mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-09-2010, 11:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
I love the ccm barrel kit. I have several of there different tips from over time.
they have made every size up to 16" and carbon barrels as well. They have said that CF just wasn't worth the trouble,so they stopped, but I do love my ccm cf 14".
As far as the current 12" barrel with the .690 sizer, thats just good planning, The 12" shoots just as good as any 14" it has a slightly tighter bore than there past barrels, and the .690 will not break most any paint. If they shipped it with a .681 and you use paint that is .689 you would be breaking like mad, Shipping the largest sizer eliminates the chance of that. Also you will now buy more sizers to fit your paint, thus increasing sales, or if you know what size paint you shoot, they will give you whatever sizer you request with a new gun, .690 is just the default size if you don't request different.

All that said, CCM says they are not in the barrel making business so they don't focus too much energy that route. However they still make a fantastic barrel and system.

It would be great if a company like Deadly wind would just make a barrel that fit the CCM sizers, That I would buy. I wonder if CCM would allow them to do that and use their proprietary thread?

My $.02 give or take $1.50.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
https://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
CCM Pumps

CCM Fan
stiffi switch kit fits ccm sizers. They are both in Anderson/Redding CA area. Thus check with stiffi for CF barrel (Note: It is the Switch kit that you need.)
skleinsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Deadly wind would be cheaper than stiffi. I would love to hear from CCM.
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:53 AM   #14 (permalink)
CCM Pumps

CCM Fan
check out

ccm carbon fiber barrel kit 5 bores 14 in tip .681-.693 - eBay (item 120632031970 end time Oct-12-10 18:49:20 PDT)

it is NOT mine - but it is a CCM CF barrel for sale.
skleinsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
orrrrrrr...
use any cocker threaded barrel you want, and use Lapco sizers, they make them in almost all bores, and they are cocker in, and cocker out. easy peasy Japaneasy
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 04:51 AM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

lapco sizers are pretty much awesome. One stop shop.

You trade a guy you know a condom for a beer.

He takes himself on home and calls you the next friday saying "hey bro, That condom you loaned me broke after I took it out of its wrapper and used it"

Would you really trade back a beer for a used rubber?
i_luv_strats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Deadly wind would be cheaper than stiffi. I would love to hear from CCM.
We did the CF barrel thing for a few years. People abused the Lifetime Warranty so we quit making them. We have talked about making longer sizers to increase the overall length on the barrel. When we have more time available it is something we may really focus on.

Bottomline as someone else already said, there are a million barrel manufactuer's out there to suit (almost) everyone's needs. We don't feel as if there is a need or room for us to try and squish into it as well. We make a simple, but effective barrel to sell with our guns.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
We did the CF barrel thing for a few years. People abused the Lifetime Warranty so we quit making them. We have talked about making longer sizers to increase the overall length on the barrel. When we have more time available it is something we may really focus on.

Bottomline as someone else already said, there are a million barrel manufactuer's out there to suit (almost) everyone's needs. We don't feel as if there is a need or room for us to try and squish into it as well. We make a simple, but effective barrel to sell with our guns.
It's pretty crappy that a few turds ruined it for the rest of us. I guess I can't complain too much since I've got a CCM carbon barrel (and I love it).
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

A whole bunch of companies make small bore barrels these days so the selection is not as limited as it used to be. And when you order your gun you can request a different bore sizer for free, I got a .684 with my Series 6.

And to the guy above, underboring doesn't break more paint, there is no reason to use anything even close to .690 in a pump gun.
SKI008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
I dunno about not breaking paint by underboring, every time ive underbored quite a bit, i'll break one out of 5 balls, though theres nothing wrong with going a size or two underbore.

And really im glad the paint is getting a bit smaller, im finally in the middle of the spectrum of my bore sizers, instead of allways using .695 as a tight fit, everyone lately has been complaining about "omfg paint keeps getting smaller, it wont stop". In reality they're finally getting closer to the actual size, paint is supposed to be .6800000 caliber, so in reality when you get small bore paint thats .679, you're actually closer to the right size than the big bore .689 stuff
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM