mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2019, 04:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
My Paintball Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles

Just got myself my first ever T2

Just got myself my first ever pump which thankfully is the beloved and adored CCM T2.

Yes I jump in with both feet haha I was wondering if there was anything I needed to know right off the bat.

Il post photos once it comes in as well to get as much info as possible.

Thanks everyone!

-Matt
Hubertcumberdale08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

It wont make you a good player so just hit the field as often as possible and have a good time.

Make sure you have a barrel with small bore control to keep paint from rolling out.

Id get a 45/45 sl2 or a 17ci tank to make it light and fun.

Read up here. Number 1 thing is to play.

Oh and dont try to work on it in a time pinch with the wrong tools. They are super simple guns but...just don't use a vice grip on anything.
__________________
"I'll see it when I believe it"

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
10,000 needles
 
JonnyDread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Rhode Island

Kilt Club
Don't screw with it. Like Cunha said they are fairly simple, but they are a set and forget type of gun. The only time I have ever had any issues with a CCM gun is when I start dicking around with stuff.

They're beautiful guns, have fun out there.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

What these good gentlemen said! But also, be mindful of getting gunk inside the lower tube. It will happen. You will see velocity issues. Just be mindful. And have a lot of fun!

If I can suggest, use the 17ci tank and a Sanchez machine 12 round stock class feed. And use the pbmafia 10 round tube pod pack, and you will have a light and accurate set up.
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Tinkerer
 
dano_____'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota

CCM Fan
Read the manual first:

https://mcarterbrown.com/TF/CCM/

Keep the bottom tube clean and if you need to do any work to it follow the guides on this site. As mention above, once you get it setup you won't need to change anything on it. Velocity is adjusted in the back of the gun with the off and not by changing the regulator output.
__________________
Dan's Feedback
dano_____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
My Paintball Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
It wont make you a good player so just hit the field as often as possible and have a good time.

Make sure you have a barrel with small bore control to keep paint from rolling out.

Id get a 45/45 sl2 or a 17ci tank to make it light and fun.

Read up here. Number 1 thing is to play.

Oh and dont try to work on it in a time pinch with the wrong tools. They are super simple guns but...just don't use a vice grip on anything.
Thank you! I was actually looking into the 45/45 sl2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Don't screw with it. Like Cunha said they are fairly simple, but they are a set and forget type of gun. The only time I have ever had any issues with a CCM gun is when I start dicking around with stuff.

They're beautiful guns, have fun out there.
Thank you, I will not mess with it!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharfschutze91 View Post
What these good gentlemen said! But also, be mindful of getting gunk inside the lower tube. It will happen. You will see velocity issues. Just be mindful. And have a lot of fun!

If I can suggest, use the 17ci tank and a Sanchez machine 12 round stock class feed. And use the pbmafia 10 round tube pod pack, and you will have a light and accurate set up.
Awesome info thank you will look into the stock class feed and tube pod pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano_____ View Post
Read the manual first:

https://mcarterbrown.com/TF/CCM/

Keep the bottom tube clean and if you need to do any work to it follow the guides on this site. As mention above, once you get it setup you won't need to change anything on it. Velocity is adjusted in the back of the gun with the off and not by changing the regulator output.

Its going to come to me used which usually means I take it apart to make sure its clean and in good condition so hopefully everything is decently clean and once its set il leave it be.

When adjusting the velocity do I do that with the air off?
Hubertcumberdale08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Buzz Killington
 
Scharfschutze91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO

Do it with the air on or off, it doesn't matter. But don't touch the reg to do it. Use the lower tube. There's a back cap on the lower tube, you can leave it in when adjusting the velocity through there. Use the appropriate Allen wrench, turn it clockwise to increase the velocity, counter clockwise to decrease it. Again, don't touch the reg.
__________________
United States Army Artillery Officer

"We will not be intimidated. We will not back down. We have seen war. We don't want war. But if you want war with the United States of America, there is one thing I can promise you, so help me God. Someone ELSE will raise your sons and daughters." - Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
Scharfschutze91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Patient Zero
 
Tracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Las Vegas NV
Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
when and if you decise to take it apart.. THE ARMS DO NOT COME OFF THE PUMP PLATE, repeat, THE ARMS DO NOT COME OFF THE PUMP PLATE

ccm uses a jig and loctites them into to place to ensure they are perfectly even with each other, if you scre that up you need to send them back to CCM and they will charge you to fix it

and no, the velocity is set with the air on and while shooting it over the chrono, sure you can turn the adjustors with no air on the marker, but you won't be able to see the effect until your back over a chrono
__________________

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Tinkerer
 
dano_____'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubertcumberdale08 View Post

When adjusting the velocity do I do that with the air off?
Negative. You adjust it aired up, you are just changing the tension on the hammer spring. Previous post should have said ivg, not off. Stupid autocorrect.

Not a bad idea to make sure it is clean. I don't recommend taking off the vertical ASA just because you won't gain anything in ways of cleaning by doing that and you will lessen the chance of that seal not seating properly. Also depending on your year of gun, you may either have a Spyder detent or an oring as the detent when you separate the top tube from the lower.
__________________
Dan's Feedback
dano_____ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 03:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
My Paintball Life
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles

I have never been so excited and nervous to get a marker in haha anyone live in LA?

So when I receive it I just check it over the chrono? Il take photos so you guys can let me know all the details I need to know about this beast
Hubertcumberdale08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC