mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 PM   #1131 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm902 View Post
So will I need an adapter to use a ac threaded barrel ?
I am looking to get hammerhead battle stick barrel and was wondering
if they were made with ac threading? If so what sizer should I get? The 686 is the one I am leaning towards?

We have thread in breaches for the AC threaded barrels. We can make them work with the shell sizers or no sizers.

We are not going to make breaches for every barrel thread.Unless of course there is a barrel that shoots 1" at a 100 yards.

I am shooting the HH 14" battle stick which is AC threaded. I feed the FS directly into this barrel.

It is a one shot, first shot hit everytime and everytime after that.

When people come over to the shop I let them shoot at the 70 yards mark. 5 shots 5 kills and they have never shot or even seen this gun before.

Last edited by CCMachinist; 05-28-2013 at 11:06 PM.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:55 PM   #1132 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adpool View Post
Bill,

Can one mill the "flutes" off of that shroud? I like the diamond milling one but I wouldn't swagger jack Donut and Dm. Next up would be the round milled shroud.
That is an off the shelf shroud. we will not be doing shrouds at this time.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #1133 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
it seems Bill is getting quite the line for a run of Rifle bodies. I personally admit it's surprising there's more people who are interested in making themselves known now than before

There are names I don't recognize.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1134 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
We have thread in breaches for the AC threaded barrels. We can make them work with the shell sizers or no sizers.

We are not going to make breaches for every barrel thread.Unless of course there is a barrel that shoots 1" at a 100 yards.

I am shooting the HH 14" battle stick which is AC threaded. I feed the FS directly into this barrel.

It is a one shot, first shot hit everytime and everytime after that.

When people come over to the shop I let them shoot at the 70 yards mark. 5 shots 5 kills and they have never shot or even seen this gun before.
Bill, I understand for the first run, you did the AC compatible adapter. For the second run SR-1, will you be using the same threading and same required adapter for aftermarket barrels? My preferred approach is being able to use aftermarket AC threaded barrels while maintaining the shell load/eject functionality. If this wont be possible with an off the shelf barrel, what modifications need to be done to said barrel to use the shell load/eject function?

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Chappy: "This is MCB, we don' task "why"."
Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #1135 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 View Post
Bill, I understand for the first run, you did the AC compatible adapter. For the second run SR-1, will you be using the same threading and same required adapter for aftermarket barrels? My preferred approach is being able to use aftermarket AC threaded barrels while maintaining the shell load/eject functionality. If this wont be possible with an off the shelf barrel, what modifications need to be done to said barrel to use the shell load/eject function?

Yes we will have it both ways.The shell system adds to the realism to the rifle.

Chris who is our designer and prototype guy likes to call it Real-sim not mil-sim.

This rifle gives you everything but the bang the kick and the smoke. But when you make it quite it gets pretty close to real.

Our old design co2 reg would let the co2 "smoke" out the bolt when you opened it. That was cool. But once we added a little more volume that ended that.

The new design breach will allow you to use shells with AC thread barrels without modding the barrel.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #1136 (permalink)
something.....

CCM Fan
So if you use an aftermarket ac threaded barrel you can't use the shell sizers ?
djm902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 AM   #1137 (permalink)
something.....

CCM Fan
never mind got my question answered .
djm902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:12 AM   #1138 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
We don't have a Db meter so I can't check it. At 70 yards I could hear almost nothing. But I am listening for it so that's not a fair assessment.
Not looking for decibels at this point. But if you're making the effort to hear it at that distance, and I'll assume it's relatively peaceful where you're at, then you must be invisible on the field. With talking and shooting going on no one is listening for a specific sound to come from you. Awesome.

On the note about the breaches for specific barrels, I like the option for your sr-1 barrel and an autococker compatible breach. I don't want to limit people's choices here but those two simplify what can be done. Choosing the autococker barrel over the shell insert for any occasion just means you have a preference on control bore performance for a specific configuration. While I like the smoothbore barrel, there are fsr compatible options that are proving more reliable than a standard barrel.

I've not had the chance to mess with a fsr barrel, watching videos has shown me tests that prove their effectiveness at range. Either ball on ball or minimizing the group at larger distances. I may pick one up to see how it does for me. Everyone with one that shoots fsr seem happy with it.

And just to put a bug in the ear, I'd love to have an endgame barrel. Mmm....rifled with a raincover.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Waiting on GoD.

CCM Fan
Like Donut, I would be interested in well in those barrel types. Maybe even the flutes one as well if you make a small run.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:31 AM   #1140 (permalink)
Ranger of the South

Setting the pieces in place...

So now that I'm committed, how many of you are not using rifled barrels? I have the smaller bores of a Freak set (0.679, 0.682, & 0.684) that I just picked up for my pumps after so many rollouts on both during our last outlaw game a couple of months ago and also have the complete Flasc control bore kit with the smallest barrel being 0.680 up to 0.693. Either of those should be in the FS friendly zone. I'm going to stop all paintball related purchases until this is in my hands and may need to sell a couple of the loaners, plus I have 3-4 shrouds just laying around from playing dress-up with my BT4s (loaners and all), so I hope I'll be set.

Bill, so a barrel will be included? It is rifled? If not it seems like the Hammerhead is the favorite for FS in general based on what I remember from trolling the Tib forums and a little on the ACES forum, besides the threads here.
Just trying to set all the pieces in place.

Thanks, All!

My MCB Feedback
longhornjake is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM