mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #81 (permalink)
TANSTAAFL

CCM Fan
Just a thought, but would there be a way to add a detent to the system that counteracts the tipping of the round?
"WHY is that guy licking Criticals pants?"
My Feedback
Critical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:15 PM   #82 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooAddict View Post
Left feed standard layout = good for the majority. While a bottom feed would be cool for everyone, I'm betting it would be much more expensive. For right now, left side feed looks like the best price/capability trade-off.

Crayzyorigin, Options are good, but forcing right feed on people is not the answer. I know what you are saying about experience sighting down the side... 2 things.

1) This is for fun. Competing you'd likely go the open class breech anyway. This wouldn't work for stock class events. So relax, have a good time with something new.

2) First Strike Trajectory. It's not the same as a 280-300fps paintball. Your years and years of experience-turned-instinct on the paintball trajectory don't exactly apply. It's close, but it's different enough that trying to sight it the same would likely cause your muscle memory more harm then sighting down the top with a sight zero'd in for first strikes.

EDIT .... apparently some are misreading my statements ... I'm not encouraging bottom feed design. I'm saying the current left feed is great for many reasons including price when compared to the expense of bottom feed. The left feed only needs a new small (i.e. low material cost) breach tube and magwell.
I never said anything about making it right side only. I am not a right side clip fed T2 Nazi haha. I am just saying there will probably be a right side feed demand from someone like me, a "side sighter" without any FS round experience and likely would be shooting regular cheap paint out of it most of the time with the available field paint only fields.

Bottom feed on a T2 would basically be making a whole new gun. If I had a T2 still I would probably pick one of these up regardless but if there was a choice of left or right feed, I would go with right.

I am always plentifully relaxed.
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:50 PM   #83 (permalink)
Fluffy Bunny Pump

CCM Fan
ohhhhh I go away from the net for a few days cause of OT at work and you guys have new ideas for my baby...
war009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #84 (permalink)
Brass Mafia Wannabe

i got all excited because i thought it was bottom fed

but yet another unique idea from the great guys and gals at ccm
Leave me some feedback if you've dealt with me:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
artguy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #85 (permalink)
Rec Poster

perhaps a redesigned bolt? Tappered in slightly but with a flat tip? Slightly longer to acommodate the flat bottom and skirt?
ball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #86 (permalink)
Need to learn how to CNC

I'm not sure if this will help. But I had issues with the nose tipping when I modded my marker for first strike. So I used some bondo on the front of the follower to counter-act the forward tipping when loading. The metal clip also keeps the fins level during loading.

Here is the pic of my mod.

Here is how it looks compressed with FS on it.

I also had jamming issues at first. I replaced the normal spring with FS red (stronger) spring from a T9 mag. Having a stronger mag spring increased the reliability of the magazine.
jjron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 AM   #87 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I'll try a stronger spring first.

I have the new FS mags from Gunhead.

I have had a couple issues with them not related to the T2 adapter.

I can't get the follower to lock down in place. Could be my technique.Although I don't have any issue with the original TPX mags.

Also I discovered if you let go of the follower before it locks down when it hits home the little spring loaded floating button on the follower breaks the tabs from the inertia.
And that pretty much ends that mag. I could probably get a replacement but I just haven't bothered. I bought four mags to play with my projects.

They do work flawlessly in the TPX
Old 12-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
My thought here is if I can get it to work on the T2, I can get it to work on the SR1.
I like where you're going on that!

Quote:
It is pretty challenging. It feeds the paintballs really well but the FS wants to tip an jam. It feeds a couple then jams on the 3rd or 4th shot.

I turned the gun so the mag was vertical and it didn't jam.

So it seems FS is gravity sensitive even in a mag. So feed up or feed down might be the only way it works. I am sure they found this out developing the FN303. The drum mag is probably 100% reliable.

I have an idea on a stick mag but I thought i would take the easy way out by using existing mags.

I will try a stronger spring.That's the easiest thing to do to see if it solves the turning issue.
Quote:
I'll try a stronger spring first.

I have the new FS mags from Gunhead.

I have had a couple issues with them not related to the T2 adapter.

I can't get the follower to lock down in place. Could be my technique.Although I don't have any issue with the original TPX mags.

Also I discovered if you let go of the follower before it locks down when it hits home the little spring loaded floating button on the follower breaks the tabs from the inertia.
And that pretty much ends that mag. I could probably get a replacement but I just haven't bothered. I bought four mags to play with my projects.

They do work flawlessly in the TPX
1. I'm not familiar with these new TiPX F/S magazines but I wonder about the position of the follower withing the mag? In a Tiberius mag the follower and the spring button (to get the last round fully into the chamber) seemed to be positioned/biased towards the nose of the round, as well the top of the mag is angled up on the nose end of the magazine. All of this would seem to indicate that the mag is designed to insert the round with a bias to nose. Is that the case with the TiPX mags?

2. Is there a detent in your system (within the chamber) and if so is it impeding how the round is seated within the chamber? I had an aftermarket Tiberius barrel that had the rubber detent inserted the wrong way and it always was keeping rounds from seating properly and jamming.

Just some thoughts. Don't know if it'll help, but keep up the awesome work!
box.cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:36 AM   #89 (permalink)

actually that brings up a good point. Have you thot of making T8/8.1 mag compatible with the mag-feed instead of the TPX mags?
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #90 (permalink)
Simple mind - beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBlack View Post
actually that brings up a good point. Have you thot of making T8/8.1 mag compatible with the mag-feed instead of the TPX mags?
This would be heavy and costly compared to the TPX mags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvik View Post
9 times out of 10, it's an electric razor. But sometimes...

it's a dildo.
Me Feedback
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM