mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #61 (permalink)

awww now i really do wish i got a T2 before college!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyorigin View Post
I am looking at it from a sales standpoint mostly. Most players are right handed and from what I have seen/heard, most look down the side to shoot. Not many right handed players with this sighting technique will want a left feed gun as it would be hard to shoot. Everyone always asks for the offset feeds but when it cones down to selling them, usually %30 of those that said "immagetmesommadat!" actually pony up and get one.
Magazine, not clip actually but that's trivial in this discussion.

I would venture to guess you're off on that. This is quite a bit different than the old right/left hopper feeds. With those you can still load a right feed hopper with the offhand. With this setup that isn't mechanically feasable. Anyone that's ever done a tactical reload of a firearm knows exactly what I'm talking about here. Your strong hand stays in the firing position at all times for quicker followup shots.

I know I wouldn't but it if it was rightside feed personally. It would be too awkward and i'd never use it. As it sits in prototype form I would sell my woodland S6 just to fund a t2 and one of these breeches.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
I know I wouldn't but it if it was rightside feed personally. It would be too awkward and i'd never use it. As it sits in prototype form I would sell my woodland S6 just to fund a t2 and one of these breeches.
Wow. Just Wow!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Wow. Just Wow!
Yep, you know how much I like that gun.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
That's just crazy talk Deuce, as a fellow woodland camo S6 owner, I am offended haha.

I see your point about reloading but if your using a 7round clip in the first place I woudn't think maintaining a higher ROF would be a big issue. Clip/magazine, you knew what I was talking about.

I am an open class shooter, and I doubt I will buy one of these to be honest, I would need to purchase a T2 and with my marker purchase schedule full for the next 6 months or so its not in my budget. I am just adding in some practical insight.

If someone could hit the magazine adaptor before the rest of you comes out of your chosen cover, they deserve to make that shot.

There is always the option to hold and rotate the marker so you could pull the clip with your left hand, shouldn't be too awkward unless you have shattered and had your wrist grafted back together. I just think a clear line of sight on your target is more important than ease of reloading, if reloading is that big of an issue, stick with a hopper. Reloading a traditional SC marker requires taking your gun away from the target, plus, who really holds that still while you reload to take more shots at them where keeping your marker perfectly still will make a difference?

I am not arguing, just helping to brainstorm on this topic, differentiating opinions often lead to good things.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:50 PM   #66 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Isn't the difference between a left and right fed body a difference of two mounting holes and a transfer port? I can't imagine it would be hard to flip it. That said, I think left feed should be the standard layout.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #67 (permalink)
Limited Paint Play Zealot

Left feed standard layout = good for the majority. While a bottom feed would be cool for everyone, I'm betting it would be much more expensive. For right now, left side feed looks like the best price/capability trade-off.

Crayzyorigin, Options are good, but forcing right feed on people is not the answer. I know what you are saying about experience sighting down the side... 2 things.

1) This is for fun. Competing you'd likely go the open class breech anyway. This wouldn't work for stock class events. So relax, have a good time with something new.

2) First Strike Trajectory. It's not the same as a 280-300fps paintball. Your years and years of experience-turned-instinct on the paintball trajectory don't exactly apply. It's close, but it's different enough that trying to sight it the same would likely cause your muscle memory more harm then sighting down the top with a sight zero'd in for first strikes.

EDIT .... apparently some are misreading my statements ... I'm not encouraging bottom feed design. I'm saying the current left feed is great for many reasons including price when compared to the expense of bottom feed. The left feed only needs a new small (i.e. low material cost) breach tube and magwell.
Tertiary: 2k2 Blue Shoebox Shocker / 16" .689 CP / 88-4500 Classic Maxflow / BluApache
+ too many ol' Shoebox Shockers for loaners.

Last edited by VooDooAddict; 12-10-2011 at 07:03 AM.
VooDooAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:34 AM   #68 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper duke View Post
Not to mention the FS round would have to rotate 90* to enter the breech.
The rotation isn't a big deal, but it does come with limitations....

In my experiments I found you're stuck with having to have the mag extend forward so the rounds can rotate towards their fronts. And of course this means custom mags, TPX or Tiberius mags won't work with the design.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #69 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
Left feed standard layout = good for the majority. While a bottom feed would be cool for everyone, I'm betting it would be much more expensive. For right now, left side feed looks like the best price/capability trade-off.

Crayzyorigin, Options are good, but forcing right feed on people is not the answer. I know what you are saying about experience sighting down the side... 2 things.

1) This is for fun. Competing you'd likely go the open class breech anyway. This wouldn't work for stock class events. So relax, have a good time with something new.

2) First Strike Trajectory. It's not the same as a 280-300fps paintball. Your years and years of experience-turned-instinct on the paintball trajectory don't exactly apply. It's close, but it's different enough that trying to sight it the same would likely cause your muscle memory more harm then sighting down the top with a sight zero'd in for first strikes.
hell, if they even do a bottom feed conversion. At minimum, doing a bottom feed conversion would require a longer bolt, a longer body that would incorporate a magwell and a new pump handle.
Only other way i can see a bottom feed is having the mag right side up an at the side of the marker feeding through some 90* channel into the breech. But that would be very awkward reloading off hand.

Last edited by -=ArchAngel=-; 12-10-2011 at 04:02 AM.
-=ArchAngel=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:51 AM   #70 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
I think the easiest bottom fed sheridan based gun would be just to flip the gun over. Trigger linkage would get funky, but maybe you could run the airline down along it into the new gripframe as well.
Or a super long bolt to clear the valve area.

I'd much prefer this T2 replacement body that Bill pictured.
dundadun is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM