mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 09-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
SS-25 Leaking

Well I picked up a beautiful blue and black SS-25 back in April, used it twice, lent it out once and then had it sit in a gear bag for about half a month. It worked well all 3 times it was used, no leaks, consistent, and under 300. However, every time I've aired it up since it's leaked horribly, mainly out of the trigger frame. I've tried giving it a good cleaning, replaced all the seals, made sure it was oiled, had Ryan of SSC look it over, and even put o-rings on all the set and frame screws (which stopped the leaking for the duration of that day). Somedays the leak goes away after a fair amount of struggling around with it, though it always returns the next time its aired up. The marker has a stock CCM reg, a boblong gear drive ASA, and an older style delrin valve pin. All other valve components look fine apart from anno rub on the valve body from the set screw. Any ideas on what the problem could be and suggestions to fix it?

Thanks!

Pbnation feedback
+8/-0

Pumps Inc.
Mr.sillyshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
What you have on it doesn't matter. Here is your issue.

There are three o-rings that are the trouble - OR it could be one screw.

The two o-rings on the ASA / VRA adapter have to be put in JUST SO - or they get cut.

Call CCM and get a handful of those o-rings and replace them. Lube the **** out of them with Hater Sauce or Dow (Sleek) and use a flat tip screw driver and SLOWLY re-insert that ASA / VRA into the body and guide the o-rings (with the screw driver) past the frame screw hole. JUst go slow and be careful - or they will leak out of that hole and into your grip frame. What happens is that the threads that are tapped in that hole LOVE to get little burs on them that chew the crap out of the front o-ring. Help it past by going slow and pushing it up as you slide it by.

While you are at it - when you take out the ASA / VRA assembly - look at the bottom of it and make sure it is not marred. If the front grip frame screw is too long it will mar this tube AND make it leak. Essentially it is shoving that portion of the ASA / VRA assembly too high in the bottom tube and making it leak. If you see a little circle inbetween the o-rings that is being caused by that front grip frame screw - use a file to take that screw down a few mil. Chase the threads with a dye and re-insert it.

The last culprit which is unlikely is the valve assembly screw. It is the screw you take out when you are trying to take out the valve. It has an o-ring on it too. Replace that and lube it up before re-inserting it.

In order of what I would check - those are your three main symptoms. While you are on the phone with CCM - get a new valve stem and take that farting peice of **** out of your gun.

Also - tell them you have an older SS25 - if I remember right - they remade the valve body - and you might as well replace that with the new one while you are in there.

I have had all three of these things happen to my old SS25 to make it leak in the grip frame. No fears though - it is fixable with a little patience and time.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Thank you very much for the help! I'll order the parts and give it a try as soon as I can.

Pbnation feedback
+8/-0

Pumps Inc.
Mr.sillyshot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM