mcarterbrown.com  

View Poll Results: How often should MCB of KC meetup?
Once a month on a Saturday 2 25.00%
Once a month alternating between Saturday and Friday nights 6 75.00%
Only every other month 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2015, 10:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

How often to meet in KC?

We had a good day at Jaegers today, and we need to figure out a good schedule for meetups. For guys coming from farther away, Saturday meetups are a must. For the KC guys, maybe friday nights will work.
I would like to schedule a once a month meetup (close to the end of each month), and we will not have a meetup when Kraus hosts a private game. The meetups could be all on saturday, or we could alternate Saturday and Friday.

If it is always on Saturday, I will miss quite a few meetups, but if that works for most people, lets do it!

It would be good if guys can network within our group and play more often. If you have suggestions, please post them.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Knows Chad Thompson

PPS Fan
Right now, due to work schedule, I wouldn't be able either on a regular basis, but I'm glad to see a group of regulars developing.

I'm planning on a mid-March 1-day game like we just did and probably a 2-day game where people can camp out in June.

Hopefully I'll be able to trade days off to make some of these pump days. I'd like to go out to J & J's and some point too, that looks like a quality field to try out.
Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 11:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

If people want to lead expeditions to different fields, lets promote it on the email list, and we can cancel the local meetup that month. I see energy in the group, but I don't really think we can pull off a busy schedule.
Old 12-12-2015, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

Also there is a nice field in Martin City. Hope to get to play sometime.
I voted Saturdays only, but could do Friday evenings also.

Ed

ASE certifed master tech
Master Certified Chrysler Tech
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 12:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Dude Abides

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I voted once a month alternating Friday nights and Saturdays, though honestly whatever comes thru works for me. With this new job and possibility/guarantee of last minute travel from time to time I may not make some, no big deal. Very much looking forward to more days like today!
Old 12-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

I too voted for the alternating Friday/Saturday schedule, but I'm definitely not going to be able to make it. I do think it's the best option, however, because if the group has a set, published schedule, it makes it easier for anyone to attend.

Ed - does the field in Martin City have a name/website? I'm trying to compile a map of all the fields in the area, plus always up to try a new place.

Kraus - great game last time, please let us know about the next one.

And at some point, we need to do an MCB invasion of J&J's Paintball in Marshall (I know, it's a bit of a drive) as the guy who's running it is doing a hell of a job adding more stuff to the fields. But they're all outdoor, so Spring or Summer, definitely.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Watch this space for an upcoming sale and in the meantime, check out my my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

How about proposing a month for the Marshall trip? We could narrow down the weekend after we know the month.

We also need a proposed month for MArtin City. I have talked to the owner. He was slow to return a call, but they seem like a good crew.

I think we should spend the hottest and coldest months at Jaegers. If people are interested in the big game, please speak up.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I went alternating as well.

I'd be down with going to the j and j field for sure depending on time. One thing to be aware of with Martin city is that they do not have a discounted field rate if you have your own gear. They consider the rental to be "free" and won't discount the field fee. This is per their website. Still I might be interested in trying it once anyway.

Another field to consider is high performance in Harrisonville. Outdoor but open year round. I think they said they only closed two days last year because the roads weren't plowed. They have one speedball field (only open on sunday), a small woods field and a decently sized woods field (7 acres I believe). They are really friendly folks down there so might be worth a visit as well. They don't have co2 fills though if that matters to you.

As far as dates for me basically from March to end of may there is basically 0% chance I can make an actual weekend game. Night games at jaegers I can probably do. My family business is a garden center so incredibly busy on the weekends in the spring.

A two day pump game with camping sounds pretty awesome.
Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

jelly - Say May for one and June for the other? We should be out of the heavy spring rains and just starting to really heat up for summer. Doesn't matter to me which month is J&J's and which month is Martin City.

Hoge - Good meeting you this weekend, by the way, we should have joined you up top. All I can say for myself was that I was feeling too lazy to want to move my stuff. Maybe next time. But yes, I'm always up for trying out a new field, let us know when you're thinking of going and we'll see who can swing it in the schedule. That one's probably closer and easier for K_O to come over for, also. Good luck with the business! We all understand that the things that pay the bills have to be far more important than the paintball, even though we wish they weren't.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Watch this space for an upcoming sale and in the meantime, check out my my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Here is my conclusion:
Guys who live close to Jaegers are the only people who would attend a Friday or Thursday night game. Organizing a "meetup" for the locals is overkill. Hoge has a great idea of posting when locals are playing, and Cobra had a good idea of just swapping cell phone numbers. So... lets do that for weekday night games. In the past, people started threads when they wanted to round up a game, but if we subscribe to Hoge's new thread, we will get an alert when there is a chance to meetup.

I think we should do Saturdays every other month. Kraus' games and special trips can take the place of a Jaeger meetup. As of now, I think the following might kind of line up with everyone's expectations:
Jan = Jaegers
Mar = Kraus' game
Apr = SPE in St. Louis
May = trip?
June = Probably another Kraus game
August = Jaegers (because it is so hot?)
October = trip?
(Edited to include Kraus' SPE suggestion)

Last edited by jellyghost; 12-16-2015 at 09:48 PM.
jellyghost is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central