mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 03-24-2010, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Need CCM help

So i have a S6 and recently ive been noticing some inconsistency in my velocity. i used fresh paint, right bore size. Well first off, i set my regulator at 300psi(it was under 280 when it came in factory). I looked at TF's videos on how to set the velocity with 3 turns in the ivg and at 300psi on the reg. The fps on the gun was about 230-240ish. I would have to turn the ivg 5-6 times to get around 280. I have yet to try to sweet spot my gun which i will be doing in a couple days once i get out onto the field. However when i tried to take my regulator apart i noticed something different on my gun than the gun on his videos. It was Extremely hard to get the long bottom screw out, it was as if it was tightened way too much. I checked the o rings on the piston, and others and they were all fine. When i put the reg back together which i checked if i put it on correctly, i noticed that even before the bottom screw hits flush, it is wayyy too tight. Tf was able to get his screw on to flush with just one finger. i had to clamp down on my reg to be able to get to flush.

The main problem is that im not able to achieve 300 fps even though i tried adjusting the ivg and setting the psi at around 300psi. my gun has never hit that 300fps mark and im beginning to think that something might be wrong. i am having to turn the ivg 4-5 turns just to get to 280

Last edited by saranglinux; 03-24-2010 at 08:00 AM.
saranglinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Please give us a call when you have time today.
1-877-412-6850
M-F 8-4pm pst
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
I answered your e-mail, and your PM that you sent me.

Take a picture of the internals of your reg and post them up - also in the mean time call Rod at CCM.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

this shows at which point the tension starts on the bottom screw

Old 03-24-2010, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Okay - you have the newer style spring - as I suspected (no big deal - it is fine) - but it takes more turns in on the reg screw to do the same as the old spring did.

In the video you were seeing the old spring in action - less turns.

I just took my T2's reg apart - and that is when I get tension changes too. You have simply engaged the spring at that point. It should become harder - but not cause you to strain or anything - just under pressure.

Here is what I want you to do:

1) Your picture looks like you need some lube on it - but before you do that - Clean the bottom of the reg. In particular, use q-tips on the base of the regulator where the adjustment screw goes in.

2) Use some grease on the reg piston, spring, top hat (the gold thing that sits below the spring) and particularly on the reg adjustment screw. Use Dow 33 or Hater Sauce (marmalade if you can).

3) Screw the reg back together and set it to 300 to 325.

Let me know if this changes anything.

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

rod said that it might be possible that the main spring needs to be replaced so once i get those ill do what you said and let you know how it turns out
Old 03-24-2010, 10:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

my friend's S6 did this, put in a stiffer hammer spring.
Cheap-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by saranglinux View Post
rod said that it might be possible that the main spring needs to be replaced so once i get those ill do what you said and let you know how it turns out
The spring shipped out to you yesterday, you should see it by Friday. Call us if you have any questions once you get it.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rec Poster

problem was solved. It was definitely the spring. I replaced it, i sweet spotted the reg and it is shooting at a consistent 275 with the ivg nearly at flush. The pump stroke feels really smooth and the consistency is great. Thanks CCM!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
NICE. It was easy. Good.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM