mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 08-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #481 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
Some airsoft parts are not compatible. I had to modify a delta ring to get it to fit. Also some china made parts will not fit.
Buying quality made parts will give you the highest return if you sell them later.

This is good enough for what you need. And it is made in the USA.
https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Da...be_p_5502.html
Thanks for the answer, the thing is than I live south of the border, so my local authorities aren't willing to allow real AR parts in here, that's why I have to look for airsoft parts
Isra999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 11:47 AM   #482 (permalink)
Pump Fiction#86 BaBa YaGa

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Does anyone in the great north own one of these either model cause i want one but not sure how Canadian Customs will treat it.

CLICK>> Feedback - Wish List - Sale/Trade - Patch Sale
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:37 AM   #483 (permalink)
Bubble bubble...

I've flown with mine. I let the person at the ticket desk know I was travelling with realistic looking gear, and they passed me along to the Oversized/special baggage area. The Xray tech's eyes got big when he saw it and said he needed to verify it. Other than that, no issues.

Getting it through the mail took a little longer than a normal marker, but it made it through no problem. Worse than the marker itself was the furniture. I had to sign paperwork before it could even be sent to Canada. I recommend finding a local gunsmith and getting furniture there. I was told I couldn't get a Magpul pistol grip up here. I walked into my local gun shop, grabbed one off the wall, and walked out 5 minutes later.
If the 'gh' in enough is pronounced 'f', the 'o' in women as a short 'i' sound, the 'ti' in nation as 'sh', and the 'i' in radio is pronounced as an 'ee' sound, then technically: "Ghotii" is pronounced "Fishy"
My Feedback

Last edited by Fishy; 08-29-2017 at 01:44 AM.
Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #484 (permalink)
Negative

New plan for my SSR:

Hope to modify an Archangel stock to screw onto the AR grip, and somehow mount the fore-end.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:01 PM   #485 (permalink)

I have this rifle, and want to update it with smart hd scope. I read many top picks and want device from ATN, many good reviews about this brand. For example ATN X-SIGHT II HD 3-14x day & night rifle scope has good characteristics. What can you say about it?
Vezaju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #486 (permalink)
MCB Member

here's where I ended up:

looking at adding a runcam2 with zoom lens sometime soon.
Old 06-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #487 (permalink)
VCP

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
looking at adding a runcam2 with zoom lens sometime soon.
<Shameless Plug>

If you go with a GoPro Hero Session I sell these holders to mount the camera to the picatinny rails.

</Shameless Plug>
secretweaponevan ~ "That wasn't in the instructions. Don't try to outsmart physics. Read and follow the instructions."
secretweaponevan ~ "You did great with following the instructions. Just so you know, that puts you in the top 1%."
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:55 PM   #488 (permalink)
Negative

Dragunov SSR in progress. Puts my eye dead on in the scope, no need to scrunch over.
Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #489 (permalink)

I wanted to try messing with the SSR with .68 paintballs. So today, , I figured I finally try swapping out the spring in one of the lightweight mags so I could maybe use regular .68 paint in it. The spring I used was the feed spring from an Empire Sniper stock class feed stick that came with the marker. The length was longer on the empire stock class feed spring but was fairly light.

Results: it worked-kind of. 3 problems I ran into, but it did feed and shoot fairly well. I was able to feed 5 out the 6 I was able to fit.

I loaded the paintballs, and 6 fit in the mag. Now problem 1- about 6 fit in the mag but nothing is holding the paintball that is closest to breach top of the mag so if not careful, paintballs will just fall right on out either front hole or back with the spring pushing it.

The 2nd problem was that obviously no notch or ball detent to prevent the balls from rolling back and out from the open slot.

Last problem, couldn’t feed the last ball in magazine. The White Delrin block that pushed the paintballs got stuck, and I figured this was the spring I used.

Overall it was a fun experiment, I get that the marker was for FSR only-mags and all but I mean if CCM ever figure out the correct spring and maybe some slight tweaks to the magazine (possibly in future if they ever wanted to revisit it), could be a dual paint shooter with little modification (?)

Anyone else mess with this? I just wanted to try something out.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #490 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flonominal View Post
Overall it was a fun experiment, I get that the marker was for FSR only-mags and all but I mean if CCM ever figure out the correct spring and maybe some slight tweaks to the magazine (possibly in future if they ever wanted to revisit it), could be a dual paint shooter with little modification (?)

A possible fix the for the issues you experienced be as simple as a new magazine follower (to feed the last round/ maybe the like in the Zeta mags), as for the first two issues, something like a magazine cap (again, refer to the zeta mags) or a magazine pouch specifically shaped for these magazines could keep the paintball in place long enough for you to insert it.

Just a couple thoughts that spurred into my head as I read this.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM