mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 01-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #61 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post
Losing polishing has certainly slowed things down a bit especially when it comes to prep work for anodizing. Tumblers are slow and can only process so many parts in an hour which in turn determines how fast we can get everything to the anodizer.

And to speak on the point about quality.. The quality in the machine work is still there and in some ways has only gotten better. The machine finish on our bodies has only gotten better over the years. A S6 body from today has a much better machine finish than a S6 body from years ago. As for the anodized finish.. We get it, a tumbled finish isn't as pretty as a polished finish but it is what it is and in no way affects the quality of the parts underneath.

With that said.. we ARE working towards bringing polishing back but like everything else it takes time. We've put in a lot of effort over the past year and may have found a polisher/anodizer but it's not going to be cheap. It certainly doesn't help that we were practically giving polished finishes away for almost nothing for all these years.
Thank you, that is great to hear that you are working to bring back the polished parts! I would never knock CCM quality, it has always been top notch so absolutely no complaints from anyone there.

On pricing, I think too many places are afraid to simply charge the price that is required to make money and stay in business. CCI is a great example of this, I think Mike is too humble in his pricing and everybody needs to make money to stay in the game. Charge whatever you need to charge and the market will pay it. A great example is autocockers now. You have a few companies jumping in with a high quality product and they do charge a premium for it but the guys that know quality and want the best are willing to pay it. Anybody that isn't willing to pay the piper isn't in the market for high end gun parts anyway.

Anyway, sorry to blow you guys up online, I know you're a small shop and paintball isn't the most profitable of endeavors. Keep up the good work and expect a large order of rails, ASA's, feednecks, barrel sizers, and other parts from this guy as soon as your polishing is back up and going!

Last edited by Gabe; 01-23-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:09 PM   #62 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Thank you, that is great to hear that you are working to bring back the polished parts! I would never knock CCM quality, it has always been top notch so absolutely no complaints from anyone there.

On pricing, I think too many places are afraid to simply charge the price that is required to make money and stay in business. CCI is a great example of this, I think Mike is too humble in his pricing and everybody needs to make money to stay in the game. Charge whatever you need to charge and the market will pay it. A great example is autocockers now. You have a few companies jumping in with a high quality product and they do charge a premium for it but the guys that know quality and want the best are willing to pay it. Anybody that isn't willing to pay the piper isn't in the market for high end gun parts anyway.

It's not 100% certain but it's a possibility. It all depends on how well people take the sticker shock.

I think part of the issue, in my opinion, is that we offered more for far less. For a long, long time we offered polished pumps at a lower price point than what you would find other manufacturer's markers out there for. Looking at new pumps it was difficult to find a high end, polished pump in the $600-$650 range. Even a few years ago I want to say a polished Niche or Inception pump was still considerably more expensive then what we had that time.
CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

People will always complain. There's no sense in trying to please everyone. Keep building them to the quality we all expect, and we will keep buying. I actually enjoy the way in which you guys have started rolling out the markers, in periods of 6 months. Gives a sense of rarity to them. I am definitely going to put in an order for 2 different S6s when they become available, seeing as how I probably won't see another run until 2020.

United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Mandalorian.Actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 02:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Seconded, CCM is honestly the only manufacturer I'm willing to fork over a chunk for because I KNOW it will perform flawlessly. Plus your CS is top notch.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:40 AM   #65 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Seconded, CCM is honestly the only manufacturer I'm willing to fork over a chunk for because I KNOW it will perform flawlessly. Plus your CS is top notch.
USPS messed up shipping for parts and Lori at CCM had parts to me in three days! Awesome customer service.
Old 01-30-2019, 02:29 PM   #66 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM Photographer View Post

With that said.. we ARE working towards bringing polishing back but like everything else it takes time. We've put in a lot of effort over the past year and may have found a polisher/anodizer but it's not going to be cheap.

CCM Photographer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:36 PM   #67 (permalink)
MCB Member

Back to the actual topic in the OP.

For me it is a T2, RF, Full Body, 45 trigger frame, long regulator, and w/Type 3 anodizing in a dark charcoal/Black and that is with knowing that Type 3 anodizing will not necessarily match between parts.

I'm guessing that is a unicorn that was not made and I understand CCM has no interest in doing RF or Type 3 anodizing again so ain't happening for me

If not that [T2] then a pristine S5 RF with Full CCM Pneumatic set and Pump Kit

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
MCB Member

I shot one of those last year, didnít even know CCM made a RF pump. It was pretty cool like a 90ís RF with new machine technology & parts [emoji1303]
AnthonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:14 PM   #69 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
I know 2 different J12 owners that wouldn't agree with that. Even after the guns each made trips back to CCM. But hey, they got more than the spent on the gun when they sold them out of frustration.

---

Back on topic, dust or gloss, the full body guns would get my vote.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:29 AM   #70 (permalink)

CCM Fan
No question....it's got to be the CCM SSPAR!
DJmatt123 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM