mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 06-28-2019, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofpaint View Post
I don't know how the panels fit, but CZ wrap around grips fit fine on the 86 frames.

There are two versions of the CCM frames when it comes to grips though, and the fit is slightly different. I don't have both though so not sure how they differ exactly.
Interesting, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
I just pulled the grips off both frames and the fit is exactly the same. Fully interchangeable.

For reference I have a prototype mid-block and the newest version CCM phantom frame.

Best of luck!!
Thanks! How old is the mid-block frame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sale2me View Post
CCM 86 hinge frame panels will not fit CCM 86 cocker slider.
Thank you for the info.
isiTrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
MagMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiTrue View Post

Thanks! How old is the mid-block frame?

Its an MBP so I think the newest version of frames they have unless I missed something new that came out. No older than like 2015 Id say
ScottyBeans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 12:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyBeans View Post
Its an MBP so I think the newest version of frames they have unless I missed something new that came out. No older than like 2015 Id say
Thank you.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)
Patient Zero

Send a message via Yahoo to Tracker Send a message via Skype™ to Tracker

CCM Fan
heres what i remember,

the regular frames that have been on CCM guns since they started doing the 86 took CZ-75 hogues, they switched over to delrin panels because they could be made in house, and then it was just a measure of material cost and machine time..
as opposed to paying wholesale prices for rubber grips that would get passed to the consumer (the grips cost $20, so the price goes up $20) the first run of phantom frames (and maybe the second) had some dimensional issues with the panel fit. i THINK CZ-75 grips will fit but they also might take a little trimming on the inner panel to get it to sit right

so in short, cocker 86 frame, CZ's are universal, panels might be a little iffy depending on if it a really old frame like a slider

phantom "lonestar adapter" frame, panels that it came with will always be a perfect fit, everything else might take a little trimming/dremmeling to get to fit correctly

found the post with bill's reply showing the differences with current gen panels on a phantom frame

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2970360

^And i did it while wearing a helmetcam^ in 1080P HD if you need proof
Trackers feedback

Last edited by Tracker; 07-03-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
heres what i remember,

the regular frames that have been on CCM guns since they started doing the 86 took CZ-75 hogues, they switched over to delrin panels because they could be made in house, and then it was just a measure of material cost and machine time..
as opposed to paying wholesale prices for rubber grips that would get passed to the consumer (the grips cost $20, so the price goes up $20) the first run of phantom frames (and maybe the second) had some dimensional issues with the panel fit. i THINK CZ-75 grips will fit but they also might take a little trimming on the inner panel to get it to sit right

so in short, cocker 86 frame, CZ's are universal, panels might be a little iffy depending on if it a really old frame like a slider

phantom "lonestar adapter" frame, panels that it came with will always be a perfect fit, everything else might take a little trimming/dremmeling to get to fit correctly

found the post with bill's reply showing the differences with current gen panels on a phantom frame

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2970360
Thanks! Unfortunately, this confirms that the Phantom panels aren't compatible with other 86 frames, so I'm not sure if I'll have the custom panels made. I'll think on it some more, though.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by isiTrue View Post
Thanks! Unfortunately, this confirms that the Phantom panels aren't compatible with other 86 frames, so I'm not sure if I'll have the custom panels made. I'll think on it some more, though.
Only the original Phantom grips use slightly different panels. The newer Phantom frames use the same grip panels as a standard 86 frame that you could put on a cocker.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLachance75 View Post
Only the original Phantom grips use slightly different panels. The newer Phantom frames use the same grip panels as a standard 86 frame that you could put on a cocker.
That's some good news. It may be worth making the panels, then.
I appreciate the input, thanks.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Instagram below

Quote:
Originally Posted by sale2me View Post
CCM 86 hinge frame panels will not fit CCM 86 cocker slider.
I agree totally with this

Slight changes but enough to make them not seat correctly
Bertz is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM