbers sold under original ownership of CCI so we can log the changeover from Mike to Extreme Velocity.

This way we can identify the "original" phantoms for nostalgia sake.

If you are one of the first to buy phantoms/parts under the new ownership, please post the serial numbers here too

Last purchases under Mikes Ownership:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowagonman View Post
Last Custom Anodized Phantom, #41011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathbaster View Post
I purchased a frame only on April 10,2019 from Mike. SN 40997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue64 View Post
I got all my parts from mike at supergame, which I’ll post a picture of later when I get home to do so. But my frame number is 41013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funsi00 View Post
Silver anno frame number 41015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
The serial numbers for the frames with the custom laser engraving are:

Trigger frame SNs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Have Blue View Post
I spoke with Mike a few weeks ago and asked him what the final serial number is. He said that the very last CCI manufactured Phantom is frame #41033.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post
I got the last factory ano'd phantom sold, green and purple. Serial number 40899
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyyMarket1978 View Post
i picked up 41004 at Super Game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyr8 View Post
I have 41032.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240SX View Post
Our local paintball clan had a large group order done (25+ markers) and Mike laser engraved our clan logo on each marker, plus the owners name on the back of the trigger frame. Man they look amazing. My serial number is #40949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadshot Matt View Post
41033 is the last one of CCI trigger frames I held it and it went to Mary Casady Mikes wife after I decided not to buy it on Thursday before Supergame. I had stopped ay CCI on my way to game. Mike told me Sat at SG Mary said she wanted it. So 41032 is the last one sold.

New purchases under Extreme Velocity ownership:

Last edited by paintzapper; 06-05-2019 at 06:39 AM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ole' Papa Pump

Last Custom Anodized Phantom, #41011

Started with a Splatmaster, moved onto a Nelspot 007, then came the Autocockers, then a STERLING Pump, next was a Bob Long defiant then a PM7. As of now I have 8 Sterling Pumps, 4 Phantoms, 4 PGP's, a P68SC, 2 Trracres, a 2K+ Sniper, 2 Nelspot 007's, a Bushmaster and a Carter Buzzard

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
turbowagonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Paintball Player

CCI Phantom Fan
I purchased a frame only on April 10,2019 from Mike. SN 40997

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Law
MCB Member

Dumb question, does this mean there were about 41,000 markers made?
Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Squirrely Scavenger

Still not anodized, so most of them are in the raw. I got all my parts from mike at supergame, which I’ll post a picture of later when I get home to do so. But my frame number is 41013.
Old 05-16-2019, 11:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Silver anno frame number 41015
Old 05-17-2019, 12:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Final CCI Phantom serial numbers Sold when Mike retired

Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be a need to identify post CCI trigger frames, because there is little chance there will ever be any more made.
All communications I have had with Mike, and multiple postings by others lead me to believe that the trigger frame is the one part that would require a VERY large investment to continue to provide, and is NOT in the plan going forward. Hence the reason why Mike has stated that there will not be any more complete markers made...just “parts” (and we are all waiting to see what parts will actually be restocked. Some others are probably gone for good also).
I think future “new” frames will be professionally 3d printed ones like the one piece trigger/grip frames Pumpsendicate is working on.
Let’s hope Brian at Extreme Velocity can make it pencil out to eventually make some. If so they certainly won’t be $50.

Last edited by Mechstar; 05-17-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Mechstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Bought new, May 2018 - Serial# 40862
Attached Images

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 05-22-2019 at 03:09 AM.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechstar View Post
Unfortunately, I don’t think there will be a need to identify post CCI trigger frames, because there is little chance there will ever be any more made.
All communications I have had with Mike, and multiple postings by others lead me to believe that the trigger frame is the one part that would require a VERY large investment to continue to provide, and is NOT in the plan going forward. Hence the reason why Mike has stated that there will not be any more complete markers made...just “parts” (and we are all waiting to see what parts will actually be restocked. Some others are probably gone for good also).
I think future “new” frames will be professionally 3d printed ones like the one piece trigger/grip frames Pumpsendicate is working on.
Let’s hope Brian at Extreme Velocity can make it pencil out to eventually make some. If so they certainly won’t be $50.
It's important to remember that Mike isn't telling his customers everything that is going on behind the scenes, and exactly what the new owner is going to do is still being figured out. Not even CCI dealers are privy to specific details. At one point earlier Mike did state he did not believe whoever was taking over the sales of CCI would be producing the more costly-to-produce parts like trigger frames, bodies, barrels, etc. Because of this he also said that it was unlikely any new guns would be produced. However, after more talks with the new owner Mike has since said (I spoke with him right after he returned from Supergame) that the new owner is CONSIDERING producing the more costly parts, and that new guns MAY be produced. Mike wasn't being intentionally dodgy. It's just far too early in the transition for either him or the new owner to know what will inevitably happen - especially in regards to production runs that will require a significant financial investment.

I haven't mentioned any of this because any speculation at this juncture is pointless. I will agree that the prices for parts (and for any guns that MAY be produced) will all be higher than they have been as it would be unrealistic to expect otherwise.

I also agree that this is a perfect time for anyone with 3D printing capabilities to begin experimenting their own Phantom-based designs (providing there isn't any patent/trademark infringement going on - CCI holds the patent on the Phantom btw). As I have always considered the Phantom to be the "Lego System" of paintball guns, the sky is the limit for creating some cool, new features for it - as we have already seen to a degree.

With all that said, I think a thread for the SNs will be entertaining for all us Phantom nerds.

And now...

In the end of March I received 3 brand new Phantoms. I also picked up two of the last trigger frames he had. Mike did me a favor and did some custom laser engraving on the 3 Phantoms that feature the "Phantom player" illustration I did for my stock-class t-shirts and subsequently my Spring Stock Classic events...

Name:  Custom_detail.jpg
Views: 455
Size:  146.9 KB
(all of the dust is from the foam inside the box)

The serial numbers for the frames with the custom laser engraving are:

One of these will be raffled off at the next Stocktoberfest event in September! I'll probably be keeping the other two - I've already converted one into a sweet "Hawaiian-style" set up for my son. Of course if someone wants to throw an obscene amount of cash at me, then my son can go use a slingshot. LOL!

Trigger frame SNs:

The two trigger frames are being turned into the last brand new custom Phantoms I will build from the original CCI. Currently, I'm thinking a VSC set up with a gauged valve body, CCI regulator and Micro CA to create the ultimate stock-class set up. I might try it with right hand offset bodies. Everything except the Micro CA will be brand new from the factory. Both will be up for grabs, but not for a while as I still need a few more non-CCI parts.

OK, enough fooling around. I have to go prep for the big game this weekend!

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

Get awesome Paintball Veteran 10-Year Patches HERE

Check out the Stock-Class HQ on Facebook HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

I spoke with Mike a few weeks ago and asked him what the final serial number is. He said that the very last CCI manufactured Phantom is frame #41033.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI