mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-28-2015, 04:13 PM   #361 (permalink)
Post Whore

I still want to see the 45 framed ones...
Old 01-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #362 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanT View Post
I still want to see the 45 framed ones...
If all goes well we should have two of those coming back from ano tomorrow.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:04 PM   #363 (permalink)
GRATEFUL DEAD-ly

CCM Fan
Bright Vs Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
CCM has said that they are going all the mid-block prototypes in gloss finish.

If they ever put the gun into production, I assume you'd be able to order whatever colors/finishes you want
Why No Dust Colored Mid-Blocks?????
I don't understand the Polished Color "Push" in the Mid Block Marker...
Based upon the history of sales of CCM markers (or at least what I have observed over a Number of Years of observing CCM markers sell.. especially "secondary sales") Wouldn't you think that Dust Black would be a POPULAR option in Sales on the Mid Block that is, if buyers had a choice?

In fact, I think that once Polished Finish isn't Forced on the buying public, Dust Black and Dust Colors will quickly dominate the percentage of markers ordered by individuals, like it seems to have for years.

Although the polished colors cost more on a "new CCM marker"...does it actually bring "that much" of a premium over basic black when it is resold?

I've observed lots of Want To Trade Posts offering "whatever color" CCM marker for a basic black CCM of same model or "WWT trade my "colored parts" for your dust black parts".

It would be very interesting to see an actual breakdown of the percentage of sales of CCM markers based solely on Polished finish vs Dust finish over the past 5 years. The J12 would likely be the single model of marker that would Not be a higher percentage of Dust. (Were the colors on the J12 dictated like the MidBlock?)

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE CCM, I think the Midblock is Incredible...I just think that if individuals could pick their own colors, the percentage of bright polished colors ordered would Drop Precipitously.

noclue...How did I do with my font choices?
WoodsBaller57...Playin' Pump with my New CCM J2 - Prototype #04!

I Love My J2 >>>

I TRUELY DESPISE what "Photobucket' has done to the forums.
They are Financially GOUGING individuals who have used the service for years or Killing Pictures and in doing so, Ruining the continuity of the forum.

See My Feedback https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...=Woodsballer57

Last edited by WoodsBaller57; 01-28-2015 at 10:22 PM.
WoodsBaller57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:44 PM   #364 (permalink)
MagMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsBaller57 View Post
Why No Dust Colored Mid-Blocks?????
I don't understand the Polished Color "Push" in the Mid Block Marker...
Based upon the history of sales of CCM markers (or at least what I have observed over a Number of Years of observing CCM markers sell.. especially "secondary sales") Wouldn't you think that Dust Black would be a POPULAR option in Sales on the Mid Block that is, if buyers had a choice?

In fact, I think that once Polished Finish isn't Forced on the buying public, Dust Black and Dust Colors will quickly dominate the percentage of markers ordered by individuals, like it seems to have for years.

Although the polished colors cost more on a "new CCM marker"...does it actually bring "that much" of a premium over basic black when it is resold?

I've observed lots of Want To Trade Posts offering "whatever color" CCM marker for a basic black CCM of same model or "WWT trade my "colored parts" for your dust black parts".

It would be very interesting to see an actual breakdown of the percentage of sales of CCM markers based solely on Polished finish vs Dust finish over the past 5 years. The J12 would likely be the single model of marker that would Not be a higher percentage of Dust. (Were the colors on the J12 dictated like the MidBlock?)

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE CCM, I think the Midblock is Incredible...I just think that if individuals could pick their own colors, the percentage of bright polished colors ordered would Drop Precipitously.

noclue...How did I do with my font choices?
No idea, dude. I was just re-posting information that CCM posted on page 2 of this thread. 30 guns, all polished, no color or serial number choices. Some are selling as quick as 3 minutes, and I don't think any have lasted a full day yet. I'm sure if they did all dust black markers they'd sell just as well, but it's tough to tell when whatever colors they put out are being scooped up as fast as possible anyways.

Also- different colors aren't there to add resale value, they are there to give their owners a little extra bit of appreciation for their marker, as well as a bit of individuality. I think polishing costs more because it takes longer to create a polished finish. Obviously polished vs dust finish is user-preference. I agree dust black would look sick and that it's a very popular paintball gun color choice.

Fonts look great, as well
ScottyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:56 PM   #365 (permalink)
MCB Member

WoodsBaller57 troll much?

Moses688_Feedback
Moses688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:00 PM   #366 (permalink)
GRATEFUL DEAD-ly

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
No idea, dude. I was just re-posting information that CCM posted on page 2 of this thread. 30 guns, all polished, no color or serial number choices. Some are selling as quick as 3 minutes, and I don't think any have lasted a full day yet. I'm sure if they did all dust black markers they'd sell just as well, but it's tough to tell when whatever colors they put out are being scooped up as fast as possible anyways.

Also- different colors aren't there to add resale value, they are there to give their owners a little extra bit of appreciation for their marker, as well as a bit of individuality. I think polishing costs more because it takes longer to create a polished finish. Obviously polished vs dust finish is user-preference. I agree dust black would look sick and that it's a very popular paintball gun color choice.

Fonts look great, as well

Scotty
Definitely NOTTTTT Not Not pointed at you!!!

Asking WHOLE Forum based upon choice of Polished vs Dust?

I Love My J2 >>>

They are Financially GOUGING individuals who have used the service for years or Killing Pictures and in doing so, Ruining the continuity of the forum.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:04 PM   #367 (permalink)
GRATEFUL DEAD-ly

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses688 View Post
WoodsBaller57 troll much?
Not Trolling. Not Pointed at Scotty!!!
Looking For opinions on Polished Vs Dust ONLY (or lack there of)

Fair Enough????

I Love My J2 >>>

Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 PM   #368 (permalink)

I might be game for the "ugly" blue/green/gold :-)
chylly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:55 AM   #369 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Not Trolling. Not Pointed at Scotty!!!
Looking For opinions on Polished Vs Dust ONLY (or lack there of)

Fair Enough????

Alright, fair enough. I could make some guesses as to why they did gloss only for the prototypes, but I have no direct knowledge.

Why not start a gloss vs dust thread instead of dropping an essay in this one?

Moses688_Feedback
Moses688 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:25 AM   #370 (permalink)
MagMan

Quote:
Scotty
Definitely NOTTTTT Not Not pointed at you!!!

Asking WHOLE Forum based upon choice of Polished vs Dust?
Gotcha. No worries, my man.

I like polished better, but I also like dust
ScottyBeans is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM