mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 08-07-2019, 01:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
MIKE WAZOWSKI!!!

My first pump was an SL68II gifted to me by a good paintball buddy {Thanks Jim!}. I had it freak bored and I love how rough, tough and loud it is. It is so fun to kick around with a stick feed and 9 oz. I don’t plan on letting it go.

My second was an SS25 which I used for a few years. That thing was a wonderful introduction to the CCM wizardry. I sold it within my paintball buddy group when I found an S6. I couldn’t justify two very nice and similar pumps in my stable.

My third is the aforementioned S6 which I don’t plan on letting go. It is as smooth and stable as the legends claim. The milling is dead sexy and the dust black anno is rich. I have used a newer SportShot, stick-feed and a 3D printed 50 round hopper from PBDNA. It all depends on my mood that day. It is equally comfortable for me with a 13/3000 or a 45/45. Again it depends on the day.

My latest find is a Line SI Bushmaster. I had been looking for a way to rejuvenate the game for myself and along with a substantial supply of gifted Leland’s this has done that. With a stick-feed, a few ten rounds, some 12 grams and my Joyride pack, I’m loving life. These were the rigs I saw when I picked up my first issue of Action Pursuit Games. This one is a keeper as well.

I’ve been eyeing BST Phantoms and I may pick one up one day. I know it will be a great experience.

Last edited by cheapchi; 08-07-2019 at 01:14 PM.
cheapchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
That's impressive. I'm trying to get used to mine now, but it's such a different animal that it's hard.
Definitely. I absolutely get shot out because of the firepower disadvantage.

I have a pump handle for it but need to source a bolt since the stock bolt has been modified for bolt action.

Honestly the main thing that made a Sheridan usable for me was side tubing the feed. I just cant shoot standard 3 tube stack guns.
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 01:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
Honestly the main thing that made a Sheridan usable for me was side tubing the feed. I just cant shoot standard 3 tube stack guns.
Yeah I totally understand that. Mine was flat topped so I can sight over the top of the barrel, but when I try to use my Pug (3 stack tube) it's so damn hard to aim.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 01:15 AM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran

CCM Fan
The MVP points so well and shoots nice, i dont care if it "farts", if anything it lets my teammates know where i am. my mvp is all stock and never had any issues with mine. As mentioned earlier, the pump stroke is just fine, its not CCM smooth but close enough to it. The trigger break on the mvp is top notch. Let alone the thin grip frame and grips. Make sure nothing is binding , hence why the stroke isnt great. I may do the PVN upgrades in the future but for now, its great for what it is. Another reason why no one is selling them, and they are priced high. Still waiting to see the MVP (2nd Gen) to come out from Field One. My only complaint/worry is that its a pain to clean the breach if you ever break or chop a ball. CCM/Sniper has that over Nelson/mvp markers. I've owned several CCM's and field stripping is stupid easy. Which ever you go with, im sure you'll be happy. But make sure you do your homework and try to test shoot them before any purchase. Hope this helps.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Jello78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
Bearded Works

I have owned a ton and I mean a ton of pumps and I have shot all and more. phantoms, mavericks, tracers, buzzard, ccms, sterlings, ghosts, mvps, prp, pgp, kpís, snipers,etc..

My recommendation is to shoot a sniper that is well broken in. Then shoot a ccm. If you can shoot better with both then pick up a ccm or build one.

I have tried to shoot a phantom, but for the life of me I canít reliably hit what Iím aiming at because it feels so much different than every other marker I shoot. Every time I pick a phantom up, Iím like maybe this will be the one that converts me... nope. I do normally play open class though. Fun of choice is a ccm s6.5, I have owned almost all of the ccms at some point and still keep coming back to it.

I buy Automags and Parts: if your looking to let something go, shoot me a pm

Feedback Link
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
MCB Member

After reading comments, I wonder if this all comes down to tubes. I prefer the one tube design of a nelson, and I like it for open and stock class. Snipers and Sheridans never pointed well for me.
After the tube setup is determined, it seems like there is some decent information about how to smooth out pump strokes on all the different models etc...
Old 08-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
MCB Member

Mores specifically maybe that even the number of tubes is if the pump handle wraps around the barrel or rides below it. A Phantom with undercocking brings you half way to a Sniper/Sterling. I can for sure feel this since I have both Sterling’s and Phantoms and a Phantom with undercocker as well as a Trracer.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 04:38 AM   #48 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
After reading comments, I wonder if this all comes down to tubes. I prefer the one tube design of a nelson, and I like it for open and stock class. Snipers and Sheridans never pointed well for me.
After the tube setup is determined, it seems like there is some decent information about how to smooth out pump strokes on all the different models etc...
To an extent it is, but it's really easy to switch back and forth. With very little effort I can move between my phantom VSC and a Series 5. At the end of the day it's just muscle memory and you can re-learn that within a day or two of play on any gun.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI