mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bargain addict

Send a message via AIM to chl2onic

My brand new Ninja reg rattles when totally empty too. The rattle is not in the tank, but in the reg itself right?

https://www.a5og.net/itrader.php Itrader feedback from my home forum.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
chl2onic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The rattle in the reg is the fill nipple valve.
Tucan9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:50 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rec Poster

tank rattle ='s bad and at the least, scary. Next time go guerilla

checkout Talfuchre's youtube videos as well, those will help show you tips as he goes through the motions. invaluable resource!

also, never hesitate to call CCM up, they are teh awesomeness!
the underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
What?

CCM Fan
By any chance did you get hit near the gun that day?

Feedback
doom-king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
if your ninja reg is venting, something is wrong with the reg. I would get a different tank and try it on your T2 before you go tearing things apart. Borrow a friends, or a rental tank from the field.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
the rattle is normal on ninja regs when the tank is empty, it's the stopper (for lack of a better term) inside the fill nipple moving back and forth cause there isnt any air pressure on it to hold it forward. when filling the pressure going in pushes it back so air can pass and once full the tank pressure pushes it forward to seal the nipple. with no pressure on either side it rattles back and forth freely. THIS IS NORMAL AND NOT A BAD REG. My money is that your ccm reg is creeping over pressure because of that top oring on the pin. I just repaired a friends this weekend with the same problem. TF is 100% right. Don't worry about the ninja reg it is most likely perfectly fine. I only use ninja regs on my tanks, There solid. You can however change the output pressure of you ninja reg by opening it and removing or adding shims to the spring. Check out the manual for how to.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
https://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
the rattle is normal on ninja regs when the tank is empty, it's the stopper (for lack of a better term) inside the fill nipple moving back and forth cause there isnt any air pressure on it to hold it forward. when filling the pressure going in pushes it back so air can pass and once full the tank pressure pushes it forward to seal the nipple. with no pressure on either side it rattles back and forth freely. THIS IS NORMAL AND NOT A BAD REG. My money is that your ccm reg is creeping over pressure because of that top oring on the pin. I just repaired a friends this weekend with the same problem. TF is 100% right. Don't worry about the ninja reg it is most likely perfectly fine. I only use ninja regs on my tanks, There solid. You can however change the output pressure of you ninja reg by opening it and removing or adding shims to the spring. Check out the manual for how to.
I watched Thomas Taylor's Ninja reg blow and shoot the tank across the staging area at NPPL Chicago. I'll trust GA/Air America with 4.5k psi. None of their parts rattle. I'm sorry but 'rattling' is not a normal sound when dealing with that much pressure, empty or not... The only reg makers currently around that still do it are Ninja and Crossfire.

Ebay Feedback
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
suns out guns out

Send a message via AIM to freebird

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post
I watched Thomas Taylor's Ninja reg blow and shoot the tank across the staging area at NPPL Chicago. I'll trust GA/Air America with 4.5k psi. None of their parts rattle. I'm sorry but 'rattling' is not a normal sound when dealing with that much pressure, empty or not... The only reg makers currently around that still do it are Ninja and Crossfire.
the rattleing is normal with a brand new or COMPLETELY empty tank. any tank will do it, once you put air in it no longer rattles.

Ryan,

I saw thomas Taylors tank blow as well, that was crazy. it slow motion left his arm and then took off like a missile into the net.
TEAM CAPTAIN - UPSTATE HATE
HORNETS NEST PAINTBALL
MCB Feedback
AO Feedback

Hillbilly death machine.
Fuel'd by Diesel fuel, Miller High Life, Gunpowder, and Red Meat.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #19 (permalink)
"Set The Bar Low"

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCasna View Post

I'm willing to bet, a couple hundred Superman dives into the snake had more to do with the reg blowing than the reg itself. No product is abuse proof, No one would hold there tank by the reg and smack it against the ground a couple hundred times and the blame the tank for failing.

MY FEEDBACK ON EBAY
https://myworld.ebay.com/ebwilsonx4

A long time ago I met a Man I called my friend. Why now, many years later, can't I remember his face? Has He left, or have I just chose not to look?
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Exitus Acta Probat

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thanks for the advice. Breaking down the T2 over veterans day.

Already tried a different tank; same issue with A 68/45 Crossfire. The issue I have with the Ninja is that it no longer holds air, even when not hooked up to the marker. it vents from the 'seam' between the bonnet and the reg body (2 and 16 respectively on the online parts diagram). So while the reg on the T2 may have issues, pretty sure there's something off with the tank reg as well. Coming from stock and Pistol, my experience with regs is minimal, but I always assumed the burst disk would go first if there was a problem, but no air is leaking from that point. And its a pretty fast leak. Gonna give Ninja a call when I get home in time this week.

Thanks,
Two-Gun

- Feedback -
Two-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM