mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   CCI (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/)
-   -   Phantom Spring Kits (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/cci/47817-phantom-spring-kits.html)

oggfueler 08-10-2008 03:50 AM

Phantom Spring Kits

I have the CCI one with the Blue(looks purple to me though), Silver and Red Main springs and the one Valve spring. Are these enough to tune my Phantom for efficiency or should I get a Maddman Kit that has three different Valve springs and three different Main springs?

I have a VSC if that is of any consequence.

Cunha 08-10-2008 05:14 AM

Maddman doesnt make an actual nelson spring kit but yes some valve springs can be beneficial. Typical high efficiency setups use a strong valve spring with whatever hammer spring it takes to get the velocity you need. Often, efficienct velocities are something like 270. The efficiency loss is practical exponential beyond 280.

GL.

Chefdave 08-10-2008 09:28 AM

Maddman valve springs will be too long (although they can be cut down).

oggfueler 08-10-2008 12:28 PM

I read somewhere to try and get things tuned using the Red Main spring from the CCI kit,,, What's the reasoning behind that?

~Rascal'[POLAND] 08-10-2008 02:02 PM

damn I thought Maddman AC spring kit fits phantoms and other nelsons like trracer for example :F Am I wrong ?
Couse me and 2 of my friend are pllaning to buy those kits... :F

I was thinking about putting the hardest possible valve spring albe the weakest maine spring to gain some pump stroke smoothnes :F

What do You suggest ? Couse in standart CCI phantom spring kit there is only one "standart" valve spring ....

oggfueler 08-10-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Rascal'[POLAND] (Post 481979)
damn I thought Maddman AC spring kit fits phantoms and other nelsons like trracer for example :F Am I wrong ?
Couse me and 2 of my friend are pllaning to buy those kits... :F

I was thinking about putting the hardest possible valve spring albe the weakest maine spring to gain some pump stroke smoothnes :F

What do You suggest ? Couse in standart CCI phantom spring kit there is only one "standart" valve spring ....

From what I've read I'm pretty sure that kit will work. I think the weakest main/strongest valve spring combo is the red main/stock vale combo I'm asking about,,, but not really sure though.

PLR 08-10-2008 09:27 PM

I've used the Madman kit without issue in my Phantoms...

Havoc-paintballer 08-13-2008 12:05 AM

So a stronger spring allows for a higher velocity so better effecicny right? Or am I a noob? :P

PLR 08-14-2008 04:27 PM

A Stronger main spring (or weaker valve spring) increases the time the valve is open, thus gaining higher velocity. This of course means you're using more air, thus reducing efficiency.

The trick is to balance velocity and efficiency, can't have the best of both.

Also a heavier main spring will affect your pump stroke...

Phantom Power 08-14-2008 04:48 PM

The Madman springs aren't exactly the same length as the Phantom stock springs but I've used the successfully in both Phantom and a bunch of other Nelson clones (LAPCO, Line SI etc...)