mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 12-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookini89 View Post
I don't personally consider the 2017 J2 to be a direct competitor to the J2L. Some key differences. Most J2L markers will sell for at least $750. Also consider that custom anno markers sometimes sell for less than the market price if standard gloss black.
dust black one has been posted for 20 days and listed at 750 obo still hasn't sold.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by zookini89 View Post
I don't personally consider the 2017 J2 to be a direct competitor to the J2L. Some key differences. Most J2L markers will sell for at least $750. Also consider that custom anno markers sometimes sell for less than the market price if standard gloss black.
It might not be a direct competitor, but the J2017 definitely affected J2L's values.

$750 for a J2L. Not even a CCI annoed J2L got $750... Most will go for $600

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
dust black one has been posted for 20 days and listed at 750 obo still hasn't sold.
TO me that is crack pipe pricing.

I remember when CCM (unable to sell the J2l's) put them on essentially clearance price and blew the dust black one's out at $400.00....
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
AKA "BlackGates-5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
TO me that is crack pipe pricing.

I remember when CCM (unable to sell the J2l's) put them on essentially clearance price and blew the dust black one's out at $400.00....
Picked mine up for $375 here on MCB on 2011 Black Friday... possibly the cheapest J2L ever sold? When they were selling for over $1k, you can believe I'd wished I hadn't turned around and sold it a year later for like $425 (or there-abouts, I don't recall), LOL...
O-RINGS FOR SALE (EVERY SIZE! ANY QTY!): https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...110-115-a.html

My Feedback:https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
short304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Markets fluctuate. One thing to consider is that CCI's company raised the price on their signature acid wash to the point that CCI will no longer be offering acid wash as an option after they sell through what they have.

And when I ordered my S6 2 years ago I asked about waiting for a CCI ano'd batch and they said they had no plans in the future (haven't seen anything recently either).

With collectors items one of the reasons they become collectable is because people didn't want them initially and the production numbers were small.

There have been 3? iterations of the J2L, that one is by far the most desirable as its considered a cool design and not the reproduction like the new one.

So a CCI ano'd J2L should be worth money. But as I always say on these things we are the market.

If I can't offer anymore to this assessment I will say would straight trade my minty S6 for this marker.
theangrydragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Newbie++

CCM Fan
I picked up my 2 tone hard annoed J2L for 480. Way back.

My MCB Feedback
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
mag shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by theangrydragon View Post
Markets fluctuate. One thing to consider is that CCI's company raised the price on their signature acid wash to the point that CCI will no longer be offering acid wash as an option after they sell through what they have.

And when I ordered my S6 2 years ago I asked about waiting for a CCI ano'd batch and they said they had no plans in the future (haven't seen anything recently either).

With collectors items one of the reasons they become collectable is because people didn't want them initially and the production numbers were small.

There have been 3? iterations of the J2L, that one is by far the most desirable as its considered a cool design and not the reproduction like the new one.

So a CCI ano'd J2L should be worth money. But as I always say on these things we are the market.

If I can't offer anymore to this assessment I will say would straight trade my minty S6 for this marker.
Funny you mention the original 3 acidwash ccms.

I think i had a hand in cci doing the annos. Our local store was selling both at the time and i mentioned it would be sweet to get a ccm in the cci acid wash. local store owner is buddy buddy with Mike. We have had some other things done by him in the past. We asked ccm if they would sell a raw gun so we could send it to mike. Which then evolved in to us ( local store) getting red and black t2 from the original 3. Its still owned local original owner.

but as far as the J2l had it been black or black and green it would have likely sold already.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 10:05 AM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman View Post
Funny you mention the original 3 acidwash ccms.

I think i had a hand in cci doing the annos. Our local store was selling both at the time and i mentioned it would be sweet to get a ccm in the cci acid wash. local store owner is buddy buddy with Mike. We have had some other things done by him in the past. We asked ccm if they would sell a raw gun so we could send it to mike. Which then evolved in to us ( local store) getting red and black t2 from the original 3. Its still owned local original owner.

but as far as the J2l had it been black or black and green it would have likely sold already.
Mine is black and green and hasn't sold. Not acid wash black and green though

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM