mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
I Hate This City.

How do the various CCM markers relate to each other?

Hi all.

Way back in the day, when I was young and really broke, I always wanted an Autococker - something I plan on addressing soon now that I'm slightly less broke.

Similarly, especially after getting a chance to shoot Big Dog's S6 this week at Freedom's Pump/Pistol game, I've fallen in love with this CCM marker.

So, I've been poking around, and I'm trying to understand how CCM's line of markers - both past and present - all fit together.

As I understand it, the S6 is the latest version of CCM's stacked-tube open-class pump guns, and was preceded by the S5.

Similarly, at one point CCM made custom semi 'cockers - the J2 series, but these are no longer available.

So, assuming I'm right, what I'm wondering is this:

If I go to the used market, is there a significant difference between a S5 and an S6?

Were I to buy an S5 or an S6, could I kill two birds (the pump and semi birds) with one stone by getting a pneumatic front block and grip frame (so I wouldn't have to muck with the AT) for the CCM gun? Are there any reasons to not do this?

Similarly, if I were to find a J2 at an affordable price, would it be a decent idea to purchase a pump kit for it?

Where does the SS-25 fit into CCM's line?

Wevo has a tube feed available for the SS-25 that's quite low profile. Can this be mounted on other CCM markers (S5, S6, J2) as well? (I'd provide a link, except that I can't seem to hit Wevo's site today )

Thanks guys
VVulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

This should answer a couple of Q's you have
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/p...tml#post310473

Otherwise, the S5 and the J2 are the only 2 CCM guns that will accept pneumos with out slight modification (I believe)

The Wevo SC kit only fits the SS-25 and the S5 RF (right feed) as these were the only models to have the Spyder type of feed mounts

"]My Feedback"]
El Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
I Hate This City.

Ah, thank you

What sort of modification would be required to drop pneumatics onto an S6?
VVulfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

you would need to basically "mini" the gun. Hack the front off and thread it for a front block.

Actually, the SS-25 will accept a front block. Here is a link for one for sale with an E2 frame https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...36-ccm-j2.html

Also, here is a J2 for sale with pnuemos and pump kit for $350 https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...36-ccm-j2.html

"]My Feedback"]
El Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

I have a friend that has a j2 for sale along with an ss25.Actually I have another that also has a ss25 for sale. But if you feel giddy, I know where there are about 4 or 5 brand new never shot just put together J2's at..
Old 02-08-2008, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
I have a friend that has a j2 for sale along with an ss25.Actually I have another that also has a ss25 for sale. But if you feel giddy, I know where there are about 4 or 5 brand new never shot just put together J2's at..
Topstitch has some J2's? 03 or 04? are you just pulling our leg here?I don't even have an 04.Trading time.I'm going to head over there tomorrow.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gringo View Post
you would need to basically "mini" the gun. Hack the front off and thread it for a front block.

Actually, the SS-25 will accept a front block. Here is a link for one for sale with an E2 frame https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...36-ccm-j2.html

Also, here is a J2 for sale with pnuemos and pump kit for $350 https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...36-ccm-j2.html
My old eyes must be lyin to me.It looks like you wrote " Hack the front off ".He might as well just shoot it too.(haha) hey,my first smiley.I just learned how to do that. cool.I'm dangerous now.
CCMachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

CCM Fan
Ooh Hell, Bill can use the smilies now. As long as you stay away from that dodgy you will be ok. ......

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it..
Tigwldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCmachinist View Post
Topstitch has some J2's? 03 or 04? are you just pulling our leg here?I don't even have an 04.Trading time.I'm going to head over there tomorrow.
Hell I don't know if Topstich has any or not. Don't think I mentioned them, but maybe I should have said I know a guy that had a few J2's that he was considering selling. Don't know if he has them now or not. Or if he decided to get rid of them..

But I do know that Hugo had at least 1 or 2 J2's for sale. He may still have them or it for sale. I was thinking about getting Matt one of them instead of the S5.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Here's one of the J2 that he has for sale:

And he has this old School S5 with a funky looking Auto-trigger frame:

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM