mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-03-2010, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Beccolter Send a message via MSN to Beccolter Send a message via Yahoo to Beccolter Send a message via Skype™ to Beccolter

Becc's 20 questions about CCMs

I'm looking into getting either a T2 or an S6... and I've got some questions.

1. T2 or S6?? *headdesk* hardest choice I've ever made. I'm not really looking for 'its personal prefference', because I've tried them both... which one, in your opinion, is better made and performs more consistantly?

2. The grip frame on the T2 is too thin for my liking... is there a way to fix that with grips or something?

3. Colors... here I'm really torn. I've only seen the gloss pink anno, and I don't really like it. Does anyone have any pics of the dust, since that's what I'd go with? Is there a way to get a different shade of pink, or do I have to go through someone else and get it re-annoed? Pink and black or pink and white... or purple and white or purple and black? Life is so tough...

4. Whats with all the fancy lasering? Can I get some? Does it cost lots? Where can I get it on the gun?

5. I'm a lefty and remember hearing someone complain about something hurting when he held it lefty... a nut or something. Is there a way to fix that?

6. Aftermarket barrels? Its cocker threaded, right? How are the CCM barrels? Would I want to get a better barrel while I'm ordering, or is it adequate? I like my barrels short... 10" is my favorite.

I think that's it... thanks in advance.

Last edited by Beccolter; 03-03-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Beccolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to chillinspyder2

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccolter View Post

1. T2 or S6?? *headdesk* hardest choice I've ever made. I'm not really looking for 'its personal prefference', because I've tried them both... which one, in your opinion, is better made and performs more consistantly?

2. The grip frame on the T2 is too thin for my liking... is there a way to fix that with grips or something?

3. Colors... here I'm really torn. I've only seen the gloss pink anno, and I don't really like it. Does anyone have any pics of the dust, since that's what I'd go with? Is there a way to get a different shade of pink, or do I have to go through someone else and get it re-annoed? Pink and black or pink and white... or purple and white or purple and black? Life is so tough...

4. Whats with all the fancy lasering? Can I get some? Does it cost lots? Where can I get it on the gun?

5. I'm a lefty and remember hearing someone complain about something hurting when he held it lefty... a nut or something. Is there a way to fix that?

6. Aftermarket barrels? Its cocker threaded, right? How are the CCM barrels? Would I want to get a better barrel while I'm ordering, or is it adequate? I like my barrels short... 10" is my favorite.

1: I've owned plenty of both. I prefer the T2. I've also heard some stats that the T2 gets better efficiency than the S6. Plus there's no backblock to punch you in the face if you run a small setup (which I do.)

2: I believe CCM offers a their standard (thick frame) for the T2 now. If you still wanted the thin frame, a pair of thick grips should solve the problem.

3: Purple and black for sure

4: CCM can do direct lasering from their "factory", I don't know numbers for a price quote however. If you decide to do a third party, prices are pretty reasonable as long as it's not too complicated a design

5: Unless you have sausage fingers, you're good to go. I shoot left handed almost as much as right, and I've never had that problem.

6: I shoot a CCM barrel kit with my gun. It should do the trick for you, plus 12" is the stock length which is fairly short. Sizers come from .679 - .693 depending on your field paint. There's rumors of CCM producing smaller bore sizes as well. Cocker threaded is right.

...just some thoughts. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker-Monkey View Post
The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse would be pretending I am not excited.
MCB Feedback.
Old Feedback + New Feedback
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
1 - That's a hard question. I have one of each, and use both the S6 and T2 when I go play and the performance between both is identical. Both are consistant and have never dropped off in their performance. I know this doesn't help much, but it's my honest thought. I'd say go with whatever your urge/gut tells you to choose.

2 - If you can get a hold of some Dye Sticky 3's, they make it nice and squishy and bulk it up a little. I'm sure other grips can do the same.

3 - How about black with purple and dust white accents?

4 - Defer to CCM for this one, but I have seen Mel reply that they can have lasering done for you.

5 - Ditto with what Chillin said, I have no problem shooting either my S6 or T2 left or right handed. Seems the comment was that someone using a true "shooting" grip might rub the AT lever when shooting left handed.

6 - Yes, A/C threaded. I just unloaded my Freak set because my CCM kit outshoots my Freak. I have all the available inserts and use a 14" carbon fiber CCM and aluminum barrel and they both shoot great. Always shoot good/great paint with your CCM marker and it will love you. Kind of like high octane in a high performance car.

World of Tanks Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I say to you with love in my heart... your a whore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
i like the zipper... pullover's hurt when i take them off. I gel my hair everyday so when I pull it off it snags on my hair and hurts.

Last edited by mrmag11; 03-03-2010 at 01:50 PM.
mrmag11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:

I know they never end...

They're both made well. S6 will be lower maintenance because it's not a halfblock. But you don't like back blocks either...

Have you held the T2 86 grip frame or a thick CCM 45 yet? Try those first.
Else get something like these Hogue Panels With Palm Swells

I say gloss black with dust pink accents. Their anodizer probably can do different shades of pink.

Dunno, but hello kitty pirate skulls FTW.

You have small hands. or request the AT cam be mounted on the right.

Cocker threaded. You'll want a longer barrel for airball.

Now you can go back to ignoring my input.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Where are the other 14 questions? I'm disappointed....

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."
LoneWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Just wait. She has to reload first.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Beccolter Send a message via MSN to Beccolter Send a message via Yahoo to Beccolter Send a message via Skype™ to Beccolter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
lol, hush you. I got tired of typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimace View Post
Now you can go back to ignoring my input.
*goes back to ignoring your input*

This is what I want lasered, lol, so nice guess:
Beccolter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Quote:
*goes back to ignoring your input*

This is what I want lasered, lol, so nice guess:
https://www.koolbadges.co.uk/images/t...ll-150x150.jpg
You'll need a simplified version of that graphic. The lasering is pretty much white or shades of white (not sure of CCM's capabilities there) that have been burned into the anno. I can help you with the image when the time comes and you know the required format.

*goes back to ignoring your whining*
Old 03-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

CCM Fan
1) Both are made extremely well. It really come down to personal preference.

2) They have a wide grip 45 frame as previously stated.

3) Ask and you shall receive. https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-pictures.html

4) Call CCM ask for Mel

5) I grew up when lefty's learned to adapt and did not complain.lol and yes I'm left handed.

6) I have never shot a CCM barrel so I can't help you there. Sorry.
nostayhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Most of the above posts already answer your questions so it would be redundant to do so again... That being said go with the T2

I don't technically have a S6(S5b with S6 parts, just a wee bit heavier than a S6), but I prefer the T2 for a few reasons.

Lighter
no backblock
This is just me but I feel its easier to maintain, chrono, take apart
Pump handle
and the aspect of being able to switch out feeds, bodies, etc(maybe not all of those yet.)

They both are great pumps though, but if I had to choose it would be the T2
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM