mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Exitus Acta Probat

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Tank messed up a Reg on a T2? Little Help . . .

Hello all,

Hoping for a little light on a problem I have. Picked up a new T2 In early October, and have switched to it pretty much exclusively (playing primarily stock and pistols before, going Open feels like I'd been running with lead weights on for years . . .)

Also picked up a new 50/45 Ninja Tank the other week. And in a curious case of chain failure, I think the the Reg busted on the tank about 2/3 of the way through its second full tank, screwing up something inside the T2.

For no apparent reason, the T2 suddenly started experiencing shoot down at the start of a game; backed out the on/off, then repressurized the marker. It gave me maybe one shot at half velocity, then dropped again. I did notice the on/off was exceptionally hard to turn; I attributed it at the time to half frozen fingers and panic as I was about to be rushed, but in hindsight, might have been a sign of the problem and the busted reg. I figured the gauge or something on the Tank was busted and I was out of air, but when I tried to unscrew the tank, it immediately started venting from between the parts of the reg on the tank (I'll be contacting Ninja just as soon as I can find an email address, or get home in time to call them). Also get a neat rattle from the inside of the tank reg now when I shake it. Burst disk seems fine, though. Wee.

At any rate, pulled an older Crossfire I had out, hooked it up, and ended up with the same 'shoot down' like issue. The marker charges, get off one shot at half velocity maybe, and then maybe 10-15 feet for each shot afterward. Any idea what might have caused this? And any idea of what I might want to look for when I break the T2 down?

Thanks,

Twogun

- Feedback -
Two-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
*Twenty Twen Twen*

If the tank is completely empty that rattle might not be any issue at all. as when i had my ninja tank reg off of the tank to travel, the reg would make a small rattle noise when you would shake it.
also when you went to unscrew your tank, did you turn your asa knob off, before doing so?
MY FEEDBACK
FlorryPB Brass and Stainless Sheridan Velocity Adjusters
FlorryPB Stainless Steel Phantom Valve Bodies
diOs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
it's not brain science !

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
If the reg on you tank is bad it would blow the lp burst disc out . Sounds to me like a bad on off asa .
tedaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Feel free to call us directly with any questions you may have.
1-877-412-6850
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Twogun,

Read the manual. There is one in the stickies above.

Here is what I would do.

Strip the reg and check for all the things mentioned in the manual (the guy who wrote it is a genius). This COULD be as simple as a blown top o-ring (Reg pin o-ring). I would replace that one no matter what. What you are describing sounds like you are getting high pressure air past the reg. This o-ring is your number one culprit. Replace it, and while you are in there - replace the piston o-ring. Regrease with Hater sauce Marmalade or Dow 33.

Then - reset the marker (300 - 325 input on the reg - and the IVG from 4 to 5 screws in from flush with the back of the body.

Then test your bottle reg with a reg tester. If you don't have a reg tester, borrow one, or make one from one of the stickies above. THey are essential for getting your CCM markers running right all the time.

Also, clean the hammer on the bottom tube. I doubt if it is this, but it could be. Clean the bottom tube (don't take out the valve) with alcohol as well as the hammer. Reassemble dry. A dirty hammer can cause your marker to shoot 250 forever.

Clean the ASA and lube the ASA pin and o-ring with Dow 33 or Hater Sauce Marmalade.

Do all of this (don't skip any steps) and report back.

If you are going to replace some things - here is what I would get from CCM:

1) Reg Piston O-ring
2) Reg Pin O-ring.
3) ASA o-ring.

I would also assemble a reg testing kit and get the proper tools and lubricants and mentioned in the manual.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.

Last edited by Talfuchre; 11-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
That would also blow a hole in your Macroline. That should be the first piece to fail if your tank reg outputs higher than normal pressure.

Like the guys said above ASA or Inline Reg failure

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Noclue,

It CAN cause that - but I have had mine vent past and keep the macro in place...

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Exitus Acta Probat

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Thanks for the quick replies.

Talfuchre, read the manual, ready to do the breakdown, but just wanted to see if anyone had any tips before I broke it down, reassembled, and with my luck proceeded to have the same issues. Trying to avoid field testing and stripping as it gets colder and I loose digits to frostbite, so much appreciated. No Hater Sauce of Dow at the moment, so it's repair will have to wait a couple of days.

dIOs, not sure about the tank, as to if the On/Off was on or off at the time of the unscrewing. Heh, pun not intended. As it was only its second full tank, and as it was leaking out of an area of the reg never intended to vent, I think I'd be more inclined to let the manufacturer deal with it, as opposed to messing with even a user serviceable reg. The Tank is completely empty. It will not hold air. Dealing with HPA makes me nervous, rational fear or not.

Mel, thanks much! If I can't get it back in line, I'll be bothering you guys, I'm sure.

And thanks in general for all the help, even for a forum lurker ^_^.

Two Gun

- Feedback -
Two-Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Two gun.

I need to tell you - if you have good grease on the Reg piston - and the o-ring looks good - leave it. The reg pin o-ring goes in dry.

Replace that top o-ring, clean the hammer, reset everything - and use a tank you can trust - I will wager this will cure it.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
a.k.a. Kazzy

CCM Fan
I bet some A-hole flipped your bolt over...check that....I like to do that to xXFettXx and any other unsuspecting member of our local pump group who I deem worthy. LOL

All jokes aside

Quote:
Originally Posted by diOs View Post
If the tank is completely empty that rattle might not be any issue at all. as when i had my ninja tank reg off of the tank to travel, the reg would make a small rattle noise when you would shake it.
also when you went to unscrew your tank, did you turn your asa knob off, before doing so?
I have to disagree with you. If your tank rattles and it doesn't have some sort of anti-siphon hose in it, it's unacceptable.

Another thing to check is the valve itself. before tearing down that reg, might want to put a different reg on and try it again. see if something traveled through the whole system and got stuck in the valve...just a thought before he starts tearing down the reg.

Ebay Feedback

Last edited by RCasna; 11-08-2010 at 09:27 PM.
RCasna is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM