mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-16-2017, 10:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

For what it’s worth, I hand load the ssr. I use magazines for when I know I might be in a tight spot.

I’ve hand loaded regular paint into the magazine with the bolt open. If you’re playing single shot like that I’ve been just fine. You only have the paintball in there long enough to be pushed into the barrel. It’s nice for when you’re wanting to goof about or not waste an fsr on a close range shot.

Don’t tell Bill I’m loading regular paint.....
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut SD View Post
For what its worth, I hand load the ssr. I use magazines for when I know I might be in a tight spot.

Ive hand loaded regular paint into the magazine with the bolt open. If youre playing single shot like that Ive been just fine. You only have the paintball in there long enough to be pushed into the barrel. Its nice for when youre wanting to goof about or not waste an fsr on a close range shot.

Dont tell Bill Im loading regular paint.....

lol,

I tested the SR1 with paintballs. I have a couple you tube videos where I am shooting at 50 yards and it acts just like a paintball gun.

There was reasoning behind calling the rifles first strike only. A paintball sniper rifle doesn't make paintballs anymore accurate than any other paintball gun. The SR1 would just become a big awkward single shot paintball gun. But with first strike it becomes a sniper rifle.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
is my hero

PPS Fan
Makes perfect sense. The reason for my question is that I play at several fields that don't allow FS rounds so I want to know if it can shoot paintballs to understand how I'll use the marker before making a purchase. I think it would rock for those giant games and scenarios as (in my experience) you're usually stuck in a line shooting off into space with not much idea if you hit anything which kinda makes for a boring day to be honest. Its really hard to flank and make moves in big games without getting a case of paint dumped on you from all directions.

So - buying a SSR to use two to three times a year vs using it all year at any field is input into my buying decision. Paintball mags with lesser spring tensions could be a big plus but single shot style is just fine for my play style too.

Feedback thread: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Buying Bankruptcy Kits

It’s totally worth it. I haven’t gone to many events because of work this year, but my favorite was tet offensive at SC village a couple years ago. Or, it was this last year. I’ve forgotten

Anyhow, once it’s dialed in it’s guaranteed to make smiles. There was a square gap in a building maybe 2 inches big. I got four people peeking through there from about 50 yards away. I had to chrono down a bit (field rules) but it made it so I could watch the round travel all the way into their goggles. Definitey giggling for a while after that.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:07 AM   #15 (permalink)

Sorry if I’m resurrecting a dead thread; one thing you should be aware of when using round ball in the SSR is the bolt diameter. To properly underbore for pump I usually go down to a .679 insert. I screwed that into the SSR and tried pushing the bolt home. It started to rotate the barrel. Long story short if you want to shoot round ball out of the SSR without it rolling out, you either need big balls or a custom machined bolt with a smaller diameter.

I freaking love my SSR, the ballistics of first strikes combined with the consistency of CCM makes for ungodly accuracy. I highly recommend.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM