mcarterbrown.com  

CCM Chipley Machine

Old 05-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I love my S6. Point, Shoot, Kill.

A friend of mine borrowed my S6 for a few games. He regularly plays with a very nice ccm'd hybrid pump. He came back shaking his head and smiling. "I don't know what it is or how it is different, but it is. It does everything my pump does, but it seems easier. I don't know how it's possible but it is."

Jay
That happened to me this weekend too with my J2L
snkp360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Machinist in training

Send a message via Yahoo to slowerpig81

Happened to me with the tube gun and an S6 at SPE...I though they were beautiful to use. I don't have experience with cockers but for me CCM is the only top of the line pump I would consider.

Feedback/Avvy by Tessa Schrader
slowerpig81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Because there's nothing better available.
ehos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

VendettaPaintball: What kind of Cocker based pump do you have and how is it set up? Pics?
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
I think this is more of a psychological issue versus a reality of the marker issue.

I think that one person had their expectations set awfully high, and upon these expectations not being met, the reaction is perhaps biased.

CCM Makes the best Cocker/Sniper based pump on the market.

Several of itís features are the fantastic feedneck, Auto-Trigger, Butter soft pump stroke, consistency (I have seen them chrony regularly at +/- 1) and the light weight and compact size.

Although like all things, this boils down to opinion, however in my Opinion CCM has made the finest Cocker based pump available on the market, out of the box it needs no work, no upgrades or fussing. It has stock the lightest springing available, and a good reg.

I really donít know what else to add. There simply isnít Sniper based marker being made right now that could compete.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSCopic View Post
I don't think anyone has ever said it was anything special. It is just a VERY nice sniper style pump that comes from a great company ready to shoot.

If you don't think it is "all that" then I don't see any reason to try and convince you it is.

If the cost is your issue, then it isn't a gun for you. No one has ever claimed that you will pick it up and instantly renounce all other paintguns.

There is a level of fit and finish, as well as an aspect of buying from a small company with great support, that goes along with CCM guns. Just as there is with most guns from similar shops and or manufacturer's.

I know I am an older player, but $500-$600 for a really, really nice pump that is set and ready to go with all the fittings and such right out of the box, still seems like a good deal to me.

I have spent soooo much more on so many guns in the past that actually were crap, that spending that amount just seems middle of the road to me.

In the end, buy and use what you like. Or, like many of us here, just try to buy them all.

Im not saying its a bad gun by any means, I like the S6 a lot, and have been wanting one for years, I just thought that it would've been nicer than it was (not that its bad at all, just not "perfect" i guess, for lack of a better word)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCM CHICK View Post
Thank you for taking the time to review your findings. I am very sorry that your first experience with the a CCM product was not satisfactory. The best I could conclude would be the fact that you purchased it used. If there is anything at all that we, CCM can do to assist you please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Mel @ CCM
This wasn't my first experience, I love CCM products and have been supporting CCM for many years now, and my post wasn't meant to come off as one of a bad experience, so please do not take it that way. I always heard many great things about the S6 and how nothing truly compares to it, now that I've had the chance to actually get out and play a weekend with one, I just wasn't overly impressed with it compared to other snipers i've shot and owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggfueler View Post
VendettaPaintball: What kind of Cocker based pump do you have and how is it set up? Pics?
My main is a Lightning body, CCM frame, CCM deluxe kit, Hvacman Hitman plate, AKA tornado valve, CP reg (came with the body), spring kit, Maxflow micro bottomline.

I'm not saying that the fit/finish of my guns are anywhere near that of an S6, I was aiming it moreso at the actual pump stroke and overall feel of the gun in my hands that I wasn't impressed with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
I think this is more of a psychological issue versus a reality of the marker issue.

I think that one person had their expectations set awfully high, and upon these expectations not being met, the reaction is perhaps biased.

CCM Makes the best Cocker/Sniper based pump on the market.

Several of itís features are the fantastic feedneck, Auto-Trigger, Butter soft pump stroke, consistency (I have seen them chrony regularly at +/- 1) and the light weight and compact size.

Although like all things, this boils down to opinion, however in my Opinion CCM has made the finest Cocker based pump available on the market, out of the box it needs no work, no upgrades or fussing. It has stock the lightest springing available, and a good reg.

I really donít know what else to add. There simply isnít Sniper based marker being made right now that could compete.
I agree with the bolded part. Although I tried to use it with an open mind and take it at face value, I still couldn't help but compare it to all the other pumps i've shot in my time in paintball.
VendettaPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #27 (permalink)
Paintball Yeti

Well, as I have said before, the CCM pump kit can make any old sniper feel like a custom pump. I think that is the part of the gun that really effects the "feel" of the pump stroke.

The rest is cosmetics, and just sweet looking.

I don't even have a S6, I have a Series 5 R/F. I love it, but when I fondled a few of the S6s at the recent SPE, I was sold. I now want one.

It felt that different to me.

The little Sniper you are using is a nice gun, and with that set up and pump kit, there is a chance you won't feel much of a difference.

I do, though.

Try using an old WGP Sniper for a few years, then get your hands on a CCM pump or gun with a CCM pump kit. Then I think you will notice more. Heck, you are already spoiled by the CCM pump goodness, you forget what it could be like.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Traded guns for cameras

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
First off, let me say I love CCM.

But in reality, an S-6 is just a really well built sniper. If you have a cocker body and a set of internals with good tolerances and you throw a full CCM pump/frame/AT kit on it, it'll feel pretty much the same.

The difference is when you buy an S-6, you're always getting a well built machine. Snipers can be hit or miss to have the same smoothness.
Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via Yahoo to oggfueler

I'd agree that your findings is more in line with personal preference based on what you've been using as a main marker. I'm skeptical that anyone can get a Cocker based pump's pumpstroke as smooth as a S6's... unless you decide to bore lap and go through other mods that would bring tolerances close to what CCM is putting out... Oh yeah... and not use a CCM pump kit too, lol.
oggfueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Red - Black

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by VendettaPaintball View Post
ive done all that on my main sniper. The pump stroke is to the point where i can jerk the gun back and forth with one hand and it will cock the gun (with paint/air and a return spring)

I can't see spending $500 on an S6 and having to do any of that though, you know? It would be like buying a brand new SL94 from planet eclipse and the first thing I do to make it shoot better is totally rebuild it and polish moving parts and sand the bolt, just wouldn't make sense to me.
Maybe I just had really high hopes for it and it didn't live up to my expectations.

As for selling it, you wouldn't pay what I want for it, and you can definitely get a better deal than I would give you from CCM. I have an offer for $570 locally, which is what I plan on going with.
Oh - you don't HAVE to do any of this. You could simply play with it and let it break in. I do this because it is what I do to my markers.

I was giving you this list because it was USED - and not well cared for. I was trying to get you back to 'out of the box' feel.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Armory » CCM