mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2018, 01:15 AM   #41 (permalink)
Traveling Dingleberry
 
mvkenny70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017

CCM Fan
What did you end up getting if you don't mind me asking... I personally have an MBP, J2, S5, s6 and just sold a Works... you can see a pattern there. I'm sorta a full block kinda guy.. although between 2 close friends I've shot their T2s (both original and new) 6.5, SSR, M40 and Bill's 40cal pistol... and I can totally agree that you should choose the style you like best. Each one shoots similar yet slightly different. There are soooo many factors that go into the way each one feels... from the springs, the depth of the pump handle hole to the Polish on the hammer lug, etc. BUT.. in the end, they're all fantastic shooters. Just get or make a reg pressure tester and keep your reg and IVG balanced the way you like it and you'll never be unhappy
mvkenny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 04:25 AM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
woouulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: victorville ,Cali

"Works" for me.. The old saying is that you cant beat a CCM !
__________________
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (880) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #43 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: town of Wantmorevaj

Brass and Wood Fan
better question: out of all the CCM's which one do they still actually make that you can actually buy? I don't even know how they stay in business, I suppose it is the DPM end of things. The other day I thought to replace and retire my aging 6.5: nothing. Not a single 6.5 or T2.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #44 (permalink)
Merc
 
JOESPUD27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Louis Area
Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Make the product scarce, drive up the demand, justify the prices. Or yes, the none PB business keeps the PB side project afloat.

Just a guess. I gave up years ago.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:00 PM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
CCM Photographer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
better question: out of all the CCM's which one do they still actually make that you can actually buy? I don't even know how they stay in business, I suppose it is the DPM end of things. The other day I thought to replace and retire my aging 6.5: nothing. Not a single 6.5 or T2.

We just did a run of T2s earlier this year, from January to April. And Full Size T2s right after that from May to June. So, they were only available during those six months. Not expecting any more T2s until we finish up the next run of Series 6 and Series 6.5s. We don't keep every single marker we make in production all year around. We're small and can only handle one production run at a time so markers are cycled into production.

Last edited by CCM Photographer; 08-30-2018 at 02:09 PM.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
Rec Poster
 
Marcos1211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016

I prefer the j2l over any other ccm tbh.
Marcos1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 04:46 PM   #47 (permalink)
Traveling Dingleberry
 
mvkenny70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017

CCM Fan
I recently picked up my series 6, and it was well used by its previous owner, and I think THIS makes all the difference in the world. It's a stunning marker, both finish and styling I look forward to seeing the upcoming run head out into the wild.
mvkenny70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
DoC19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central FL

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
We just did a run of T2s earlier this year, from January to April. And Full Size T2s right after that from May to June. So, they were only available during those six months. Not expecting any more T2s until we finish up the next run of Series 6 and Series 6.5s. We don't keep every single marker we make in production all year around. We're small and can only handle one production run at a time so markers are cycled into production.
So a run of 6.5s is in the works then?
__________________
My B/S/T Feedback
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:20 PM   #49 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Gabe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wasilla, AK
Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
We just did a run of T2s earlier this year, from January to April. And Full Size T2s right after that from May to June. So, they were only available during those six months. Not expecting any more T2s until we finish up the next run of Series 6 and Series 6.5s. We don't keep every single marker we make in production all year around. We're small and can only handle one production run at a time so markers are cycled into production.
I'm sorry but this drives me crazy about CCM. Nothing is ever available on the website it's all constantly out of stock. And no more gloss colors, only flat black and "semi-gloss"? Kind of weak that you can't polish parts before anno any more. I get the small business thing but at some point you gotta grow if you want to sell more parts. Hire another person, sell more parts at the same price, profit.

Sorry to dump there, I love my S5 and plan on an S6.5 when it comes time to upgrade. I just want to buy more stuff, so please make it so!!!!
__________________
"There's nary a beast that can outrun a greased-up scotsman!" - Willie

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity
 
The Flounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
I'm sorry but this drives me crazy about CCM. Nothing is ever available on the website it's all constantly out of stock. And no more gloss colors, only flat black and "semi-gloss"? Kind of weak that you can't polish parts before anno any more. I get the small business thing but at some point you gotta grow if you want to sell more parts. Hire another person, sell more parts at the same price, profit.

Sorry to dump there, I love my S5 and plan on an S6.5 when it comes time to upgrade. I just want to buy more stuff, so please make it so!!!!
CCM sells plenty of parts but they sell them as DPM and they have little to do with paintball. The paintball portion of the business is only a small part of the operation. The decision to stop gloss as a stock option is based on the price. Polishing the parts is very labor intensive and wil greatly increase the cost of a marker. I am sure if you want to special order a gloss finish and are willing to pay for it you can still get a gloss CCM marker.
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC