mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 06-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
VP Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
These are all great signs for us Phantom fans. I can't wait to see the first round of markers that are offered up.
NONOBLITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 09:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Paintball Player

CCI Phantom Fan
They updated Phantomonline to indicate future availability of undercocking kits and 1 piece feeds.

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

I see a number of parts have been doubled or tripled in price (especially the small stuff) i'm sure its par for the course for a company take over but a little bit of a bummer.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
I see a number of parts have been doubled or tripled in price (especially the small stuff) i'm sure its par for the course for a company take over but a little bit of a bummer.
Yep, we all had to expect this. In addition to Extreme trying to recoup their initial investment buying out CCI, they need to invest even more to have new parts made. I can't even imagine how much capital they're throwing at this venture to keep it going. It's also important to remember that Mike has not raised the prices of his parts or guns for YEARS. He has told me countless times how many years, but I can't remember now. Probably over a decade. Suffice it to say, it's been a long time. There is no way prices could have remained as they were. Unfortunately, I have no doubt that the new Phantoms will be no where near the price they once were either. The good news is that there are still new parts and guns in the works.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

Get awesome Paintball Veteran 10-Year Patches HERE

Check out the Stock-Class HQ on Facebook HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

My Feedback
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Stock class SPAM

Got a bunch of parts from them recently. Shipped fast! Glad to know I can still get things I forgot to order before the stock got wiped before.
808Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
VP Ragnastock

CCI Phantom Fan
Yea , I am fine with a price jump. I agree Slim that its just good that we will still have new product.
NONOBLITUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have nothing but PRAISE for Extreme Velocity so far.
Communication has been great. They have been very accepting of suggestions, and surprisingly forthright in answering questions about the “Plan” (which is emerging/evolving daily).
It sure seems to me that they understand the importance of what they took on, and the shoes they are trying to fill...and seem dedicated to figuring out a way to assure the Long Term continued viability of the Phantom, and maintain a high level of costumer service, while also maybe even innovating a bit.
Definitely not an easy thing to do while also giving proper attention to their primary established business(es) and trying to not get burned out. Let’s give them all the support and patience we can muster.

As to current part prices...Actually, I am pleasantly surprised at how LITTLE prices have gone up so far. I expected immediate increases across the board at handover due to the reasons Slim mentioned, but many parts are still exactly the same as pre-transfer, and for the major components that have increased, like internals and bodies, I find the increase quite reasonable and less than I expected.
There will be additional increases I’m sure as they commission NEW parts to be manufactured to re-stock the catalog. Mike had some very long term relationships with the machine shop and anodizing business. I don’t necessarily expect Extreme Velocity to get any “Grandfathered” pricing (or priority) on future PO’s.
I don’t necessarily expect EV to be able to carry on Mike’s ridiculously low shipping charges either. (Imagine how much it would have cost us all during the “Parts Apocalypse” if his standard shipping and “handling” on small packages would have been $8-$12 range instead of $4? LOL!)

Bottom line for me. If, a year from now, Phantom-Online not only still exists, but is mostly restocked and well supported by EV, and I can go on the website and buy a new bolt assembly for even $25 plus reasonable shipping charge, you won’t hear a complaint out of me.
Mechstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 08:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Post Whore

I think its going to be a hard sell if a new VSC Phantom with dual rod pump and one piece feed goes for $599-$629 range. It could be even higher. Point being Mike said a number of times new guns weren't really flying out the doors until he announced retirement and the mood was there wasn't going to be anymore. I really do wish the new owners luck and I am sure they are great people.
estin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:31 AM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
I think its going to be a hard sell if a new VSC Phantom with dual rod pump and one piece feed goes for $599-$629 range. It could be even higher. Point being Mike said a number of times new guns weren't really flying out the doors until he announced retirement and the mood was there wasn't going to be anymore. I really do wish the new owners luck and I am sure they are great people.

Certainly valid points.
Now that I have heaped praise on EV, I also have to acknowledge that, well before we even knew who was taking over the parts business, I was personally very concerned that everyone had amassed so big of a “Doomsday” pile of parts, that when whoever took over actually restocked the parts, there would be very low demand because many had already overspent, and since there now appeared to be a stable supply, the urgency is gone.
Nobody thought there would be more complete markers made (as said by Mike himself), but as you mention, the same challenges apply to selling new markers as well, even before factoring is probable price increases.

Ultimately, I am counting on my firm belief that the new owners were as well prepared by Mike as possible, and knew quite well the recent (pre-retirement) sales volume, current competitive realities, how much of a niche market they are in.
Hopefully they go slow enough to be able to gut check the “demand” for new markers before investing too much, but fast enough to realize some economies of scale.
Mechstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 05:52 AM   #30 (permalink)
Paintball Player

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechstar View Post
Hopefully they go slow enough to be able to gut check the “demand” for new markers before investing too much
In their advertising for new phantoms (at Phantomonline) they state:

Quote:
If you’d like to be on the waiting list to get the first available markers, please email Sales@PhantomOnline.com, and we will add you in the order the requests are received.
So they should have a sense for the current demand in the form of people who have decided they have to have a Phantom.

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI