mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-07-2015, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

CCM Fan
To those who use 12 grams on their s6.5

Questions about the twelve gram, I bet others who use them can chime in with good info so any one welcome to answer.

I'm looking to make my s6.5 stock class. I personally don't know much about regulators enough to tell the functionality difference between HPA and CO2 regulators if there is any.

1. is the stock s6.5 reg efficient with a 12gram?
2. High pressure reg or low pressure reg (I believe I know this one, but I thought id ask anyway)?
3. any one know of a good CO2 regulator for 12grams given stock isnt?
4. i guess this would be a good first question but w/e. does a 12 gram even need a reg?
Genhubcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

You can probably use a 12g changer screwed into the on/off and not mess with the reg too much. Co2 is in the 800+ range and those guns run closer to 300-400psi (mid range?) so without messing with the internals, a reg is necessary.

I don't know offhand if the CCM regs have pressure relief or how co2 friendly the seals and stuff are so that might be a mild concern.

Can't answer efficiency as I don't own one and haven't done it but from reading other threads it looks like decent results (30 shots?). I know splatttt and some folks did some testing a while back on regulated snipers with 12gs and found they were actually quite efficient / consistent. I think the conclusion was that regulated was the way to go in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum

Last edited by MaD; 05-07-2015 at 08:58 PM.
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tinkerer

CCM Fan
You will need a reg with your stock ccm. The stock reg will work fine with a 12 gram, there isn't enough liquid to cause any concern. The way the regulator is designed, it won't spike if the input pressure goes up. Just hook up your changer to the stock asa and go with it. You won't exactly be shooting fast enough with stock class to freeze anything up ever.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Thank you Mad and Dano. seems that i just need a 12 gram adapter.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
X member

Palmers Pursuit makes a 12gram CART Regulator. It's a mini reg / bucket changer combo that you can attach in place of the CCM reg. Keeps the changer located in a more traditional VSC orientation if that's important to you.

I have one on my 6.5 that I will be trying for the first time next weekend. In backyard testing I got 30 shots per 12 gram.

There are a couple of quirky features that may prove annoying.
The reg is adjustable, but the adjustment is located on the top of the reg (that screws into the marker) so you need to put the reg on, test, take the reg off and blow through as many 12 grams as needed, repeating the process to adjust the reg settings.
I initially thought my reg was defective because the marker would not fire, but after the 4th cartridge change, making 1 full turn on the reg each time, it started shooting. A couple cartridges later I had it dialed in. Hopefully it needs no further tweaking once set.
The other issue is the bucket changer isn't my favorite. Takes a few more twists than some others and sometimes turning the bucket loosens the reg instead. Might get better when broken in more. We'll see.

Those concerns aside, seems like a viable option if it all works properly. There are surprisingly few reviews of the CART reg so I am not sure how others feel about them. I'll update how it performs after next weekends festivities.

feedback
TheYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
MaD
MCB Member

Tracker has a pic of a similar setup here:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post2663660

For a 12g bucket changer I'd suggest a CCI. They're aggressively threaded so they only take a couple turns, the top is shorter than most others and they've gotten pretty cheap. Plus Mike is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senghing27
ooops
Note: While I would love to take credit for his work, I am not associated with Mad Customs!
You can contact BigMatt-MadCustoms in his MCB forum
MaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoda View Post
Palmers Pursuit makes a 12gram CART Regulator. It's a mini reg / bucket changer combo that you can attach in place of the CCM reg. Keeps the changer located in a more traditional VSC orientation if that's important to you.

I have one on my 6.5 that I will be trying for the first time next weekend. In backyard testing I got 30 shots per 12 gram.

There are a couple of quirky features that may prove annoying.
The reg is adjustable, but the adjustment is located on the top of the reg (that screws into the marker) so you need to put the reg on, test, take the reg off and blow through as many 12 grams as needed, repeating the process to adjust the reg settings.
I initially thought my reg was defective because the marker would not fire, but after the 4th cartridge change, making 1 full turn on the reg each time, it started shooting. A couple cartridges later I had it dialed in. Hopefully it needs no further tweaking once set.
The other issue is the bucket changer isn't my favorite. Takes a few more twists than some others and sometimes turning the bucket loosens the reg instead. Might get better when broken in more. We'll see.

Those concerns aside, seems like a viable option if it all works properly. There are surprisingly few reviews of the CART reg so I am not sure how others feel about them. I'll update how it performs after next weekends festivities.
to set it, i used a dummy 12 gram with a macro fitting out the bottom, and a reg tester on the top, beats burning a 12 gram every time, and i can cuncur that, if the bucket is cranked in, you will unscrew the reg from the Vertical adapter a lot more often than you want to.. id mention to craig a couple of improvements to the design, one he took (wrench flats to be able to seperate the reg housing), the other he did not find necessary (locking collar like on a karnivor reg)

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 08-05-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

CCM Fan
Can anyone recommend any springs for the CCM s6.5 while running CO2?

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM