mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

CCM S5 timing rod issue

I've got a CCM S5 mech with an 86 degree hinge frame, belsales hollowpoint, and a J2 style VASA. I keep having a problem with my timing rod being too loose and binding since the VASA is the cutaway style that doesnt hold the rod in place.

Any thoughts to fix it?
Rob.phifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Do you have any extra length to the timing rod coming out the other side of the trigger plate?

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

you can throw one of those tiny wire holders from home depot for running exterior wires on there, use the front grip frame screw to attach it. they don't look awesome but they work well enough.
Washington reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Currently no extra timing rod length on the part that goes through the trigger.

Thats not a bad idea Washington I may try that out. Thanks.

I know Belsales used to make something like what you descibe but I havent been able to find any for sale.

Getting a timing rod that has more length and using small orings might be an option also if there is a timing rod you guys recommend for that.
Old 01-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

the ANS ones are pretty long
Washington reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Ok so the update:

I was originally using a stock WGP timing rod and collar which would either hang sorta loose away from the frame or if i bumped it get pushed into the frame and bind causing the trigger to stick back.

I purchased a lapco timing rod and collar which is a thinner rod with a longer piece that goes through the trigger. I noticed immediately when i bumped it towards the frame it wouldnt bind like the WGP rod would. (I suspect because it is thinner) since it was longer I also put a small oring on the end that goes through the trigger to stop it from falling away from the frame and hanging loose. I've specifically tried to bind it unsuccessfully by bumping the timing rod.

So for anyone having this issue with their CCM hinge get a Lapco timing rod and collar. Best $8 I've spent in paintball.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)

reviving an old thread, I am currently restoring a J2 mech with a 45 hinge frame, J2 VASA and CCM 3-way. The CCM 3-way shaft/coupler are one piece and I was missing the timing rod.

I found lapco's timing rod to be the right length but as Rob mentioned it does fall out of the frame if the marker is tilted to the side, the rod is a bit thinner. I will consider trying a small o-ring on the end to keep it in place.

The inception timing rods currently available would be ideal, since I tested it and the diameter is just right for the CCM hinge/triggerplate, however the 2.75" full body rod was about 0.2" too short to work.

I am considering using the 3.55" rod from Inception and cutting it down but I don't know how much thread will remain for the coupler since I don't have it in hand.
zookini89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
DIRTBAGS

CCM Fan
Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM