mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 11-07-2015, 07:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

My buffer tube is 6061. Not sure how it stacks up. But i don't plan on bashing the gun.

I used my SSr at the field today. We had to chrony down to 265 . I had to re familiarize myself with it traveling that slow. I got a total of 3 eliminations using fsr and am happy with them despite the massive chrony limitation.

Even took a little spill. It kept trucking. I'm happy with this rifle I gotta say. I'll hit another field that lets me shoot at 300 and I'll have another report back.

Last edited by Donut SD; 11-07-2015 at 07:58 PM.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
265 fps. might as well be shooting nerf guns. Guess we better not be saying that to loud.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
.67cal Buwwets!

CCM Fan
The biggest difference I have seen with 6061 vs 7075 is for thread wear. 7075 is better at not shearing and premature wear in a thread but as far as actual strength goes, the difference is marginal really. If your gonna break a 6061 buffer tube, a 7075 will also break. 7075 just deals with friction better.

Great looking rifles so far guys, I especially dig the CQB SSR, nice work BOS!
crazyorigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
ҿ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
What riser and scope is that? How's it treating you?

sights/optics are pretty much the last thing I need to finish my SSR, but I'm clueless on this.
splat15k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Tiberius scope with a 4X fixed zoom and Tiberius adjustable riser. It gets the job done. The eye relief is small on the scope, I have to bring my mask almost right on the scope to get a sight picture.

I'm saving a bit for a smaller riser and an HHA adjustable riser. I was checking out reviews and such and it seems to match this platform quite well. The wheel tapes will help accommodate for the FPS of the round you're using.

Some people rave about hawke optics too. I may get the crossbow one with the marked ranges in the crosshairs. Should make for better compensation on the fly, rather than just dots on a line in the Tiberius scope.

Those products I'm hoping to get cost a lot more than the Tiberius ones I own which can be had for considerably less money. I don't have a lot of trigger time as others do, but I will say if you want to just get shooting then find what you like at reasonable prices like the Tiberius parts. Bill posted a link with super affordable risers as well.

The downside to only two magazines right now is finding a nice quiet spot to refill when I'm not handloading on the fly.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
ҿ

Oh man those Hawke scopes look like they might be perfect; thanks! Still many to choose from.

Hawke Optics | Crossbow-Scopes
splat15k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
This looks like a pretty good buy. I have never bought from them before but,I'll take a $100 chance. The thing to watch for is the information they give you about the product. This site specifically calls out 7075 (this is good) as the material it's made from. Plus it's made in the USA.(stated in one of the reviews)

Mil Spec Buffer Tube Kit - Heavy Duty
Bill, I bought this based on your post, and it's real nice. Plus I bought their adjustable butt stock and the combo is perfect. Pics soon!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Chappy: "This is MCB, we don' task "why"."
Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:56 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
I think I will pick up a couple of them. Just the tube alone is $25 in other brands. You get the nut,plate,spring/buffer as a bonus.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:39 PM   #19 (permalink)

CCM Fan
After all the testing which barrel, length, and bore size did you find to work the best regardless of price.
ShaDe X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 03:21 PM   #20 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

Everyone has their preference for that specifically. I ran with a 14" hammerhead and an m50 tip, because that tip looks nice. I sort of want a 16" barrel because the 14" seems a bit short for my setup.

I chose hammerhead because the inner diameter accommodated the fsr a little better. I hear the lapco ones can run a bit tight. 683 or so? I think the ID for hammerheads was 686 at the bore, and 688 at the rifling. I could be wrong. I've yet to use the hammerhead adapter Bill has supplied as I've been using a 686 sizer.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM