mcarterbrown.com  

Old 12-14-2015, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

KC Area Players

Jellyghost and I were talking and we thought this might be a good idea.

Currently we have the area email list and we post up special meet up games and private games. But what to do when you decide on monday to hit a local field the following Saturday and want to see anyone wants to join? Or you want to play but would like to play with like minded mcb people?

The idea here is you can post up if you're going to go play at whatever field on whatever day. Other people subscribed to the thread will be notified there is activity in the thread and they can check it out.

It might be a good way to to start getting more of us playing together on a regular basis. Having a crew of good like minded players can only be a good thing. Plus I think we've all seen that more pumps and old school setups start showing up when there are more out there to be seen playing, doing well and having fun doing it.

The special monthly, private and road trip type games would still need their own threads but they can be linked to out of this one so people don't miss out by not checking the central region area.

Any ideas or suggestions on this? Any input is of course appreciated. If not let's get it rolling!
Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

This is a great idea. Guys who live close to Jaegers are the people who would attend an evening game or a short notice game. Organizing a "meetup" for the locals is overkill. In the past, people started threads when they wanted to round up a game, but no one is in the habit of checking the central section all of the time. Sub to this thread so you get a heads up when people are headed to the caves!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Born again

Send a message via AIM to mustangii

will do. now I need to dig out my Freestyle and promaster. May even bring out The dueling triplets, Maybe.

Ed

ASE certifed master tech
Master Certified Chrysler Tech
mustangii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Dude Abides

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Sub'd, awesome time shooting with everyone Saturday. I have a few coworkers in KC who either want to get into it or have kids that want to play, the MCB'ers are exactly the kind of guys I want newbies to see and play with. I'll post up whenever I'm going to head to Jaegers (only 20 mins from me) and will try to meet up at other places if people are planning to play elsewhere. Also, for anyone looking to bring a friend or someone who doesn't have their own gear feel free to shoot me a message. I have a few "loaners" from open class pumps to Marq's and all their respective loaders/tanks etc.

Ahhhh, so nice to see the ball rolling on this!
Old 12-15-2015, 11:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

^Cobra.
Maybe we can help each other out. I am bringing a bunch of newbs in January.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
Phantom Phanboy

Subbed.

Out of curiosity how many of you are members at jaegers? I've always thought about going for members night on Thursdays.

DivineWindPumpTeam
Proudly sponsored by:
mondoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Everytime I go to jaegers I think about becoming a member. Can someone give a breakdown on benefits? My understanding is 5 off field fee, 5 off cases of paint, and free entry on thursdays? Only shooting half a bag a day of play has held me back so far...

This sunday coming up looks like me and some friends are either heading to high performance in Harrisonville if they are still calling for 60 degrees/no rain, and if not jaegers. Once I get more for sure info I will post back up.

I'm curious about the players on Thursdays up at jaegers. With no field fee and I believe an additional case price discount I've always imagined it to be a pretty high paint volume affair. That's conjecture on my part though.
Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

I like being a member. You get in for $5 and your guests get in for $5 cheaper. You seem to bring guests, so you could use your paint discount to help them too.
Maybe they aren't supposed to, but I have been seen them wave members in for free too...
Old 12-17-2015, 01:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
The Dude Abides

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I signed up as a member on Saturday. I know I'll definitely get my $75 back between cases, field entry, Thursday nights etc. Feel free to message me for contact info (phone # etc). I've been in Minnesota, Ohio and Kentucky this week but should have my weekends free of work travel and hopefully filled with some paintball!
Old 12-17-2015, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
slowly coming back around

Subscribed. Won't be able to make it more than a couple of times each year, but you never know, Guard might send me to KC for a weekend and I'll find myself with a Friday night, footloose and fancy free.

The problem with America is that we confuse our politics for religion, and our religions for science.

Check out my current sale and my feedback
usagi_tetsu is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » Local Games » Central