mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
OK,history time for the New CCM Marker

About a year ago we started talking about a new marker that looked like something between a Shocker and an Ego.

The reason was actually for the electro players. We all have giggled at questions from the un-knowing like where does the battery go and can you ramp with this gun and so on.

So we think that maybe electro players need a gun that would look familiar to them. After all the paintball community is the same in most respects.The more people we win over to pump helps us all.

Most of us here on MCB feel fine with our current line of Sheridan valve markers.The T2 looking something like out of the 80's moving on up to the 90's style guns and so on.

The new gun is a Sheridan valved gun with a couple new twist.

So now you know the reasoning behind the gun. This gun has a few new tricks that we have been wanting for a while. Like an internal auto trigger,a cartridge style valve system, no pin slot in the top, no bolt pin, a shorter tighter gun and a shorter reg , 14" barrel. And the o-ring detent which is one of the changes I like.

So, with these ideas we gave the project to Jared Hamilton ( Q-Loader Inventor) to wrap it all in an aluminium body and to use his skills to put into solid metal the things we wanted to see.

Everybody here was involved and was able to put in their 2 cents. This was definitely a TEAM project.

The project started in earnest around the 1st of the year. With a lot of overtime ,frayed nerves and a few set backs we were able to finish the gun just hours before the plane took off. We are still finishing a few parts as we speak.

The name has not been determined for the production model. The prototypes will be forever the J11 (Jared2011). We might call it the Series 7 to stay in line with our Series line of markers or we may let you guys name it. We have a long way to go for testing before we start the production models.

I'm sure it will have a few changes mostly minor functioning fits. Maybe some minor styling changes but for the most part it will look like you see it now.

Last edited by CCMachinist; 05-20-2011 at 04:51 PM.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to chillinspyder2

CCM Fan
I feel like it's a pretty drastic change (both internally and externally) to call it the S7.

Just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker-Monkey View Post
The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse would be pretending I am not excited.
MCB Feedback.
Old Feedback + New Feedback
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
I think the J11 works for a name. Its a big enough leap forward from the S series to warrant a new line.
If you want to make a really unique lineage, make the first production run J11 and then go back to S
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
This is why we come to you guys first. We don't want anybody to hold back.

We can take the pain.

Maybe we ought to take a poll.

keep it or dump it
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Wookie D*cks

I love the looks and engineering behind it, I just think it needs to be rounded off at the forward bottom of the body, and you should definitely show it off with a standard vert ASA, or at least a reg extender. The mini reg on the victory works fine because it still gives enough room to wrap your hand around. With the guide rod on this gun, you really can't wrap your hand around it at all. Despite what some people say about keeping your hand on the pump handle...that kills snapshooting ergonomics right off the bat.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
A Little Grainy

A poll would be good. I think we should call it the CCM Ares 11. And the 11 co-insides with the year, and you'll have to release a "new" marker every year that is actually the same gun with different milling. And every year or so, you can also release a limited edition marker with new features that become the standard on the next year's model.

Joking aside, I like the idea of it being the Ares. And to go with the standard CCM "one-letter-and-a-number" theme: The A11.

Edit: An included match-annoed reg extender would also be nice.
Supergyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunnies for life!!

CCM Fan
Let the J series rise

The J11 works for me, the S7 hmmmm. Not as much, I like the looks of the new design it is a change from the sculpted sniper look and the tube design of the T2. Leave the S series as the sniper series and the T series as the tube let this one be the start or continuation of the J series (other then the J2L)

Agreed it does look like a a space dildo, but I like some of those too(the guns not the dildos).

I think the styling makes it a great crossover for those that it appeals to. Granted I had a team mate pass out on me when I said the pumpstroke on a Phantom was like draggin dead weight across a beach. Point is different people will like different things, if that was the production model I would gladly sign up for the waiting list as it is shown (but in a different color, maybe dust silver with black accents,wink,wink)

Ebay Feedback
MCB Feedback
Jkoselka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Would you guys offer an option for the standard length regulator? Id like to see pictures of that and maybe one with a 45* frame. The internal changes sound like great changes to me.

MCB Feedback
u812many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to chillinspyder2

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
I love the looks and engineering behind it, I just think it needs to be rounded off at the forward bottom of the body, and you should definitely show it off with a standard vert ASA, or at least a reg extender. The mini reg on the victory works fine because it still gives enough room to wrap your hand around. With the guide rod on this gun, you really can't wrap your hand around it at all. Despite what some people say about keeping your hand on the pump handle...that kills snapshooting ergonomics right off the bat.
I dunno. It's great for people like me, whose hand never leaves the pump handle. And I still snapshoot fine. However, it might be sort of a catch 22 with the semi crowd though. You guys at CCM designed this gun with the semi players in mind, but those same players (in my mind) might get thrown off due to the lack of foregrip. Most of those guys use the regulator heavily in order to snapshoot, so this might be a drastic change instead of a gentle change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker-Monkey View Post
The hardest part about a zombie apocalypse would be pretending I am not excited.
MCB Feedback.
Old Feedback + New Feedback
chillinspyder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Congratulations CCM!
SeuDog is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM