mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Silly CCM J2 Questions

Hey all, I just bought this CMM J2 https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...ar-ccm-j2.html and I know nothing about it. I've seen the J2L but never this milling. I was looking for a full bodied pump and this was just a touch over my budget but I jumped on it anyways. It's my first CCM and my first full bodied pump so I'm pretty excited! Plan on blacking it out so I have some silly questions

- I want to replace the vasa, will any of the 2K ones fit? I'm thinking about this one - Dye Autococker Vertical ASA 2K - Polished Black

- The feedneck is too tall for my taste. Does this take the standard CCM threads? And which of CCM's feednecks is the lowest profile?

- Where can I find wire detents for this old gal? I'd like to have some spares on hand

Thanks for the help in advance. Can't wait to get this one just right! I think it's going to have a Velociraptor look to it after I black it out and throw on an 86 frame along with a Lurker barrel.

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
The VASA should work. I believe that these J2 bodies use Angel threaded feednecks but double check with Mel. CCM also used to sell the wire detents, I know I bought some from them.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM still sells wire detents. I believe they are listed on their Ebay store but I am sure a call to Mel or emails with Laurie would take care of that.

I think that the feednecks were Angel threaded as well but I would ask, just in case.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mel
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson677 View Post
Hey all, I just bought this CMM J2 https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...ar-ccm-j2.html and I know nothing about it. I've seen the J2L but never this milling. I was looking for a full bodied pump and this was just a touch over my budget but I jumped on it anyways. It's my first CCM and my first full bodied pump so I'm pretty excited! Plan on blacking it out so I have some silly questions

- I want to replace the vasa, will any of the 2K ones fit? I'm thinking about this one - Dye Autococker Vertical ASA 2K - Polished Black

- The feedneck is too tall for my taste. Does this take the standard CCM threads? And which of CCM's feednecks is the lowest profile?

- Where can I find wire detents for this old gal? I'd like to have some spares on hand

Thanks for the help in advance. Can't wait to get this one just right! I think it's going to have a Velociraptor look to it after I black it out and throw on an 86 frame along with a Lurker barrel.
PM sent.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Sweet pick up. I was watching that one as well. You should send the entire thing out and have it anoed or cerokote it. I had one of my guns done for $175 in a custom cerokote came out real nice for the money. It would be cheaper then replacing parts with matching stuff. Just a thought, Cerokote it all black. Single color jobs are even cheaper ($125) and the finish is durable and a has a nice dust look to it.

https://www.facebook.com/Downrange.Designs.Cerakote
https://www.downrange-designs.com/

OD green with a dessert sand Camo pattern ghosted in. Picks don't do it justice.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 12-18-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

PPS Fan
Mel, you are just fantastic. Thank you so much for the help.

Thanks Mr Idiot Box, I'll probably have it all annoed or cerokoted next year. I had a Vapor that was cerokoted and I really liked the finish it had, seemed very durable. Before that happens though I want to have an 86 frame on it and a much lower rise feedneck to get the look and feel I'm going for. I'll probably keep the thin 45 grip for a future build so it won't be wasted money really, I've always wanted a CCM'ed 2K5 Superstock. I was actually looking for one until I saw this J2, should be a good conversation piece at my field!

My Feedback!
ajohnson677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

I sold mine and regret it.

It was undrilled too.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM