mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-11-2010, 10:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI008 View Post
A whole bunch of companies make small bore barrels these days so the selection is not as limited as it used to be. And when you order your gun you can request a different bore sizer for free, I got a .684 with my Series 6.

And to the guy above, underboring doesn't break more paint, there is no reason to use anything even close to .690 in a pump gun.
I am "the guy" and while using a .690 is not as effective as using the correct bore for paint it does eliminate the possibility of a small barrel not working well with larger paint, this would be from a sales point of view. This way CCM isn't getting calls from uneducated customers complaining that the barrel is too small and it keeps breaking paint. Underboring is a solid approach, however that would mean going a size or two under your paint. Try shooting .689 paint out of a .681 or .679 and it will break more than it should. With the appropriate bore you should never break good paint in a CCM. CCM can't guarantee that all us morons are going to use quality paint or have the sense enough to realize that paint size isn't there fault, so giving the largest bore idiot proofs it.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
https://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
A.B.K.

CCM Fan
Just some ideas that I thought about.

Color kits ( simple parts. Feedneck collar, asa knob, detent covers etc)
Some DAMN stickers
aluminum triggers
Leverlock feedneck collars(again)
Carbon Fiber barrel kits would be nice again.
SOGAmember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Now im really curious about the leverlock feedneck, why was it discontinued? That style seems to be the best of the bunch in terms of easy to use and adjustment.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Ccm sends you stickers now when you order. That little white card with a couple of Ccm logos are now stickers. You can also use a stiffi switch kit tip with Ccm sizers, as it was said earlier.

SPBTV

Feedback

Other Feedback

"It's the Ones Who've Cracked That the Light Shines Through"
Silent Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Now im really curious about the leverlock feedneck, why was it discontinued? That style seems to be the best of the bunch in terms of easy to use and adjustment.
because really... how many times are you taking your hopper off? once? twice? its not worth it to make concession to something thats not needed.

These guys are a small company. PB is not their main focus.. (honestly if it was they would total the competition because if this is less than 100% what we get is over 100% of other companies )
So them making new parts kits means their machines get tied up from other projects, much the reason the CCM bolt action sniper rifle has taken the backseat, its a pipedream, and its just too costly to make. (have you seen the block of aluminum it came out of?) Bill is doing his absoloute best, and Mel and rod are feilding all your questions, and facilitating your needs (see stickers). So bear with CCM and take what you can get from them. everything else... well... tough
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Oh well i wasnt complaining, just wondering. I remember reading they stopped doing the carbon fiber barrels because of the lifetime warranty issue. And i didnt know that they do other stuff besides paintball markers, i thought it was their main selling item.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻)

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Oh well i wasnt complaining, just wondering. I remember reading they stopped doing the carbon fiber barrels because of the lifetime warranty issue. And i didnt know that they do other stuff besides paintball markers, i thought it was their main selling item.
my bad to sound preachy then. Yeah when you call they answer "CCM DPM" DPM is the other company. (forget what it stands for) all i know is thats Bills company, and when he took over ccm from Jason (iirc) he rolled the two together.
Droop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:51 PM   #28 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Stock CCM barrels are just as good or better than anything else I have shot. They made CF barrels in the past, if you look you should be able to find one used. I see them quite often, but haven't been hitting the BST's like I used to, I am trying to curve my spending compulsion. If you really want a CF barrel to use w/ the CCM sizers, I believe Stiffi Switch barrels work with them, but it may be easier to find a CCM cf barrel over one of them. The barrel market is so heavily saturated it is hard to get into that market. I think even Stiffi was on its way out, they may have sold to someone else, and they were one of the biggest names in the barrel industry.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #29 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
With the appropriate bore you should never break good paint in a CCM. CCM can't guarantee that all us are going to use quality paint or have the sense enough to realize that paint size isn't there fault, so giving the largest bore idiot proofs it.
I can NOT reiterate this enough..... It is essential to use "decent" paint and size your paint correctly.
Over the past 6 months we have see such a huge increase in new pump players who don't even know how to size their paint properly. (If your not certain how to do it, PM or call me please!) Then you couple that with crappy, cheap paint and there is a real problem. We have had more than one or two guys call up after they get their brand new guns and are super P.O'd that they have consistency issues with ther gun, automatically assuming it is the gun and not user error.

We have talked about making a how to size paint video to help if there isn't already one out there.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #30 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
I can NOT reiterate this enough..... It is essential to use "decent" paint and size your paint correctly.
Over the past 6 months we have see such a huge increase in new pump players who don't even know how to size their paint properly. (If your not certain how to do it, PM or call me please!) Then you couple that with crappy, cheap paint and there is a real problem. We have had more than one or two guys call up after they get their brand new guns and are super P.O'd that they have consistency issues with ther gun, automatically assuming it is the gun and not user error.

We have talked about making a how to size paint video to help if there isn't already one out there.
Or put it on a DVD and put one in every box of a new gun you sell. WGP did this, probably just to have an e-copy of the manual, but it could be just as valuable for you to do with informing customers how to feed their new toy(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM