mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Ll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatninjachick View Post
So any advice for someone new to pump?
Like said above, don't get discouraged. I have seen many people get discouraged when using a pump because it didn't make them the long balling, laserguided killing machine they thought. Many people have the misconception pumps are more accurate than semi's and this is not true at all. Pumps seem more accurate because the people wielding them usually are better at aiming than someone used to just shooting a bag of paint at someone to get them out. A well tuned semi will shoot just as good as a well tuned pump.

As far as the best gun goes, it is whichever one you choose to be the best, there is no single, be all-end all Best Gun, I personally like my S6.5 the best but all my CCM's are basically tied as my favorites.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
The one you are using. It doesn't do any good sitting on the shelf in a closet.
Best. Answer. Ever.

Quote:
alright next question,

What's the best part about playing pump?
The pump community, hands down. You could go to a brand new field where no one knows you (and might not be inclined to strike up a conversation with you) but as soon as you pull out a pump gun, if there are other pump players there they will seek you out.

Quote:
Have fun! Even if you go out and can’t hit the broad side of the moon all day, enjoy yourself. It’s just for fun. I am hard pressed to believe that many people got into PB to become a Pro or some Top-Shot superstar. We play because we have fun shooting our friends and family, running around like little kids and talking a lot s***.

Last edited by Mel; 04-18-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Listen to Mel.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
you mad bro?

Hey thanks guys! I have gotten some pretty great advice! Advice that i can't seem to get from pbnation. Thanks haha looking forward to playing some pump tournies here soon, im definitely sold. no more electros... well ok there will still be times for that, but pump is looking to be my main focus now!
Thatninjachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Comparing PBN's hospitality and helpfullness w/ MCB's is like comparing a Del'Monico steak to a pile of dog poo

Welcome to MCB, you will like it here. Pump play is definetly fun, at first I was into electronic guns because they were all the rage but after playing pump for a bit, I was hooked and now its basically all I ever use. If you stick with it, it will vastly improve your playing ability.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
you mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
Comparing PBN's hospitality and helpfullness w/ MCB's is like comparing a Del'Monico steak to a pile of dog poo

Welcome to MCB, you will like it here. Pump play is definetly fun, at first I was into electronic guns because they were all the rage but after playing pump for a bit, I was hooked and now its basically all I ever use. If you stick with it, it will vastly improve your playing ability.

Dude i have a friend on my team that plays and he definitely spiked my interest. His name is "curtile13" if you dont know him check him out!!

But yeah, pump is slowly becoming way more interesting to me than playing with the electros! MCB is beast! haha
Old 04-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

CCM Fan
I always feel more gratified at the end of the day playing pump rather than semi. Its just the rush I get putting up my phantom vs Egos and Dye NTs. Hence why I'm trying to find a CCM to upgrade to so I won't have a reason to pull out my ego. Since everyone on MCB is helpful unlike the majority of PBN, I'll just toss my advice into the mix.

-Don't get discouraged. You are going to get shot out a lot, especially when you start. Learn from each one and apply it to the next time you play.
-Buy lots of 10 rnd tubes and a dump pouch of some kind. I bought some 100 10 rnd tubes and a year later I'm down to about 50. You'll lose 10 rnd tubes to breaks, falling out, or random knomes walking away with them from your gearbag. This only applies if you want to play stock class.
-Keep a sleeper in that gear bag, something that can put down the BPS just in case.
-Have patience. Playing pump requires a lot of it and requires time getting use to.
-Have fun. The reason you are probably playing pump is you are crazy enough to put yourself at a disadvantege against other people who want to boost their ego by lowering yours. Believe me there is no greater gratification in paintball than the feeling of bunkering a guy with a $1000 marker with your pump and getting to see his expression on his face afterwards.

Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.

PbNation (+8/-0)
BigT4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
you mad bro?

Yeah, watching video and doing TONS of research pump looks pretty legit! Being so used to playing with electros, pump will be different.. but im definitely looking forward to switching over! great advice! thanks!!
Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 PM   #29 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Pumps aren't just legit, they're too legit to quit.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 PM   #30 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Pumps aren't just legit, they're too legit to quit.
Its like a drug. Once you start, you can't stop without going through some serious withdrawl.

PbNation (+8/-0)
BigT4203 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM