mcarterbrown.com  

CCI Home of the Phantom Pump Gun

Old 07-25-2019, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pew Pew 👉👉

Other Pumps.

I’m a phantom guy, always have been, always will be. I’m curious what other pumps people like....
I’ve only ever owned one other kind of pump (Carter Buzzard) and that thing was like a really heavy phantom with dye stickies.

Anyway, I played a game with a bob long MVP a week or two back and am now on the hunt to see what else is out there. If I could find an MVP, I’d buy one. I’ve shot a few cocker pumps and am pretty interested in them. Curious what else people like?

I know there’s the super stocker. I know the sniper is highly regarded. I’ve shot some KP3’s and I don’t like how they feel to me. (Something about them felt cheap, maybe the pump itself?)

So CCI fans....what else do you like to shoot?

Oh also I typically run stock class or modified stock class, but I’m interested in both stock class and open class markers
Burke626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

I have a halfblock Sniper that I run with a stick feed and 13/3k, and I love it. That and my Phantoms probably see 80% of my field time. Completely different feel from the Phantoms, but it's just perfect. It's a 2k WGP body with CCM internals and pump kit. I occasionally play with Sheridan brass, but mostly it's one of the Phantoms or the Sniper.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
IT'S TIME TO TOSS THE DICE
DarwinZDF42<--YouTube channel. Subscribe! "Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
citizen

Curious about this as well. I have 4 phantoms at the moment; and grew up playing with them and Sheridans. I’ve been eyeing the CCMs and MVPs, as well as considering one of Palmer’s Pyres or Lance. Seems like all the new designs have the hopper mounted direct center, and it drives me nuts. lol. I think at least with the Palmer’s, I could have him custom a right side feed.
pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 01:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pew Pew 👉👉

That’s funny though...I’m a center feed person for sure. I grew up on center feed speedball markers. I’ve never played much with them, but offset feeds feel really odd to me.
Burke626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke626 View Post
Thatís funny though...Iím a center feed person for sure. I grew up on center feed speedball markers. Iíve never played much with them, but offset feeds feel really odd to me.
Agreed. Center feed works so much quicker/cleaner for me too. Optimal positioning for me is marker in front of my face, one eye on each side of the feed neck. But to each their own.

Hard to find a more instinctual shooting and ergonomic pump gun than an MVP. Especially with PVN's mods. Spoils you for everything else. A vertical pump grip really made me love mine.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

I have a stock class 2k sniper 2 that I am working on right now. I am not sure how much it will see the field thought.
ilivlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Paintball Player

CCI Phantom Fan
I've tried a lot of other pumps over the years (I started with a Kingman Hammer)
Sniper, Sniper2, Super Stocker, Illusion, PGP, Nelspot, KP2, Sterling, CCM pumps, Kaos Pump, a boatload of misc. nelsons and probably some I've forgotten.

VSC Phantom is still my favorite.

However individual experience is unique to each player and what is right for one player is not what is right for everyone. You'll need to try a bunch of different guns to find out what is right for you.

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

If Sterling part support was as good as Phantom I would steer you that way but in fact there is zero Sterling part support so...I want to suggest something twin tube, so I guess a Sniper of some kind because you may want to try a much much much lighter pump action just to see how it feels. Failing that, Phantom is the main thing these days. Even after changing owners Phantom part support beats any pump that I know of in 2019.
SignOfZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

I've had Snipers, CCM Pumps, a Sterling, PGP, and Tracer I think, in addition to several phantoms.

The SS-25 I had was wicked awesome. For open class play it was a phenomenal platform.

Sterling was probably equal to it.

Snipers for the most part are a dime a dozen, until you get into the niche brands. CCM and Inception are really high quality.

I've really, really wanted to get into the brass Sheridan style markers... just never really got hooked. Shooting a well tuned KP, Palmer for example, is really fun and satisfying to master.

I respect the quality and detail of Carter markers, I've never owned one. The DYE carters had a goofy trigger guard which didn't fit my hand well. The... Termite? Had a slider trigger which was incredible on the one I tried out once. I'd go for one of those. The weight of the Stainless parts is a plus to me, makes for a more stable shooting platform.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 11:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke626 View Post
Iíve shot some KP3ís and I donít like how they feel to me. (Something about them felt cheap, maybe the pump itself?)
Same. I think it is just the frame geometry. Maybe some good grips would help, if you could find the right ones.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCI