mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 10-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #31 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
Theres plenty of videos on youtube about how to size paint, none of them are very professional but are enough to get the job done, i mean its not that hard to say "blow a paintball through, if it rolls out very easily the bore is too big and if it gets stuck really tight its too small, grab the sizer you can just barely blow a few paintballs through and use that one or go down one size". Problem is noone will read it or watch the video, if you send them a direct link in the email they wont watch it and if you send them the link on paper they wont watch it, its like an instruction booklet, noone ever reads it. But then again, most people are probably expecting +/- 1fps anyway, sure the gun could probably do that, only if the paint is perfect. Hell, i shot someone's cocker weekend before last and he was getting no higher than +/- 1 or 2 fps, at first i thought the chrono was broken when i kept seeing 274 about 5 or 6 times in a row, but to my suprize thats exactly what it was shooting, though taht was with good paint and a freak kit with just the right sizer.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 03:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Slowly making progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLuke View Post
Theres plenty of videos on youtube about how to size paint, none of them are very professional but are enough to get the job done, i mean its not that hard to say "blow a paintball through, if it rolls out very easily the bore is too big and if it gets stuck really tight its too small, grab the sizer you can just barely blow a few paintballs through and use that one or go down one size". Problem is noone will read it or watch the video, if you send them a direct link in the email they wont watch it and if you send them the link on paper they wont watch it, its like an instruction booklet, noone ever reads it. But then again, most people are probably expecting +/- 1fps anyway, sure the gun could probably do that, only if the paint is perfect. Hell, i shot someone's cocker weekend before last and he was getting no higher than +/- 1 or 2 fps, at first i thought the chrono was broken when i kept seeing 274 about 5 or 6 times in a row, but to my suprize thats exactly what it was shooting, though taht was with good paint and a freak kit with just the right sizer.
The problem is though that a lot of people don't know that paint even has a size outside of the .68 they see on the packaging. On top of that they wouldn't know that .695 through a .679 is going to be a disaster, and .679 paint is just going to roll out of a .690.

Putting a disc or separate sheet of paper with some obnoxious warning color would hopefully get a person's attention and bring them into the know. Or, find a good video (or make one) and embed that into the CCM site. Put a piece of paper that says, "Go to Chipley Machine for important information about paint sizes and pump guns."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I really like the picture posts, because I don't understand most of the word posts.
desertT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
I just though, since I have almost all the sizers, a carbon fiber barrel to work with them would be cool. It seems that everyone that I know is using a deadly wind barrel.

I did not realize that a stiffi would work.

Any chance that in the future, the sizers would be machined to work with any cocker threaded barrel.
sniper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
DIRTBAGS

CCM Fan
Mel,

You should have Pat and Ted put together a "how to" video dressed like Sasquatch and Luigi.

"lol thats the best use of of a smiley ive ever seen hahaha" - $lug

MCB feedback

PBN feedback
toofless916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #35 (permalink)
Serving Tea for CCM

Send a message via AIM to senghing27

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I love my CF CCM Kit....

I also like the aluminum trigger idea, that would be fab.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
Any chance that in the future, the sizers would be machined to work with any cocker threaded barrel.
We have disscussed it, but it's nothing we have any plans to move forward on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27 View Post
I also like the aluminum trigger idea, that would be fab.
We found Delrin is optimal for our guns.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

A 12" stock barrel + your 2" sizers would be perfect. The stock barrel performs great, but it is too dang short!

I'll agree that that there are a ton of barrel manufacturers out there to meet and of our needs, but none of them matches the CCM dust black anodizing! lol This drives me nuts!
bigbadbubba1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Back to paintball.

Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

I know you guys at CCM don't want to go too much into the barrel making business, but I'm really bothered by the stock barrel length of 11 inches. I know there's other choices out there and I've used them, but I really prefer to keep my CCM gun with all CCM parts as much as possible, I just need the barrel to be 14 inches, like most standard barrels that come on guns right now.
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:56 AM   #39 (permalink)
Walking without rhythm

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I like the short barrel.
Stilgar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ir0nExpress View Post
I'm really bothered by the stock barrel length of 11 inches.
It's 12" with the sizer.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM