mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-14-2014, 04:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

T2 not cocking / Hammer malfunctioning

Hello all, yesterday I took my T2 to the field and it was working perfectly all day. As I put it away I noticed the gun would not cock after pumping it. The hammer would not catch. I adjusted the lug a little and got it to cock a few times but it stopped cocking altogether once again. I'm really worried because on my pump team, where everyone owns a 6.5 or a T2, not a single one of them had ever encountered a similar problem. I can't even see the part where the hammer is supposed to catch anymore. I was going to take off the frame and see if there was a problem with the sear but I noticed that the frame screws weren't even aligned with the holes anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ghc62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

Look underneath the market and see if you can visually see the screws that attach the frame and the lower tube. If not, your frame has shifted back and the sear won't catch the hammer, I press the frame forward by pressing it against a table with a cloth, if you do see the screws then I'm not sure.
Mask : Cubix Red Dye i4's
Previous Markers : Spyder MR100, Spyder Fenix, Invert Mini V3, Tippmann A5, Dangerous Power G4, Planet Eclipse Geo Plus, Empire Sniper, Empire Axe, Ego 10, WGP Karnivor Pump, Darted Ego 11, CCM S6.
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidke View Post
Look underneath the market and see if you can visually see the screws that attach the frame and the lower tube. If not, your frame has shifted back and the sear won't catch the hammer, I press the frame forward by pressing it against a table with a cloth, if you do see the screws then I'm not sure.
I can see the screws, but it seems that they are slightly hidden by the frame. Should I just try forcing the frame back to the proper position?
Old 12-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
yeah, giving it a bump with your hand should probably be enough, if the frame screws got lose, and the frame shifted out of position, it will cause you all the troubles your describing

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

What I did was try to move it with my hand but it only moved a little bit, I pressed the top of the regulator adapter in a counter and pushed on it to shift the frame back into place. After it shifts you will be able to see the screws again. When you do, put them back in with a drop of loctite but not too much in case you need to take it off again
Mask : Cubix Red Dye i4's
Previous Markers : Spyder MR100, Spyder Fenix, Invert Mini V3, Tippmann A5, Dangerous Power G4, Planet Eclipse Geo Plus, Empire Sniper, Empire Axe, Ego 10, WGP Karnivor Pump, Darted Ego 11, CCM S6.
Schmidke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCD Member

Make sure it's blue loctite, not red.
Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

I tried to press the bottom and top frames towards each other but they didn't budge. I can't fit the 1/8th inch allen key into the screws that remove the top tube/frame from the trigger/grip frame. I'm not the original owner of the T2 so I'm guessing that the warranty doesn't transfer over so I can't send it to CCM to fix... I'm really at a loss of what to do... if I can't get the frame apart then I can't really see what is causing the hammer to act as it is. Here are a few pictures to maybe help show my issue:

As you can see, the hammer indentation is COMPLETELY gone from sight, and its probably hiding under the top tube. I have no idea what made it move that far forward, but there is no way I can figure it out without getting the frames apart.

Will CCM still allow me to send my marker to them for a fee if I don't have the warranty?

Last edited by ghc62; 12-15-2014 at 01:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2014, 01:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
We will still service a marker even if it does not have a warranty but give us a call first. This looks like something that can be fixed without having to send it in.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 03:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

It looks like your hammer rotated and is sitting sideways i would take the back cap off and remove the ivg and that hammer looks like it should just fall out check out socrates jones on youtube for great videos on dissasembling ccm markers
ballinempire47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Call and talk to Rod our tech, he’ll be more than happy to help.
M-F 7am to 3:30pm PST 1-877-412-6850

Thank you,
Mel @ CCM
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM