mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011

Bolt action T2 sled design

So I had the crazy idea of putting a T2 body into a KP-style stock using a modified trigger mechanism. I figured if T2 frames could fit on Sheridans, the opposite could be done relatively easily without having to modify the body. I could just buy a KP but this is more fun to build and I already have a T2 on hand. Here's what I've come up with so far for the actual bolt action part of it - thinking about 3d printing it to test it out.

(click to see full res)









The bolt knob just screws into a cylinder that rotates freely within the sled. The knob probably has to be lengthened to properly slot into a notch in the stock so it can lock in place but that's an easy fix. What do you guys think? Anyone have some advice as to how I can improve the design? Thanks!

Last edited by DCx7; 02-23-2016 at 11:58 AM.
DCx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mar
pwisan
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006

Brass and Wood Fan
yeah, so amazing.

your CAD designs are amazing. Do it. I like a slight bend in the bolt (keep it out of your line of sight a little more)

If you are successful with this you will be a hero among men.

The other possibility (than using a KP style trigger group) would be to butcher an inexpensive Sheridan frame, a-la WALZ, and make a trigger group in his fashion.

Please keep us updated. Imagine: a cocker threaded, aluminum bodied, cocker valved pirate/rifle... ugh!!!!!! SO NICE!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011

Thank you for the kind words! I'm relatively new to CAD and it really means a lot to hear that. I contacted WALZ to see if he had any ideas of how this could be attached to a stock but he's busy until later in the year. In the mean time I got this to work on.

I'll definitely try to update this when I get any progress done. As you said, just the thought of having something as refined as a CCM in a nice wood stock is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
yeah, so amazing.

your CAD designs are amazing. Do it. I like a slight bend in the bolt (keep it out of your line of sight a little more)

If you are successful with this you will be a hero among men.

The other possibility (than using a KP style trigger group) would be to butcher an inexpensive Sheridan frame, a-la WALZ, and make a trigger group in his fashion.

Please keep us updated. Imagine: a cocker threaded, aluminum bodied, cocker valved pirate/rifle... ugh!!!!!! SO NICE!
DCx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mar
pwisan
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCx7 View Post
Thank you for the kind words! I'm relatively new to CAD and it really means a lot to hear that. I contacted WALZ to see if he had any ideas of how this could be attached to a stock but he's busy until later in the year. In the mean time I got this to work on.

I'll definitely try to update this when I get any progress done. As you said, just the thought of having something as refined as a CCM in a nice wood stock is awesome.
attaching a T2 to the stock could be the easiest part. The trigger group will occupy or cover the rear grip frame mount, so you will still have the forward hole to use. Now, that being said it is a finer screw than I like, and farther forward than I like in a stock, but it works for the KPMI markers. I would be tempted to use a (whatever size) grub screw, and JB weld it into a larger nut coupler, for the bolt to hold it to the body (if you know what I mean, make your own stand-off if that's what they're called)
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Mar
pwisan
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006

Brass and Wood Fan
or they may have a reducer/coupler nut in the right sizes.... didn't even know they made these:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cater...9HpgKXxfeyM%3A
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011

Yeah I get what you mean for the front screw mount.
The "male-female threaded hex standoffs" on the top right would probably work well for that. Using the pump handle guide rod as an extra point of security for attaching the two might be good aswell.

Maybe I'll find a cheap stock to cut up and see how it all fits. I'll probably end up sending it to WALZ anyways for a nice custom one. The T2 top tube is raised up and has a gap with the lower tube so I feel like that would look strange in a standard stock. He could probably find a way to get around this by covering it up with the stock.

I also put a bit of curvature into the bolt knob. How's this look?

DCx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky
 
Mr Idiot Box's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
How are you going to keep the bolt forward when firing on a T2? Looks cool T2 is a bit of an expensive marker to start with. Right feed body cut for FS would be sick!
Mr Idiot Box is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Slappadapink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

This is an exciting idea. Really looking forward to this. Ccm in walz/mar wood is making my pants dance.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
I'm waiting for Walz. If you're going to do something do it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Just fyi everyone the answer is stock class for all questions related to paintball and to solve all paintball related problems except carbon emissions because we gotta use those 12 grams.

Double FYI for paintball rules there should be no "offer" of surrender, its either mandatory surrender at X distance when guy is behind you or no surrender and you get shot in the booty. "offer" of surrender makes for some ridiculous and dangerous john woo tactics.
Feedback
Slappadapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mar
pwisan
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCx7 View Post
Yeah I get what you mean for the front screw mount.
The "male-female threaded hex standoffs" on the top right would probably work well for that. Using the pump handle guide rod as an extra point of security for attaching the two might be good aswell.

Maybe I'll find a cheap stock to cut up and see how it all fits. I'll probably end up sending it to WALZ anyways for a nice custom one. The T2 top tube is raised up and has a gap with the lower tube so I feel like that would look strange in a standard stock. He could probably find a way to get around this by covering it up with the stock.

I also put a bit of curvature into the bolt knob. How's this look?

https://i.imgur.com/F9jT8jn.png
that looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
How are you going to keep the bolt forward when firing on a T2? Looks cool T2 is a bit of an expensive marker to start with. Right feed body cut for FS would be sick!
It is the perfect platform - they are overpriced (used) as hell right now, which is too bad. but at the $400 they used to go for, a fair competitor to the horribly inneficient KP2, with fixed barrel, and harder to work on parts. Right feed with a custom springfeed, cram and jam, and elbow... or just leave it off for single loading!
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
HI = A Pumper's Paradise
 
808raoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Aiea, HI
Send a message via AIM to 808raoul

Very cool idea. If you decide to make, I would love to pick up one to try out.
__________________
MCB Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Anybody gots to sell:
-CCM S5 Vert ASA (any color)
-CCM 3-way (silver)
-Line SI Bushmaster Pointman handle
808raoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC